Game Thread Lady Vols at South Carolina

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Monday, Jan. 30, 2017
Time: 6:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on

ESPN2

you can stream the game here

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live
or

http://www.sportsradiownml.com/

the Lady Vols are unranked

South Carolina is ranked 5th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 4th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

gonna have to play tough Lady Vols,but you can do it :good!:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
I watch a lot of both teams, it will be interesting. SC underachieves with their talent (4 1,000 point scorers in starting 5), often plays to competition. Staley's offensive scheme is old and tired, SC relies on talent to beat opponents. UT showed vs ND they have the same level of talent, both coaches underwhelm obviously. Could go either way.

Staley is overrated as a coach, without elite talent she is lost. Probably true and same for both coaches, at least if we are talking about beating the likes of a UCONN, seems UT doing even worse with their elite talent overall, edge to SC at home and being with only one loss so far.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Staley is overrated as a coach, without elite talent she is lost. Probably true and same for both coaches, at least if we are talking about beating the likes of a UCONN, seems UT doing even worse with their elite talent overall, edge to SC at home and being with only one loss so far.

IMO...There are very few coaches who can build their own talent, percentage-wise. Anybody can take the best talents and win more than they lose...It is a rare coach who can build them from scratch and equally rare is the coach who can take the best, and makes them better.

How is she overrated when she built Temple into a program that lead to 2 players making it to the WNBA and one still playing in the league (Candace Dupree).

She also built the South Carolina program, yes she was fortunate enough to get star talent but that star talent was from the state that she had to convince to stay home when most of that talent would have landed at the likes of UNC, Georgia, UT, and etc.

She also had 2 other players who were selected to the WNBA (Welch and Tiffany Mitchell) and Mitchell is one of the young promising guards in the league.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
At the beginning of the season, I thought South Carolina was the favorite for the national championship this year. On paper, they are loaded. But just like Notre Dame, something is missing from the team this season. For the past half dozen games, they have struggled to score 60 points. They may be vulnerable right now.

hopefully the good Lady Vols show up :)

If every Lady Vol play up to their capability and with heart, it could be a close game, if not they get blown out by 20. In any case I think USC wins. I hope the ladies pull a surprise and wins this one. If they did, it would have a positive affect how they would be seeded in the NCAA tournament.

GLV! Win or lose...we still love ya even if some don't know how to express it. Play well, improve going forward, and restore the greatness that is Lady Vol basketball.

If every Lady Vol play up to their capability and with heart, it could be a close game, if not they get blown out by 20. In any case I think USC wins. I hope the ladies pull a surprise and wins this one. If they did, it would have a positive affect how they would be seeded in the NCAA tournament.

They will be ready.

:thumbsup:

The "interesting" season, continues.

Reactions: 1 person
Tn Ladys will be TN Ladys. Maybe they get out to a good 10 point lead & give themselves some confidence playing SC. But, they'll fizzle out down the stretch & lose to SC by 12-15 points. I want them to win each game they play & be the best like old times. But, we all know this is not a Pat Summitt team anymore and this team doesn't play the game like it either. We don't have the talent to stay up w/this SC team. This could very well be another blowout like that Auburn game.

This game will be all about defense and rebounding, which traditionally were our strengths.

We'll have to improve in both areas to seriously challenge USC.

We will trade coaches and maybe give you a draft choice to boot .

Agreed on consistent defense and full game rebounding but also consistent 3 point
shooting must be a major weapon against SC inside power.

it is interesting is so many good and bad ways coach jumper :)

It's all about drive, gov.
And my drive is a "Porsche".

My goal for this team from where I sit right now is at a minimum: Elite 8 . . . But that is just a goal of where anybody with a brain at all,,,would put this talent. And most would accept that as a successful campaign.

If we get beyond EE, and I have influenced it's success, that is where it gets interesting for me.

Last edited:
I watch a lot of both teams, it will be interesting. SC underachieves with their talent (4 1,000 point scorers in starting 5), often plays to competition. Staley's offensive scheme is old and tired, SC relies on talent to beat opponents. UT showed vs ND they have the same level of talent, both coaches underwhelm obviously. Could go either way.
I'll say SC will win by 15 points maybe more. They will be ready for the Lady Vols and our team will go into mistake mode early and often.

It's all about drive, gov.
And my drive is a "Porsche".

My goal for this team from where I sit right now is at a minimum: Elite 8 . . . But that is just a goal of where anybody with a brain at all,,,would put this talent. And most would accept that as a successful campaign.

If we get beyond EE, and I have influenced it's success, that is where it gets interesting.
For me.

Are you in a position to influence their success ?

The facts are..both of these teams have a tendency to play below their talent level. The big difference is Tennessee loses those games and we win ours. I am not say Tennessee doesn't have the talent to beat us....they just seem to have a bigger problem meshing so many talented players. I would think it could go either way...but we do have home court advantage and better success playing even in our bad games than you guys..

The facts are..both of these teams have a tendency to play below their talent level. The big difference is Tennessee loses those games and we win ours. I am not say Tennessee doesn't have the talent to beat us....they just seem to have a bigger problem meshing so many talented players. I would think it could go either way...but we do have home court advantage and better success playing even in our bad games than you guys..
SC wins we might have a slight chance at home but no chance there with your huge crowd. It will be a double digit win for SC.

I stir with many spoons.
VolNation is just one of them.

Non responsive. If you don't want to answer the question, that's ok. If you choose to answer it, please answer directly.
Which means actively and currently being directly involved, hands on, with the team and not just posting on various boatds.

Non responsive. If you don't want to answer the question, that's ok. If you choose to answer it, please answer directly.
Which means actively and currently being directly involved, hands on, with the team and not just posting on various boatds.

I post exclusively here at VolNation. Nowhere else.

I do more than just post.
I will leave it at that for now.

Just know, if I do a get a future look, I will have earned it.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back