Pathetic Loss ...

bnhunt

CHW is a terrible end of the game coach. 6-point lead with under a minute and lose. She knows how to kill momentum with the best of them. This is not a very good UGA team. At some point, the loyalty to Pat has to end and they have got to get a real coach.

Reactions: 19 people
:rock:Again the Lady Vols cannot control turnovers with a total of 24...when is Warlick going to do something about this? Secondly when is the coaching staff goiing to do something to combat a zone defense? Thirdly our defense throughout this game was almost totally lacking....coaching!!

CHW is a terrible end of the game coach. 6-point lead with under a minute and lose. She knows how to kill momentum with the best of them. This is not a very good UGA team. At some point, the loyalty to Pat has to end and they have got to get a real coach.

Reactions: 6 people
I have never seen a coach try to sit on a 4 pt lead with 4 minutes to go before. That was special. And we had the momentum then. Holly just stepped in and broke her own team's momentum so that the other team didn't have to do it.

Reactions: 9 people
I have never seen a coach try to sit on a 4 pt lead with 4 minutes to go before. That was special. And we had the momentum then. Holly just stepped in and broke her own team's momentum so that the other team didn't have to do it.

Exactly! Playing not to lose instead of playing to win

Reactions: 10 people
Do not see, and have not ever seen any evidence of Holly being able to handle the x's and o's of the head coaching job..... but seemingly after an improbable win, we hear what a fine job she is doing.... Count me out.

Reactions: 9 people
Do not see, and have not ever seen any evidence of Holly being able to handle the x's and o's of the head coaching job..... but seemingly after an improbable win, we hear what a fine job she is doing.... Count me out.

Yep...she is the best! (Sarcasm) intended! Personally, I don't think she's in the top 5 in the SEC. The losses to less talented teams will continue in spite of the abundance of talent on the roster...Geno isn't the only coach in the country who could take this roster and win most of those games we've managed to lose...

Reactions: 4 people
That's why it was hard for me to get excited about beating USCe or ND. They continue to play inconsistent. It's really sad because they are capable of being great. For every good win there's a loss to Auburn or Georgia.

Reactions: 1 person
The team can win if HW will stay home. That final minute was the worst coaching I have ever seen.

Reactions: 5 people
After the Lady Vols last game, a victory, I congratulated the players and made the statement HW needs to be fired. All the fans were all for HW. Bottom line, HW has proven over several years she cannot coach these players up to their potential. I say again, whether the Lady Vols win or not, HW NEEDS TO GO!

Reactions: 5 people
Yep...she is the best! (Sarcasm) intended! Personally, I don't think she's in the top 5 in the SEC. The losses to less talented teams will continue in spite of the abundance of talent on the roster...Geno isn't the only coach in the country who could take this roster and win most of those games we've managed to lose...

hokievol12 oh how bang on true your words are

Georgia is 12-11 on the year. No excuse for losing this game--but then we've lost, what 8 games, and should really not have more than 1 loss. Warlick is .... Warlick.

Reactions: 2 people
After the Lady Vols last game, a victory, I congratulated the players and made the statement HW needs to be fired. All the fans were all for HW. Bottom line, HW has proven over several years she cannot coach these players up to their potential. I say again, whether the Lady Vols win or not, HW NEEDS TO GO!

Oh how true. Your thoughts are so true.... Nothing personally against her.... we just need a change at the top of the coaching staff and have needed it for a long time

Reactions: 3 people
:rock:So DeShields had 28 points...and 10 turnovers. Georgia scored enough points off half of her turnovers to win the game. LV cannot handle a zone defense and obviously CHW does not have the ability to correct this either. If DeShields could ever control her turnover, LV would win more games and she would be the best player in the SEC.

:rock:So DeShields had 28 points...and 10 turnovers. Georgia scored enough points off half of her turnovers to win the game. LV cannot handle a zone defense and obviously CHW does not have the ability to correct this either. If DeShields could ever control her turnover, LV would win more games and she would be the best player in the SEC.

Yeah, and then we have to sit and listen to Holly in the presser.... she said the team was outworked..... they showed a lack of effort..... they went through the motions.... she actually said these things.... but will you ever see her take any of these players out and sit them on the bench.... If i am coaching and my players showed what Holly said they showed .... i would sit them on the bench.... put the walk ons in if necessary.....

Another thing that I disagree with Holly on.... is she said in the presser that Nared has shown good things lately, so she wasn't going to get on her. Diamond did have 10 turnovers but she had 34 points so she wasn't going to get on her....

Great job Holly@!!! Way to totally accept mediocrity... Take whatever it is that your players feel like giving you.... All this is not hidden.... it is plainly stated in the press conference after the game.... Don't think Geno or Muffet would accept this sort of mediocre effort by their players..... but with Holly it is fine.... I have to go back and see how many points were scored off of DDs 10 TOs....

Others can gladly accept whatever it is the team wants to put forth for you as effort.... I would rather root for a team that brings the effort every night, and a coach who demands that they show more effort than "just going through the motions" as she said they did today.

Reactions: 6 people
Up by two with a foul to give and 9.4 secs. on the clock why would you not foul once the ball is advanced past half court?

Do you think Tennessee would have even been competitive in this game without Diamond?

Do you think Tennessee would have even been competitive in this game without Diamond?

The answer is a resounding NOOOOOOO.......they would have lost the game by 40+ points.People posting the comments on DD know absolutely nothing about the game of basketball.

Reactions: 10 people
This game was painful on so many levels. Diamond's turnovers were certainly part of the issue but so was Russell taking on the floor breaks and her fumbling the ball. Someone has to teach her how to block out and how to play in position. Yes she had a double double, however, the game is more then getting double doubles, you also have to play consistent defense. May this is the reason she is not listed as a high WNBA draft choice.

In the second o.t. Russell just stood there while Robinson went for the ball. There was simply no excuse for that. Nard just did not seem to be in the game at all. We were also back at our 20 plus turnovers a game. I do agree with one thing Holly said, Georgia out hustled us. Georgia, regardless of our short bench, should never have been in this game with us. We, for some reason, many times find a way to play down to our opponents level.

Holly did call timeouts at pivotal times, however, whatever she said did not seem to put much of a spark in our ladies. Holly seems to, a lot of the time, lack the ability to motivate her team when thinks go South. Next year I think we will have at least 10 five stars, though we will have these stars, they still need to be motivated. When you listen to Holly talk the one quality she seems to lack is the power to motivate. She has said that see cannot coach effort and that was very apparent in this Georgia loss. It also appeared that she did not demand it as well.

The answer is a resounding NOOOOOOO.......they would have lost the game by 40+ points.People posting the comments on DD know absolutely nothing about the game of basketball.

What have they posted about her in this thread? That she scored 34 pts but turned it over 10 times. What do you need to know about basketball to know that's a ridiculous number of TOs? The scoring is great-we need it from her to win and wouldn't have won without her. But we didn't win with her either. How about we agree we need her to win-but we need her to cut down on these TOs.

What have they posted about her in this thread? That she scored 34 pts but turned it over 10 times. What do you need to know about basketball to know that's a ridiculous number of TOs? The scoring is great-we need it from her to win and wouldn't have won without her. But we didn't win with her either. How about we agree we need her to win-but we need her to cut down on these TOs.

Sure, it would have been nice if she had fewer turnovers, but when pinpointing what were the main issues tonight, Diamond's turnovers take a backseat to the lack of point production from Nared, Reynolds and Jackson. There were only 2 players that could consistently score for the team tonight.

If Tennessee had a pair of semi competent guards on offense that aren't scared sh!tless to shoot the ball, then they would have won going away...even with Diamond's turnovers.

Diamond with the ball in her hand is the only way Tennessee has a chance...turnovers and all. Otherwise, it would be an even more stagnant offense.

Give this team to Vic Schaefer and we are top 4. Coach Pinkston of Missouri has done a great job with far less talent than we have. We don't need Geno to win we need an X and O coach with the ability to motivate and develop players to play at a high level and a coach that can maintain consistency. However, no matter what we want or need, we are getting Holly. So sit back grab your popcorn :popcorn:and whistle :whistling: Dixie:because Holly is here for at least the next two years.:banghead2:

Give this team to Vic Schaefer and we are top 4. Coach Pinkston of Missouri has done a great job with far less talent than we have. We don't need Geno to win we need an X and O coach with the ability to motivate and develop players to play at a high level and a coach that can maintain consistency. However, no matter what we want or need, we are getting Holly. So sit back grab your popcorn :popcorn:and whistle :whistling: Dixie:because Holly is here for at least the next two years.:banghead2:

Top 10 for sure, but better than UConn, Baylor, MD, MSU, SC, and ND?

VN Store

Back