Give the Ladies Credit Because It Is Due

teacherdean

No matter what you think the ladies played their butt off. Diamond was a jewel. These ladies showed up tonight. I am proud of the swag you showed tonight.

Reactions: 15 people
No matter what you think the ladies played their butt off. Diamond was a jewel. These ladies showed up tonight. I am proud of the swag you showed tonight.

Diamond, Jaime, Mercedes and Alexa were great shooting the ball and attacking the basket. Jordan and MeMe did their part on the other end. Well done!

Reactions: 4 people
HUGE win. Questionable call on that foul with 8 secs left...but it doesn't guarantee South Carolina wins it if it goes the other way. Still...a BIG win on the road vs an 18-1 team ranked 4th in the country. It shows this team DOES have the talent...and it makes u wonder how we lost 7 games already. At any rate...that was an old school Pat Summitt type win. Coming into a top schools gym and coming out with a win.

Congrats Lady Vols! What a great all around effort by the team and coaching staff! Keep it rolling ladies! Your improving every week!:dance2:

Diamond, Jaime, Mercedes and Alexa were great shooting the ball and attacking the basket. Jordan and MeMe did their part on the other end. Well done!

I really thought that this was their best game of the year. There is no reason why we cannot run the table for the season or come damn near. Tonight they hustled, played like they wanted to win and showed great effort.:good!:

HUGE win. Questionable call on that foul with 8 secs left...but it doesn't guarantee South Carolina wins it if it goes the other way.

That's twice you've said that now. But, when your bump a player hard enough to knock her off her feet, I, personally, have a hard time understanding how you call the foul questionable. But then, I guess you think the no call on Coates late in the 4th quarter where they awarded the ball to SC was a good call, too.

Jim

Reactions: 10 people
HUGE win. Questionable call on that foul with 8 secs left...but it doesn't guarantee South Carolina wins it if it goes the other way. Still...a BIG win on the road vs an 18-1 team ranked 4th in the country. It shows this team DOES have the talent...and it makes u wonder how we lost 7 games already. At any rate...that was an old school Pat Summitt type win. Coming into a top schools gym and coming out with a win.

Questionable call, but not necessarily a bad call. Never got a good angle. But the one a couple of minutes earlier, up 69-62, when one of their bigs clearly touched the ball while out of bounds, was a bad call. Instead of our ball up 7, they get 2 points.

Reactions: 3 people
Congrats to Lady Vols and Holly. I hope this frees them up from the pressure they have been playing with for so long. When you look at last call Jamie did get slight push from behind and the official called it. It makes up for the bad call when Coates was out of bounds and touched the ball and they gave it to SC and they scored this during their comeback.

I really thought that this was their best game of the year. There is no reason why we cannot run the table for the season or come damn near. Tonight they hustled, played like they wanted to win and showed great effort.:good!:

I think MSU is still tough as nails and they match up well against Tennessee. But other than that game and the SECT, I can't imagine who would beat them leading into the NCAAT unless they beat themselves.

There is no doubt the call awarding SC the ball when Coates touched it while out of bounds was a bad call, made doubly so by the fact that it was inside 2 minutes and could have been reviewed, but I still think the no call at about the 1:30 mark was more egregious. She clearly impeded Russell and less contact by guards on the perimeter has been called a foul all season.

Jim

Congrats! Russell came to play...including rebounding the ball! Diamond just would not be denied! She played like a # 1 WNBA draft pick! Nared is cool as a cucumber at the free throw line! Middleton...she hit a couple of HUGE shots! This is how so many of us knew that this team could play! That's why those losses to Va. Tech, Penn State, Auburn, etc. have been so frustrating!

Quality win for the LVs! The team showed up and played hard for four quarters in one of the SEC's toughest venues. Five of the final 8 are in TBA, so the ladies are primed to finish strong.

Reactions: 1 person
Obviously Diamond was outstanding!! But I have to give some props to Alexa, who we have been hard on. Her shots were HUGE!! Could've been the difference. Way to go, Alexa!!

Diamond put on a show tonight! It's been a while since we've had a player perform their best on national TV, against a top five team, WHILE on the road. I remember Pat Summitt saying, "we have Candace Parker and you don't." If DD keeps this up, Holly will be able to say the same. Furthermore, the entire team played well and showed up, doing what was necessary to win! Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 2 people
Our bench will be pivotal down the stretch. It's great to see Middleton gaining confidence and making big shots and Nunn getting PT. We'll need them.

Obviously Diamond was outstanding!! But I have to give some props to Alexa, who we have been hard on. Her shots were HUGE!! Could've been the difference. Way to go, Alexa!!

Alexa also played a little D as well. Diamond was outstanding but this was a team effort.

Reactions: 2 people
First, and foremost, I want to congratulate the Lady Vols on an outstanding game and wish them the best for the remainder of the season!! With that said, Holly still needs to go! She is NOT the long term answer to this program. Holly can recruit but cannot coach which has been proven over the last several years! Our players deserve better! Go Vols!

Conditioning and being disciplined enough to not be in foul trouble will keep our starters and first two off the bench in a lot of games and possibly deep in the tourney.

VN Store

Back