Game Thread Lady Vols at Georgia

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Reactions: 2 people
Important for the big 3 get some consistent scoring help each remaining games.

It's also critical that Nunn and Alexa improve if we are to continue to win. Jordan understands her role but must improve her offense and get more shots up in the gym.

Alexa has shifted from her wild play and has been working a lot better in the offense. The problem is finding someone she can guard she has real problems on defense mainly because she is usually slower than the opponents guards.

hey be nice to Alexa,just think of how much she has improved this year over last :)

and should be better in the future

Reactions: 4 people
Alexa has shifted from her wild play and has been working a lot better in the offense. The problem is finding someone she can guard she has real problems on defense mainly because she is usually slower than the opponents guards.

She just needs to learn how to move. Alexa is athletic and fast, but defensive-foot-speed happens below the knees and she moves in her hips. (Jaime has the best lateral movement- mechanics on defense. Her shoulders hardly move (up and down) when she moves laterally on a slide. This is key...No wasted motion.)

It's less about athleticism and more about technique.

Reactions: 3 people
hey be nice to Alexa,just think of how much she has improved this year over last :)

and should be better in the future

That's what we call "constructive criticism" and it means no harm to the person it's directed at. It's to make that person better.

Last edited:
I'm a little worried about that to Smallvol

I not too concerned.

They work equally hard in practice as they do in a game.

As it is with Geno, it is with any coach..,,The players would rather be playing, than practicing. Its not that its harder...the "wins" don't count, in practice.

Practice is practice

This would be a good game to get Dunbar some minutes she needs to build confidence and Holly just needs to make it happen. Jamie needs 3 minutes each half of game time to rest. Last two of 1st qt 1mn of second with time in between and same of 3rd and 4th. This gives her 34 mns game time to be her best.

Reactions: 1 person
I kinda agree with you about Dunbar needing to build her confidence but she shouldn't feel like she should have to shoot the 3 everytime she touches the ball.

Reactions: 3 people
This would be a good game to get Dunbar some minutes she needs to build confidence and Holly just needs to make it happen. Jamie needs 3 minutes each half of game time to rest. Last two of 1st qt 1mn of second with time in between and same of 3rd and 4th. This gives her 34 mns game time to be her best.

She may,,,Holly pulled the trigger on a look we hadn't seen yet,,, Kortney and Shaquilla together. Both low on defense. . . . If this works out to be an option, it could bolster our bench and rest a starter by proxy

Reactions: 1 person
She just needs to learn how to move. Alexa is athletic and fast, but defensive-foot-speed happens below the knees and she moves in her hips. (Jaime has the best lateral movement- mechanics on defense. Her shoulders hardly move (up and down) when she moves laterally on a slide. This is key...No wasted motion.)

It's less about athleticism and more about technique.

Alexa athletic and fast? Not!!! But she tries hard though.

She may,,,Holly pulled the trigger on a look we hadn't seen yet,,, Kortney and Shaquilla together. Both low on defense. . . . If this works out to be an option, it could bolster our bench and rest a starter by proxy

These two may work out as a good tandem, but I think at least two of Deshields, Nared, and Reynolds need to be on the floor at the same time for ball-handling purposes.

Coach Jumper, what are your feelings about playing Russell and Nunn at the same time in certain circumstances even though Nunn is Russell's sub?

These two may work out as a good tandem, but I think at least two of Deshields, Nared, and Reynolds need to be on the floor at the same time for ball-handling purposes.

Coach Jumper, what are your feelings about playing Russell and Nunn at the same time in certain circumstances even though Nunn is Russell's sub?

For defense, yes, for offense, nope...They'd get in each others way.

Both are "in the cup" players. (Both score most of their points inside of the dotted line). This is why I like the Dunbar/Nunn set. True hi-low players. Nunn in the paint , KD at the arc.

With any combination of players. DD-JN-AM-MJ-JR

I not too concerned.

They work equally hard in practice as they do in a game.

As it is with Geno, it is with any coach..,,The players would rather be playing, than practicing. Its not that its harder...the "wins" don't count, in practice.

Practice is practice

Yes, but the difference is Gennos teams play hard all 4 quarters. If our starters played thru every possession the bench could probably see more minutes

Jaime has played 40 minutes the past two games, right? And DD has been playing almost that many?

The LVs have been feeding off the men's BB wins. Maybe the Vols tough road loss today will inspire the ladies to focus and keep playing with intensity. No letdown!

Good luck to the Lady Vols today against Georgia! Keep it rolling ladies! I will be watching from southeastern Ohio.
:rock:

VN Store

Back