UTSports.com replay's

Rickster

VFL
I like the highlight replays where Mickey Dearstone is doing the play by play because there are a lot more highlights than the ones that are done by the T.V. announcing crew. Last night Kessling and Carter did the replay and I like them both but personally would rather see more highlights and less analysis/stats. I can get the analysis and starts by looking at the box score, reading the synopsis of the game and by reading this and other forums. Is there a T.V. contractual issue that drives these hybrid replays or just a cost cutting measure?

Reactions: 2 people
I like the highlight replays where Mickey Dearstone is doing the play by play because there are a lot more highlights than the ones that are done by the T.V. announcing crew. Last night Kessling and Carter did the replay and I like them both but personally would rather see more highlights and less analysis/stats. I can get the analysis and starts by looking at the box score, reading the synopsis of the game and by reading this and other forums. Is there a T.V. contractual issue that drives these hybrid replays or just a cost cutting measure?

Probably more about the time and money involved in producing the videos.

It was an SEC channel game, that is why. I agree, I'm not a fan of them either!!!! Give me highlights! UT media to (my understanding) does the highlight reals, and when it's SEC broadcasters, they use them. When it's not SEC broadcasters doing play by play, they use the highlights from the game from whatever studio/producer (espn, fox, ect) and voice over with Mickey, which I prefer!!!

Yeah and the one the SEC crew did excluded Diamond's two amazing layups! 😠 (Unless I missed them.)

Reactions: 2 people

If the game is televised on the SEC Network or is an online SEC Network+ production, the schools are obligated to use the 2-minute highlight package that the network produces as the only highlights on the team site. If the game is on any other outlet, UT is allowed to use broadcast footage with Mickey's call over it for a highlight package.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back