Anastacia Hayes on the Rise ESPNW 25 Power Rankings

T.J.

"There's a whole lot of Hayes going on at Riverdale (Murfreesboro, Tennessee). Led by 36 points from Tennessee signee Anastasia Hayes, Riverdale cruised past crosstown rival Blackman (former home of current UConn freshman Crystal Dangerfield) and improved to 17-0 on the season. The Hayes sisters -- freshman Alasia Hayes and sophomore Aislynn Hayes are the other stars-in-the making -- combined for 56 points in the 88-62 win. With the convincing victory, Riverdale moves up to No. 8 in the espnW 25 Power Rankings for Week 7."

espnW 25 Power Rankings - ESPN

We See You Anastacia!

Riverdale 2016-2017 Girls' Basketball Schedule :: Tennessee High School Sports

Schedule - Riverdale Warriors Girls Basketball (Murfreesboro, TN)

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you and your sisters!
Can't wait to see you in Orange!

GOLadyVols!:)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 people
The gift that keeps on giving!! Anyone know the height of the other Hayes girls and the position they play?

Sorry I found it on the team website!

Reactions: 1 person
The gift that keeps on giving!! Anyone know the height of the other Hayes girls and the position they play?

That's why I posted her teams website. I had a feeling someone would want to know more about her sisters.

With that I hope that Anastacia is the guard of the LVs future. We REALLY need a playmaker leading the team. We haven't had one since Shannon Bobbitt. It's a long time coming.

Here's hoping T'ea Cooper and Anastacia will compliment one another and bring home a National Championship!

That's why I posted her teams website. I had a feeling someone would want to know more about her sisters.

With that I hope that Anastacia is the guard of the LVs future. We REALLY need a playmaker leading the team. We haven't had one since Shannon Bobbitt. It's a long time coming.

Here's hoping T'ea Cooper and Anastacia will compliment one another and bring home a National Championship!

No love for Ariel Massengale :( I think she was a better playmaker than Shannon, but not as good of a ballhandler or defender. Bobbitt had ice in her veins.

Reactions: 2 people
"There's a whole lot of Hayes going on at Riverdale (Murfreesboro, Tennessee). Led by 36 points from Tennessee signee Anastasia Hayes, Riverdale cruised past crosstown rival Blackman (former home of current UConn freshman Crystal Dangerfield) and improved to 17-0 on the season. The Hayes sisters -- freshman Alasia Hayes and sophomore Aislynn Hayes are the other stars-in-the making -- combined for 56 points in the 88-62 win. With the convincing victory, Riverdale moves up to No. 8 in the espnW 25 Power Rankings for Week 7."

espnW 25 Power Rankings - ESPN

We See You Anastacia!

Riverdale 2016-2017 Girls' Basketball Schedule :: Tennessee High School Sports

Schedule - Riverdale Warriors Girls Basketball (Murfreesboro, TN)

Keep up the good work and best of luck to you and your sisters!
Can't wait to see you in Orange!

GOLadyVols!:)

Comparison to Dangerfield who played at Blackman I watched her play several times Junior year.

The web site not accurate? Just my opinion...
Anastasia is probably 5'7" or 5'8"
Her sisters are both about same height!!! Both are 5'9" to 5'10". They both are a couple inches taller. You know how schools enhance their programs or web sites!!!!
One other thing I would mention is their weight. You need some weight and upper body strength to be able to penetrate...take a hit...and still get your shot off! Anastasia and the freshman sister are stocky and fairly strong. The sophomore sister is thinner and might have been pushed away from the table before she could finish eating?😜
The game I saw : when all three are playing together, the sophomore played point and Anastasia played 2 guard. One time there was a scrum for the ball and the three sister were fighting each other for the ball and the freshman sister came out with it.. I think she is stronger and more aggressive J.M.O.

Last edited:
No love for Ariel Massengale :( I think she was a better playmaker than Shannon, but not as good of a ballhandler or defender. Bobbitt had ice in her veins.

Ariel was good but Shannon was better. Ariel had her moments and I believe her assists numbers were higher than Shannon's?

If I had to pick either one in a pick up game it'll be Shannon Lil'Bit Bobbitt.

Lil'Bit had a lot more fight in her than Ariel.

Reactions: 2 people
Ariel was good but Shannon was better. Ariel had her moments and I believe her assists numbers were higher than Shannon's?

I agree that Shannon was overall better, but I thought Ariel's passing ability was severely underappreciated.

Since you know about miss Hayes please give me a comparison between her and Dangerfield who I was able to watch several times her Junior year at Blackman?

Since you know about miss Hayes please give me a comparison between her and Dangerfield who I was able to watch several times her Junior year at Blackman?

I've never seen Anastacia in person. As for Dangerfield seen her play on numerous occasions on t.v. She's a good player.

Everything I know about Anastacia is from this website and what I've researched.

Of the two, Hayes shows more pride in--and greater loyalty to--the state of Tennessee and the Lady Vols program.

Dangerfield followed her heart while Hayes filled ours--by following hers too.

Oh, and Anastasia has sisters who ball, too!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
without Dangerfield this year as a true freshman, UConn would NOT be undefeated. She is truly great. Much better than M. Jefferson was as a freshman.

without Dangerfield this year as a true freshman, UConn would NOT be undefeated. She is truly great. Much better than M. Jefferson was as a freshman.

She saved them in the Baylor game, but hasn't done much since.

She's helping but not like that. Look at her stats against all the ranked teams they've played most recently she had only 3pts against Maryland. Katie Lou and Gabby have been the ones balling out for UCONN.

Only thing I know is that her Senior year she was not dialed in as sh should have been. They should have repeated as State Champs but got put out in Region.

Gule, Danger absolutely helped out in the Baylor game. Since then she has gone through concussion protocol and is currently out with a foot injury (2 weeks). When available, she comes in off the bench. She has a lot of work to do to be a top notch player in March.

Only thing I know is that her Senior year she was not dialed in as sh should have been. They should have repeated as State Champs but got put out in Region.

Word was she was dealing with a hip injury her senior yr.( the reason for not being "dialed-in") Required surgery when it became too much to deal with during USA ball.

Word was she was dealing with a hip injury her senior yr.( the reason for not being "dialed-in") Required surgery when it became too much to deal with during USA ball.

Blackman and Crystal Dangerfield got knocked out by Hayes and Riverdale. Giant game from Hayes in the head to head with Dangerfield (who also had a good game). Hayes had a few games where she was overwhelming for Dangerfield in head to head matchups.

Riverdale is now ranked number one in the USA Today poll. Paul VI (Mimi Collins) lost their first game and dropped a few spots. Riverdale has 6 or more D1 caliber players but Hayes is the best of the best as of now on that team.

VN Store

Back