Absolutely embarrassing performance

CHW shouldn't be allowed on the plane after this one. Utterly pathetic.

I did not make comment after the ND game because I knew better. The bottom line she did nothing in that game, our offense had no plays other that to dribble down the clock. We were hitting well that night and the girls just decided that they were going to win it without a coach. The game tonight proves my point, and I did not realize that we could sink so low. I won't watching the post interview. I have seen the head scratching after every question and the same answer for 4 years. They worked harder than we did. They wanted it more than we did. They were quick shooting. I don't know. The biggest problem that I have is that she can't be that stupid after working for Pat all those years, and how she can allow herself to bring our program down. There isn't a team in the SEC that doesn't look forward to playing against us.
So Sorry she is being allowed to do this to a once premier program.

Reactions: 9 people
From UT:

The UT administration will look into the women's Lady Vol basketball program in 4-5 years. At that point, the UT administration will hire a collaborative group that will study the Lady Vols basketball program in order to determine whether another committee should be formed to initiate the firing process of the current Lady Vols basketball coach. If the designated group decides to fire the current Lady Vols basketball coach, another committee will be formed to ensure a smooth transition of said basketball coach and current players. In addition, another committee will be formed to determine the most appropriate search committee for the future Lady Vols basketball coach. After an intensive 6-8 month search the Lady Vols will designate the 10th best option for basketball coach after the current boosters no longer feel like arguing about said candidate, and will offer said candidate to a 15 year deal with a 50 million dollar buyout. The UT administration appreciates your support of UT athletics, and looks forward to another 20 years of mediocre athletics at the University of Tennessee. Go Vols?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people
I did not make comment after the ND game because I knew better. The bottom line she did nothing in that game, our offense had no plays other that to dribble down the clock. We were hitting well that night and the girls just decided that they were going to win it without a coach. The game tonight proves my point, and I did not realize that we could sink so low. I won't watching the post interview. I have seen the head scratching after every question and the same answer for 4 years. They worked harder than we did. They wanted it more than we did. They were quick shooting. I don't know. The biggest problem that I have is that she can't be that stupid after working for Pat all those years, and how she can allow herself to bring our program down. There isn't a team in the SEC that doesn't look forward to playing against us.
So Sorry she is being allowed to do this to a once premier program.

Yes you summed it up to a 'T' no pun intended.
That Notre Dame game was fools gold. Holly didn't coach them into that win.

Holly's celebration in front of the camera said it all. Hands raised and a big ole smile as if they just won a National Championship. She was so elated with that win because she didn't have to answer with a loss on such a special day for Coach Summitt with Kara and Candace in the house too.

Back to normal LV fans. Holly had y'all fooled but not me.

ND game was clearly a fluke.

Or a matchup issue. Auburn plays a very different style of defense with their full court press and relentless trapping. McKay is also difficult to defend when she's on like she was tonight.

I kind of expected them to lose tonight because I've seen enough of Auburn's games to know that they would be trouble.

Not to take away from Tennessee's win vs. ND, but they did play really, really well to win that game. That's what they're capable of, but tonight is more what their daily average is.

Reactions: 3 people
Calling this an embarrassment is an understatement. This was bad all the way around, bad coaching, bad playing, bad match up, bad desire, bad effort, etc. Their guards might not have been 5 stars but they made our guards look like negative one stars. We say wait until next year, but we will have the same upper class stars that are suppose to serve as mentors for the highly taunted freshman coming in, for that to happen we need a real change in attitude.

Reactions: 1 person
The 1st 8 minutes of this game they played as well as they can and looked terrific .Then Holly made three substitutions and including Middleton whose man promptly dribbled around her for an easy layup and it was all down hill for Auburn after that.

I am really interested in what the Holly supporters (no matter what) analysis of what happened in this game coaching wise was and if they believe that Holly did a good ,average ,fair,bad ,or just plain horrible .

Players ,it looked to me like they just gave up the ghost about 4 minutes into the 3rd qtr.They were not defending,rebounding,shooting or passing worth a flip and looked like they just did not care.Why do you folks think that happened ?

This is not on the coaches in my opinion. This was all about heart and not playing like a freshman when you get pressured. A minimum of three times Jordan threw the ball right to an Auburn player when being double teamed. Half of them can't even dribble the ball. I would march them straight to the bus. No interviews, no showers, no change of clothes. Straight home and not a peep from anybody.

Reactions: 4 people
Too little pride, not enough want. The only resemblance between this team and Pat's LVs is the name on the jersey.

Reactions: 2 people
You didn't have to be in the locker room to see there was no adjustment made with the press. The point guard was stranded almost all night in the backcourt with the ball, while everyone else ran to the front court and didn't come back to catch the ball.

I beg to differ. She saw her team was having problems with the press in the 2nd quarter, and didn't do anything to fix that during halftime and beyond.
They were coached. They can't make a pass on target to save their life. People that think they weren't coached on how to break the press are fooling themselves. This team has a bunch of mentally weak girls and they panic. The team just didn't bring it tonight. They were coached well enough to get a 17 point lead in no time flat. What happened. Did the staff quit coaching or did the team go brain dead and start doing stupid stuff. Timeouts were called to correct the problem and Lex turns it over first thing. I still say this wasn't on the coaches.

Reactions: 5 people
Were you in the locker room for the speech or no?

Well, it's pretty obvious that whatever she said didn't work and in fact they got even worse in the second half. Maybe that's effective coaching in your eyes, but that is abject. failure. by any other standard.

Reactions: 4 people
You didn't have to be in the locker room to see there was no adjustment made with the press. The point guard was stranded almost all night in the backcourt with the ball, while everyone else ran to the front court and didn't come back to catch the ball.
The point guard was stranded because she was dumb enough to pick up her dribble. The majority of the time there were at least 2 people in the backcourt.

The 1st 8 minutes of this game they played as well as they can and looked terrific .Then Holly made three substitutions and including Middleton whose man promptly dribbled around her for an easy layup and it was all down hill for Auburn after that.

I am really interested in what the Holly supporters (no matter what) analysis of what happened in this game coaching wise was and if they believe that Holly did a good ,average ,fair,bad ,or just plain horrible .

Players ,it looked to me like they just gave up the ghost about 4 minutes into the 3rd qtr.They were not defending,rebounding,shooting or passing worth a flip and looked like they just did not care.Why do you folks think that happened ?
You hit the nail on the head a few days ago when you said they had only 1 (SEC) win on the road. They will be hard pressed to win any future SEC games on the road playing like this. It starts with coaching...and it ends with coaching! This team is as fragile mentally as any team I have ever seen wear the Orange. Most prospects show up at Tennessee with physical toughness, or lack thereof, which can take 3-4 years to improve through weight training, etc. But few recruits show up with mental toughness necessary to compete successfully and win games in
SEC play. That mental toughness, discipline has to be addressed immediately in year one by the head coach to create a winning culture. The mental toughness has never been cultivated in this team by the coaching staff, hence all the turnovers, half hearted effort on defense, etc. Pat was ALWAYS addressing composure, mental toughness with her players

This game wasn't coaching.

Why do some of us refuse to blame the coaching staff? This game was a lot on the players and the coaches. Substitutions created bad match ups. Poor Middleton couldn't cover her butt with both hands. Our coaches have not shown the ability to make in game changes when things start to go South. When players start showing lack of effort and start standing around, the coaches seem to lack the ability to create a change in attitude. The animals seem to be running the zoo, while the zoo keeper seems to be clueless. In most cases it just seems like a lack of buyin in whatever the coaches are trying to get done. At best this is an inconsistent mess.

I will try and be the reason behind all comments. One we are short on players especially point guard. Tea injury has really hurt this team bad. Two the players we have are what they are turnover machine that most coaches cant fix and no basketball IQ, none. Holly is very average Coach who does her best. Third and why there needs to be a new coach hired is the pressure to succeed these players play with trying to help Holly keep her job and all the negativity out there. To much so the game is just not fun for them. They should be loving playing this game and playing free to your skill.

VN Store

Back