LADY VOLS SOFTBALL TEAM CHECK's IN AT NO. 15 IN BOTH PRESEASON NATIONAL POLLS

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Hope the softball program isnt trending down like basketball program -- 5 SEC teams ranked ahead of the LVs

Freak out Panic mode!!! Tennessee Lady Vols softball team isn't ranked #1????

Oh lordy lou, whatever shall we do???? Sky is falling...The sky is falling!!!

It's a long season so just give it some time for them to move into the top 5.

Reactions: 1 person
pitching seems to be the problem Orange Blood,if it comes around they will be fine :)

With one sophomore pitcher, a freshman, and a JC pitcher everyone is putting Tennessee lower than they would be if their pitching was proven. If these pitchers come through in a big way we could easily be a top five team we have the hitting to score a lot of runs.

I agree with you volfan.....if pitching is above average the team is very capable of a world series run😊

Preseason rankings are pretty meaningless, especially when you have a bunch of teams that are more or less equally talented. The Weeklys are tremendous--run the best sports program at UT--but they've kind of dropped the ball on pitching recruiting the last three or so years. They signed two pitchers last year, and one was such a complete bust that she disappeared after, what, one brief appearance? That mistake has been costly, requiring the signing of a JC transfer, and the Weeklys had to do the same thing a couple of years ago when they signed a transfer from Texas Tech (yes?) to supplement a thin staff, and she didn't pan out either--at least as a pitcher. If a second pitcher proves good and dependable, we should have a very good team, but that's a big ask for a freshman and a transfer from a tiny community college in Missouri.

Preseason rankings are pretty meaningless, especially when you have a bunch of teams that are more or less equally talented. The Weeklys are tremendous--run the best sports program at UT--but they've kind of dropped the ball on pitching recruiting the last three or so years. They signed two pitchers last year, and one was such a complete bust that she disappeared after, what, one brief appearance? That mistake has been costly, requiring the signing of a JC transfer, and the Weeklys had to do the same thing a couple of years ago when they signed a transfer from Texas Tech (yes?) to supplement a thin staff, and she didn't pan out either--at least as a pitcher. If a second pitcher proves good and dependable, we should have a very good team, but that's a big ask for a freshman and a transfer from a tiny community college in Missouri.

I think the Weeklys biggest mistake was the one promise to Erin Gabriel who was the Number ranked pitcher in high school that he would not recruit another pitcher. He held to his word and then when EG got hurt and did not pitch much one year if any at all we were left holding the bag. The freshman girl last year who was from Georgia was highly ranked but just did not have the location or speed to pan out. I think she is at a small school in Georgia now. Rainey saved our but last year because she is such a great athlete. We not only need another pitcher but a hard throwing left hander would be what the doctor ordered. I think we will be ok if one of the new ladies can come through, but we must be able to hit, I think we can and stop the 3rd base rotation and first base. Outfield will be very good and up the middle will be very good as well. Throw out a couple of Ralphs bonehead calls and we will be out ok.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back