Cedes and Diamond...

Grahamland

How possible do we think it is that Cedes stays for one more year and Diamond goes WNBA or vice versa? I was looking at some WNBA mock drafts and Cedes wasn't in the first round. They didn't have a second round for me to look at it. Diamond was pretty consistent as the 1st pick or the 2nd pick.

or do we think that if one goes both go?

How possible do we think it is that Cedes stays for one more year and Diamond goes WNBA or vice versa? I was looking at some WNBA mock drafts and Cedes wasn't in the first round. They didn't have a second round for me to look at it. Diamond was pretty consistent as the 1st pick or the 2nd pick.

or do we think that if one goes both go?

If one dose come back I hope it Mercedes Russell, but hoping both. I have not seen any mock drafts.

Last edited:
I am one to think that both come back but I have no insider information and I do not think they even know right now. If they are having fun and loving it they will.

I am one to think that both come back but I have no insider information and I do not think they even know right now. If they are having fun and loving it they will.

DD has won on every level, like Maya did. Except in college..With our incoming class, and a forwardly progressing season this year,,,, Both may WANT a shot at a title before they graduate into life.

Reactions: 1 person
I think both will decide based on how the season plays out. Russell is more likely to come back no matter what but I think if we happen to make it to a final four, Diamond will feel as if she got us back to the promise land and with the new class coming in, we'd be in good hands, but the chance to play with T'ea and Green (along with the freshman class) will also be too much to pass up, so again it depends on how the season plays out

DD has won on every level, like Maya did. Except in college..With our incoming class, and a forwardly progressing season this year,,,, Both may WANT a shot at a title before they graduate into life.

I hope both stay, however, it would be nice for one of these ladies to develop into a leader on the floor. I think that with what we have coming in, this team will have unlimited potential, but they need upper class floor leadership to set the tone on the floor. Floor leadership is lacking on this team. That I do not see as an issue which rest completely on coaching, no one seems to want the leadership role. I find that strange in Diamond, because as a freshman she seem to have that asset. We also lack that one player that can take over a game. I think Diamond, Nard and Russell have that ability but seldom show it on a consistent basis. I hope the ND win gives this team the backbone to finish the season in a fashion that reflect the talent on this team.

Reactions: 1 person

I agree...with what is coming in!!! And Tea plus Green! They just might have a shot???👏
She does not need the money (she is driving a new car...birthday gift from brother. I have felt all along that some good players would be the only way she would stay and try to win N.C. 🙏

It's pure speculation, no one knows yet. We shall see.

Bingo! It might be nice to just get through this season.

But my advice would be to enjoy watching these two play in a LV uniform because there is no guarantee that stay for a fifth year senior season.

Last edited:
I hope both stay, however, it would be nice for one of these ladies to develop into a leader on the floor. I think that with what we have coming in, this team will have unlimited potential, but they need upper class floor leadership to set the tone on the floor. Floor leadership is lacking on this team. That I do not see as an issue which rest completely on coaching, no one seems to want the leadership role. I find that strange in Diamond, because as a freshman she seem to have that asset. We also lack that one player that can take over a game. I think Diamond, Nard and Russell have that ability but seldom show it on a consistent basis. I hope the ND win gives this team the backbone to finish the season in a fashion that reflect the talent on this team.

They have talent-level floor leader in DD, but I have yet to see a true floor leader in this group.

DD is seemingly maturing at a faster rate this year. Less theatrics and more consistency and effort. Yes in that way she is definitely leading.

But that one player (The proverbial "Ball of Fire" player) on the floor that emotionally, verbally and visibly can lead the ones in action in game...Nope, haven't seen it yet. Or, at least, it hasn't been brought out of anyone yet.

But this makes sense. Until an eruption from Dean this last game, I hadn't seen it from the staff either......Teams take on the personality(s) of it's coaches.

Reactions: 2 people
They have talent-level floor leader in DD, but I have yet to see a true floor leader in this group.

DD is seemingly maturing at a faster rate this year. Less theatrics and more consistency and effort. Yes in that way she is definitely leading.

But that one player (The proverbial "Ball of Fire" player) on the floor that emotionally, verbally and visibly can lead the ones in action in game...Nope, haven't seen it yet. Or, at least, it hasn't been brought out of anyone yet.

But this makes sense. Until an eruption from Dean this last game, I hadn't seen it from the staff either......Teams take on the personality(s) of it's coaches.

I think that player is Nunn and if she is only allowed more time to play we could be a totally different team. The ladies seem to truly feed off of her (Diamond as well) but Nunn does the little things that forces everyone else to step their game up.

VN Store

Back