Robert Hubbs, Grant Williams lead Tennessee to upset No. 4 Kentucky

T.J.

I watched the last 6 minutes of that game. What a great win for the team!

I knew that they had it in them when I first watched them play Wisconsin in preseason even though they loss to the Badgers the young squad had some fight in them and I came away impressed.

Surprised with the 9 losses. But this one win is a BIG ONE!

I kept thinking maybe just maybe the Lady Vols were watching the Vols beat Kentucky. Perhaps that will give them motivation to keep winning and pushing thru games for success? We shall see and I hope so!

Congrats TENNESSEE!!
And GOLadyVols!

Kentucky vs. Tennessee - Game Recap - January 24, 2017 - ESPN

Reactions: 4 people
Awesome! I've lived 52 years as a Vol. Tonight was my 1st ever UK game and it did not disappoint! Our young team played very disciplined against better atletes.
With Bernard and Slay in the house, was there any doubt? ☺

Reactions: 5 people
go back and watch the entire game replay. Tn played as well as they could all night.

So sad I didn't record it because I didn't have faith.... :(

Reactions: 2 people
You know what is drop dead hilarious to me the men are 11-9 and just beat kentucky great game yes but they have been worst than the lady vols , but we praising them but our lady vols are 12-7 and holly should be burned at the stake LOL

Last edited:
The men do have nine losses, but they have played one of the toughest schedules in the country, and they do not have a single bad loss. All nine losses have been to NCAA tournament teams. Unlike the ladies, they haven't lost a single game that they were favored to win. Also, they have given fits to some of the top teams in the country. Each loss has been a fight to the end.

Reactions: 8 people
You know what is drop dead hilarious to me the men are 11-9 and just beat kentucky great game yes but they have been worst than the lady vols , but we praising them but our lady vols are 12-7 and holly should be burned at the stake LOL

The difference? The men are beating more talented teams, the women are losing to less talented teams. Playing up vs Playing down....

Reactions: 8 people
The difference? The men are beating more talented teams, the women are losing to less talented teams. Playing up vs Playing down....

The men lost to ole miss which they were uo. they lost to Chattanooga , they lost to arkansas up as well just to name a few

The difference is the women traditionally have higher expectations than the men.

So celebrate the men's great victory and quit fussing. We love them ALL.

1. This is Barnes' second year at Tennessee. It's Holly's fifth as head coach.

2. Barnes has no High School All-Americans on the roster and just beat a team loaded with them. In Holly's case it's all too frequently the opposite...

Reactions: 3 people
The men do have nine losses, but they have played one of the toughest schedules in the country, and they do not have a single bad loss. All nine losses have been to NCAA tournament teams. Unlike the ladies, they haven't lost a single game that they were favored to win. Also, they have given fits to some of the top teams in the country. Each loss has been a fight to the end.

Thanks for that info.

1. This is Barnes' second year at Tennessee. It's Holly's fifth as head coach.

2. Barnes has no High School All-Americans on the roster and just beat a team loaded with them. In Holly's case it's all too frequently the opposite...

NO NO NO excuse barnes has more head coaching experience, and Mens basketball you don't need a plate full of AA ask bulter didn't they make it to final four, please if you rag on one rag on the other . Consistency

go back and watch the entire game replay. Tn played as well as they could all night.

So sad I didn't record it because I didn't have faith.... :(

oh, that's ok, I've seen it twice already, so one's for you...:)

GO VOLS!

and Mens basketball you don't need a plate full of AA ask bulter didn't they make it to final four,

Gosh, I wish someone told Syracuse that when they kicked Holly's a** on the way to the Final Four.

I don't know if Barnes will be a success here or not, but trying to make an apples to apples comparison with Holly at this point is absurd....

Reactions: 1 person
NO NO NO excuse barnes has more head coaching experience, and Mens basketball you don't need a plate full of AA ask bulter didn't they make it to final four, please if you rag on one rag on the other . Consistency

Surely you're not really this stupid...

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back