Jordan Reynolds.....

alexvol

I thought Jordan Reynolds had the 3rd best game of her career last nite and was the difference maker in the game.And.I thought I would never say such an outlandish thing because I have been a very harsh critic these last 4 years.

She acted as a true point guard and also was a scorer when it needed the most.Just look at what happened when Middleton was brought into the game in the 2nd qtr and I rest my case .

Reactions: 6 people
I'm not sure I'd say myself that Jordan was THE difference maker, but she certainly made a huge difference and played with tremendous poise and focus when Holly needed her most to find it. This game's best memory for me will be that there were several difference-makers in it. There were so many clutch plays by so many players after they regained focus following Notre Dame's dominating run that it's all a beautiful blur.

Reactions: 2 people
I thought Jordan Reynolds had the 3rd best game of her career last nite and was the difference maker in the game.And.I thought I would never say such an outlandish thing because I have been a very harsh critic these last 4 years.

She acted as a true point guard and also was a scorer when it needed the most.Just look at what happened when Middleton was brought into the game in the 2nd qtr and I rest my case .

Jordan had an excellent game last night for sure. She has been a pretty good roll since the Stanford game.

I honestly think this was the biggest gut check i have ever seen from this current team. Down 15 they looked beat. Then suddenly something happened. They picked up their defensive effort and started making some shots. The body language looked like a caliber of team we have come to know and love. So to put this game on one player im not so sure

I honestly think this was the biggest gut check i have ever seen from this current team. Down 15 they looked beat. Then suddenly something happened. They picked up their defensive effort and started making some shots. The body language looked like a caliber of team we have come to know and love. So to put this game on one player im not so sure

I confess, I really thought the game was over; the LVs turnaround was remarkable.

I think with it being Pat's night and Candace in the house, some LV pride finally kicked in.

I hope they can keep that feeling alive for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 5 people
I was at the game and I thought she did a great job setting the tone -- getiing us out to an 11-2 lead.

She must be an offensive threat for the team to succeed because the defenses consistently give her that open jumper near the free throw line. She did amazing to elevate and knock it down!

We need you Reynolds!

Reactions: 5 people
I confess, I really thought the game was over; the LVs turnaround was remarkable.

I think with it being Pat's night and Candace in the house, some LV pride finally kicked in.

Madtownvol, please give me your analysis of why ND scored 7 points only in the fourth quarter.

Madtownvol, please give me your analysis of why ND scored 7 points only in the fourth quarter.

Not madtown but I will take a shot .The Lady Vols as a team really picked up the effort on defense and their quickness and energy proved to be the difference imo.Plus Notre Dame appeared to tire and seemed somewhat shell shocked that their back door offense was not working as it did in 2nd and 3rd quarters.All Lady Vol defenders kept their woman in front of them and contested every shot.

Reactions: 1 person
Not madtown but I will take a shot .The Lady Vols as a team really picked up the effort on defense and their quickness and energy proved to be the difference imo.Plus Notre Dame appeared to tire and seemed somewhat shell shocked that their back door offense was not working as it did in 2nd and 3rd quarters.All Lady Vol defenders kept their woman in front of them and contested every shot.

Thanks, alexvol.

I agree with that assessment. The LVs shut down the easy baskets and pt ND in a scamble mode offensively. The series of plays where Diamond just attacked their defense also put ND on their back heels; they stopped pressuring us out of fear of getting beat off the dribble. And that made it a lot easier for the Lvs to run their half court sets.

I also think ND cracked a bit under the pressure, somewhat like the LVs did against Ole Miss. They missed several shots of the type they had been making in the 1st half.

ND will learn from this game as I think the LVs did.

Reactions: 1 person
Our games that we have been successful at ... we've had really good guard play. I like what CHW said, "Reynolds is a 15 foot shooter, and I didn't like the 3 she shot." Reynolds is at her best when she is pushing tempo and attacking, not settling (and the team as well)

She has been a very good player for us as far as running the team and not turning the ball over. She has never been a good shooter but she knows how to hit that eight to ten footer when she is aggressive and can get to the rim when she makes the effort. She should never shoot a three and she should go harder to the boards in more games than she does but overall she has been an excellent player for the Lady Vols these past four years.

Down 15 i thought so to. I even stopped the dvr so i wouldnt record another embarrassing loss.

Nunn's play was outstanding down the stretch. She really hustled on rebounds and put backs. I was happy to see her being aggressive. On one play she fought until she secured the rebound. I loved her show of emotion.

Last edited:
Jordan's gotten a lot of heat on this board for not scoring more all season, but she's been a very steady player and takes care of the ball for us. She's been in the top 10 in the nation in A/TO ratio for most of the season, currently at #15.

Reactions: 3 people
Jordan covered any slack Jamie had on a off night. One of those 2 have to have a good game for us to contend. I have been one to question DD but when she took over the game there for about 3 or 4 minutes both on offense and defense she set the tone for the rest of the team. As far TOs go I only remember 3 I think that were of the BS variety. MD did her thing the first quarter or so and kind of disappeared again. Nunn coming in and giving us solid play is a blessing. Meme hits the big three but offensively not much else and defense average at best. She did have a terrible turn over when the girl just took the ball away from her. Middleton I am baffled at her. Many on here said Holly out coached Muffett which I am not sure about that but Hollys team did win so that is most important. I do think Muffett held Turner out too long as well. For the first time that I have saw Holly got on here stool and got input from all the staff which was encouraging to me. I think to end my thoughts I will say 1 or 2 more quality wins and no bad loses we make the tournament. I did not think so 2 weeks ago so I am hoping JMHO!

I LOVE THIS THREAD!

It's A Happy Thread.

About time, too:). I was in misery talking about Holly all the time.

GOLadyVols!

VN Store

Back