NCAA Selection Committee reveal

Amb3096

Some interesting picks...

1: UConn, Baylor, SC, MSU
2: FSU, Washington, ND, Ore St
3: MD, Texas, Duke, Stanford
4: Louisville, UCLA, Kentucky, ASU

Surprised that MD is dropped all the way to a #3... if they plow through the B10, I can't imagine them not getting a #1. Also surprised to see UK so high...

They're #3 in the country, though. I've never seen such a discrepancy between the polls and NCAA seeding, at least for the women. They should be rooting for OSU to make the B10 final so they can pick up another win against a top 25 team to boost their resume.

They're #3 in the country, though. I've never seen such a discrepancy between the polls and NCAA seeding, at least for the women. They should be rooting for OSU to make the B10 final so they can pick up another win against a top 25 team to boost their resume.

Their OOC scheduling was pretty miserable and it doesn't help that the B10 is weak this year. OSU is also seriously underperforming. I think MD has to hope other teams ahead of them slip up in order to get up to even a #2 seed. Competition in the P12 and ACC could help.

Some interesting picks...

1: UConn, Baylor, SC, MSU
2: FSU, Washington, ND, Ore St
3: MD, Texas, Duke, Stanford
4: Louisville, UCLA, Kentucky, ASU

Surprised that MD is dropped all the way to a #3... if they plow through the B10, I can't imagine them not getting a #1. Also surprised to see UK so high...

This is so disappointing when you realize that we have the talent to be on this list. I know we have the talent to compete with Kentucky, ASU, Stanford, Oregon State, Duke (Finally it appears their HC has learned to coach) and maybe a few more. I hope we can make it to the Tournament ( I believe we will) and catch lighten in a bootle and our talent becomes more consistent. We have the ability to make a little noise in the Tournament.

They could (and probably should) make it to the S16, anything beyond that is just gravy.

Being A 4 means you have to go through 1 . a 6 seed is fine this team plays better as an underdog

The gravy looks pretty thin, the talent is there but inconsistent effort could mean a quick exit.

It could but with the right match ups it could also lead to another E8 appearance. You only gotta really have your crap together for 1 game to get to the E8 in most cases if you have enough talent.

Reactions: 1 person
Creme updated the brackets last night-- has the LVs a 7 seed in the SCAR bracket, playing Creighton then 2 seed Washington. UK gets a 4 seed so they can play at home.
Auburn and aTm are 6 seeds, LSU a 9 seed and MSU and SCAR 1 seeds.

Of course, it will all change weekly.

Creme updated the brackets last night-- has the LVs a 7 seed in the SCAR bracket, playing Creighton then 2 seed Washington. UK gets a 4 seed so they can play at home.
Auburn and aTm are 6 seeds, LSU a 9 seed and MSU and SCAR 1 seeds.

Of course, it will all change weekly.

I don't ever remember Creme's product reflecting the actual matchups in the tournament. The top 4 is usually a no-brainer but when it came to comparing the actual seedings to ESPN's version, they never matched. It is all ESPN publicity and it serves to give fans something to argue about but that's about it.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't ever remember Creme's product reflecting the actual matchups in the tournament. The top 4 is usually a no-brainer but when it came to comparing the actual seedings to ESPN's version, they never matched. It is all ESPN publicity and it serves to give fans something to argue about but that's about it.

Creme is very accurate in terms of the who.... in terms of the where not so much. That is to be expected though as no one other than the committee can really ever know that as it's the last decision made before the tourney starts and its seems every year there are certain caveats to the rules that must be considered.

The who however is his real specialty. He is I think above 95% accuracy on who gets in over the last 4 years.

Nobody can really predict what the committee will do-- they probably argue about it themselves. Creme's bracketology is just a conversation starter. UT wasn't even projected to be in the tournament field a few weeks ago, so it was good to see the LVs as a 7 seed, with a chance to move up. SOS nailed Maryland; it should work in our favor.

VN Store

Back