Deshields named to USBWA watch list

Diamond getting some love for the season-ending awards. Surprised that Russell isn't there.

USBWA > News > Midseason Watch Lists

I think Russell should be on the list but I am not surprised that she isn't to be honest with you. Look at all the players on there who play the 5 for their respective teams and that will provide you your answer. They all have a nastiness/competitive edge to them that Russell just doesn't have. It's no knock to her, she is just too nice. She will more than likely make next year's list if she stays.

Reactions: 1 person
I think Russell should be on the list but I am not surprised that she isn't to be honest with you. Look at all the players on there who play the 5 for their respective teams and that will provide you your answer. They all have a nastiness/competitive edge to them that Russell just doesn't have. It's no knock to her, she is just too nice. She will more than likely make next year's list if she stays.

I hope she stays. I do not think she is tough enough to play pro ball in the WNBA or oversees. I think it would do her a lot of good. I would like to see a big push her for playing time and see how she would handle that. Presently there is no one, on this team, really challenging her. Because of her size I doubt she has really been challenged by a teammate at any level. This summer someone that understands and played the post position, at a high level, should work with her.

VN Store

Back