It's all mental

LVJeff

This victory indicates more strongly than anything else to me that the LV's player problems are mostly mental. What is lacking has been a strong, consistent, and sustained disciplined mental and emotional approach to each practice and each game.

They've now beaten two very good teams at TBA - Stanford and ND. Stanford I know is down, but not that much. ND I don't know about, but the LV's need to show that beating these teams wasn't a fluke. Thus, the mental approach. Let's see what they do with this victory.

Reactions: 1 person
Consistency as well. The main thing was tonight, they hit their open jumpers. They haven't done that against the better teams all season.

As good as a win as this is, I'm hoping they keep things moving forward against Auburn. That is a classic trap game.

To paraphrase Yogi Berra, "Basketball is 90% mental. The other half is physical."

Reactions: 2 people
This game showed how much potential we have, and what a chronic underachieving team we are. The difference was that we shot well (45%) tonight whereas we ususually shoot very poorly. Also played better d in 2H, holding ND to 25 pts (7 in 4th) after 44 point 1H.

Yes it is mental. Things would sure be a lot easier if the staff could somehow get Alexa out of her funk. She's now 1-23 since the start of SEC play. The starters need some help from the bench.

They dug down deep for this one. I was concerned about the 4th quarter but they had enough in the tank to mount a great comeback. Great win!!!!!!!!!!!!

They definitely gave a high intensity effort in the 2nd half, particularly on the defensive end. In that respect, this game reminded me of KY where they took control by playing some shut down defense.

And like KY, it was Diamond who provided the necessary lift, when the chips were down.

But, Meme making a clutch 3 and then Nared's winner are the kind of shots the LVs have not been making this season. If Meme does not nail that three, we would have 4000 new threads about how Holly needs to be fired.

Reactions: 4 people
I can only imagine the contortions Warlick goes through trying to punch this team's buttons. They have some good talent, albeit with some missing pieces and a short bench, but their biggest struggle the past few years has been bringing that killer mentality. I hope they continue to play as they did tonight.

Reactions: 3 people
The team is a rollercoaster of different effort levels. If they played with the effort they gave in the fourth quarter last night we'd be a top ten team. They really decided to play with maximum effort held Notre Dame to 7 points and turned their 7 rebound lead into a plus five for us. We had to make some timely shots and did but the effort on defense from the first quarter to the fourth was like night and day.

VN Store

Back