Holly is a Great Person...

millst987

However, she is a horrible coach. She needs to be fired 1 year ago. The longer she remains head coach, the more embarrassing our program becomes. It's super sad that those on top at UT have no desire to be winners and be competitive in all sports. I am starting to understand why I see so many Tennesseeans put their money in Alabama Football or Kentucky Basketball. Tennessee is happy with being mediocre, we should give all of our Vols ribbons for attending! Thanks for participating Vols!

Reactions: 5 people
Holly is a really good person and gives her all for Tennessee Lady Vol Basketball. She must understand though the pressure everyone is under players especially and it will be the same next year great new recruits trying to play to prove Holly is a great coach playing with same pressure. This is why change has to be made fresh coach new ideas but same Lady Vol Program wit all its history.

Reactions: 3 people
Realistically, Holly's job isn't in jeopardy this year or next. She's bringing in the #1 class and the LVs are going to have McD's AAs at every position and deep into the bench. The solution is going to have to be a workaround-- change some assistants or bring in consultants for a fresh perspective, get former players involved, develop player leadership, etc. Productive changes are needed, but finding people who can compensate for Holly's weaknesses is more viable than replacing the HC.

Tonite I became worried about her because she stood with both hands on her hips so long that I thought she had turned into a statue.

Tonite I became worried about her because she stood with both hands on her hips so long that I thought she had turned into a statue.

You must not watch many LV games. Holly ALWAYS stands on the sidelines with her hands on her hips. :thud:

Reactions: 2 people
Realistically, Holly's job isn't in jeopardy this year or next. She's bringing in the #1 class and the LVs are going to have McD's AAs at every position and deep into the bench. The solution is going to have to be a workaround-- change some assistants or bring in consultants for a fresh perspective, get former players involved, develop player leadership, etc. Productive changes are needed, but finding people who can compensate for Holly's weaknesses is more viable than replacing the HC.

a bad head coach. That would be foolish and a waste of time. I suppose if you brought in a top coach, made him/her an assistant and Hart told him/her to effectively run the team and then be made head coach in a year (while telling Warlick to stand on the sideline and scratch her head and fold her arms), you might have something--but I'm kidding...There is nothing you can do to compensate for a bad head coach but get a new one--something we should have done after year two, and what is this--year 5? Sad. Warlick has been Hart's biggest mistake...actually, two mistakes because he gave her an extension, which was REALLY stupid.

Reactions: 4 people
gee...never heard that before...I should get out more often...and,

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

a bad head coach. That would be foolish and a waste of time. I suppose if you brought in a top coach, made him/her an assistant and Hart told him/her to effectively run the team and then be made head coach in a year (while telling Warlick to stand on the sideline and scratch her head and fold her arms), you might have something--but I'm kidding...There is nothing you can do to compensate for a bad head coach but get a new one--something we should have done after year two, and what is this--year 5? Sad. Warlick has been Hart's biggest mistake...actually, two mistakes because he gave her an extension, which was REALLY stupid.

Sad to say, UTAD is not exactly in top form right now and Holly is way down the priority list. They're not firing her... and she's not going to morph into a different coach. She's who she is, she's here and she's staying for a while. They can either find a creative way to try and compensate for the deficiencies or we can expect more of the same. The situation is far from ideal.

However, she is a horrible coach. She needs to be fired 1 year ago. The longer she remains head coach, the more embarrassing our program becomes. It's super sad that those on top at UT have no desire to be winners and be competitive in all sports. I am starting to understand why I see so many Tennesseeans put their money in Alabama Football or Kentucky Basketball. Tennessee is happy with being mediocre, we should give all of our Vols ribbons for attending! Thanks for participating Vols!

So, who's going to fire her--Hart? He couldn't give a rat's arse what happens at UT now. See what the idiots have wrought who are in control of our great university now?

Look at Alabama (ugh!) or any other university and how they handle transition (Bill Battle). How embarassing!

The lady just can't coach. Anybody could recruit to our school--for now, because of what Pat left. Not much longer, though.

gee...never heard that before...I should get out more often...and,

GO HOLLY AND GO LADY VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And right on time it's Holly's #1 fan. You are so blindly loyal and can't see the problem that I don't know if I should feel sorry for you or just chalk it up to ignorance. But I do agree with your GO HOLLY!! statement, she should definitely go.

Reactions: 7 people
Holly is a really good person and gives her all for Tennessee Lady Vol Basketball. She must understand though the pressure everyone is under players especially and it will be the same next year great new recruits trying to play to prove Holly is a great coach playing with same pressure. This is why change has to be made fresh coach new ideas but same Lady Vol Program wit all its history.

Everybody has pressure to win, but when you lack consistency consistently it is a reflection of coaching. Our players lack the game in game out intensity, and it is glaring. Good players thrive under the pressure, playing good fundamental basketball and playing with intensity is something that should be in every team even when the shots aren't falling. I hate it for Holly but she has yet to coach a team that demonstrated much of any consistency or intensity. GBO!!!

No matter how sad this team becomes, Holly will be the HC next year. Sad, but she is not on the hot seat. Many women teams are allowed to die because most colleges and universities only give a damn about the men's basketball teams. Just think if a men's basketball coach at Duke, North Carolina, or Kentucky, succeeded a successful coach, and failed to recruit a single soul in a particular year, they would not only be on the hot seat,and his team were playing like the Lady Vols, they would be fired. A Lot of fans think you are not a Lady Vol fan because you question Holly's coaching style, just maybe those individuals are too much of a Holly fan to see that this team is in decay.

Coaches don't know what "Tennessee Basketball" is, and how to recruit for it. EG a player like Kia Nurse(UCONN) would be unrecruited. And,so the team goes...

:eek:lol:I was in favor of Phil Fulmer to become AD...not anymore as he would not have the guts to fire Warlick.:eek:lol:

Reactions: 1 person
I think we are seeing the results of a stupid decision to combine the men's and women's athletic departments. With football and men's basketball being the overwhelmingly dominant products of the department, who in the school administration, now, really gives a crap about women's basketball? The decision to combine the departments probably resulted in false economies, because LV basketball is going to lose a ton of revenue. The decision to combine the two departments may rival in stupidity Vandy decision to have no athletic department at all. I have already stopped watching. An occasional, meaningful victory doesn't make it bearable.

I think we are seeing the results of a stupid decision to combine the men's and women's athletic departments. With football and men's basketball being the overwhelmingly dominant products of the department, who in the school administration, now, really gives a crap about women's basketball? The decision to combine the departments probably resulted in false economies, because LV basketball is going to lose a ton of revenue. The decision to combine the two departments may rival in stupidity Vandy decision to have no athletic department at all. I have already stopped watching. An occasional, meaningful victory doesn't make it bearable.

What on earth does it have to do with combining the AD? Literally every other team we play has a combined AD.

Yea, that's it.

There's no way you can seriously thing that's why

LOL...someone get some axle grease and get her to move one arm up slightly and place a torch in it...Lady Liberty! I have a new name for her after watching her post game presser...Holly "I don't have an answer" Warlick! Sad times for a team talented enough to have only one or two losses...

Warlick DOES need to stop wearing those Square Dance shirts. Once in a while, OK, but not every game....Holly is pretty funny when the team is falling apart and she just stands on the sideline with either her hands on her hips or her arms folded. She just doesn't have it--which was very evident four years ago. And the beat goes on....

Holly is pretty funny when the team is falling apart and she just stands on the sideline with either her hands on her hips or her arms folded. She just doesn't have it--which was very evident four years ago. And the beat goes on....

There was one timeout in the 2nd quarter during AU's run where Holly called time out, walked out onto the court, and yelled, "******mit!" pretty passionately. That's a start, but I do wonder what she said to them during that timeout, because the avalanche continued.

During her presser, she called out the fact that they kept dribbling along the sideline when the trap came and forced a turnover. Jordan in particular kept doing that. If she knew that was a problem, did she tell them? Did she get in Jordan or Alexa's face and tell them to cut that sh!t out?

I just wonder if she gets mad and curses, or does she actually get in players' faces and point out exactly what they're doing wrong and what they need to do to fix it.

Fire her after winning the SEC championship? How about passing around some of what you're smoking. We could use it after this crappy game.

I understand what you are saying, however, how has she attracted the no. 1 class with what her teams have shown to date. Granted they have played tourney ball fairly well. But what about the rest of the season, just don't see how the "best" kids ignore this mess. What has attracted them to UT. Just UT and our history?

VN Store

Back