AP Poll - USC moves up, UT not ranked

A bit surprised the LVs have not cracked the top 25. There are several teams with 6 or 7 losses in the rankings (including KY who the LVs beat) and the LVs have wins against 3 top ten teams (including 2 in the top 5) on their resume.

They did have some early bad losses but so did several others on the list.

But as you say VP, they just need to keep stringing wins together, and the polls will take care of themselves. They are very capable of running the table for the rest of the SEC regular season.

You are aware that the AP poll came out before the SC-Lady Vol game? The USA Today/Coaches poll came out the next morning and had Tennessee sliding in at 25 with SC dropping 2 spots to 6th.

Assuming the Lady Vols take care of business against LSU and Georgia, it is almost assured they will be in the AP poll next Monday. Particularly given the losses by five of the bottom ten in the top 25.

Jim

Reactions: 6 people
The poll shows USC's record as 18-1, where that 1 is the loss to UT, so that made me think the poll includes that loss. Why would they list it otherwise? Thanks.

The poll shows USC's record as 18-1, where that 1 is the loss to UT, so that made me think the poll includes that loss. Why would they list it otherwise? Thanks.

They lost to Duke earlier in the year.

SCAR will be on a mission to take it to UK tomorrow. The Lady Cats will drop out of the Top 25 and the Lady Vols should move in. The committee having UK a 4 seed was always a stretch.

Reactions: 1 person
If we win our games up to Monday, we'll be in the top 25. If we win out the regular season, we'll probably be top 15. If we win the SEC tournament, we'll probably be top 10 and a 2 seed in the tournament and no team would be happy about playing us in the Dance.

But, as I've said many times, we lack consistency, so winning out isn't in the realm of possibility unless we consistently put games together like we did against South Carolina, Notre Dame, and Stanford.

we will beat everyone but Mississippi state and go 12-4 and 22-8 in conference

We can beat Mississippi State the 2nd go round.

If the LVs play inspired like they did against South Carolina they could get the same results with MS. I have not seen anything special about MS at all. Good defense should do the job that and outscoring them of course.

I say that the LVs win and I might even suggest they'll win by double digits.

If anything Mississippi State should be fearful for what's headed their way when Tennessee comes into town. The Lady Vols are BACK! Game on!

GOLADYVOLS!:dance2:

Reactions: 2 people

If the LVs play inspired like they did against South Carolina they could get the same results with MS. I have not seen anything special about MS at all. Good defense should do the job that and outscoring them of course.

If anything Mississippi State should be fearful for what's headed their way when Tennessee comes into town. The Lady Vols are BACK! Game on!

Two things worry me about MSt.

1- their extremely physical style of play
2- Vivians...we have never been able to guard her

And that's not mentioning that pg (petite gnat) they have, or Shafer hitting 3s...which she missed vs SC, or Dillingham, or oh heck. A lot more than two things worry me. But, yes, we can beat them, and if we play our game, we should. Now we just have to play our game against them.

Thanks, Jeff.

Last edited:
Two things worry me about MSt.

1- their extremely physical style of play
2- Vivians...we have never been able to guard her

And that's not mentioning that pg (petite gnat) they have, or Shafer hitting 3s...which she missed vs SC, or Dangerfield, or oh heck. A lot more than two things worry me. But, yes, we can beat them, and if we play our game, we should. Now we just have to play our game against them.

Who is Dangerfield? Are you referring to Dillingham?

Disclaimer: I have only seen USC once this season but I have seen MSU several times.

From what I have seen (see disclaimer above) MSU has better perimeter and guard play than USC. Vivians, Dillingham, and William have been playing together and/or starting for 3 seasons now. They are good. USC's perimeter players may be more talented but not quite as effective.

Beating MSU at MSU isn't a given and frankly I don't expect it. I'll cheer loudly if it happens though.

Who is Dangerfield? Are you referring to Dillingham?

Freudian slip... Dillingham is danger to me, and I guess I transposed field for court. Did you know at the SECT last year she was playing with an injured back and was in severe pain? Have to admire her. Hope she stays home if we play them again:) (and keeps Vivians with her!).

VN Store

Back