Shaquilla Nunn should be player of the game

Really, once again, DeShields is passed over for player of the game. Because Holly doesn't like her fast, quick, go for it play, she gets passed over every time. Look at the film. When did the game change? WhenDeSheields quit throwing the ball around in the Lady Vol circle and went for the basket. Time to get real.

Reactions: 1 person
Amen! Amen! I know that Holly thinks she needs her to give Russell breaks, but if they can be out there together and get a little high low action going. I like our chances much better.
Nunn wanted the ball, and went and got it. She didn't wait for it to just come to her. Way to go, all the Lady Vols tonight!

Reactions: 1 person
Really, once again, DeShields is passed over for player of the game. Because Holly doesn't like her fast, quick, go for it play, she gets passed over every time. Look at the film. When did the game change? WhenDeSheields quit throwing the ball around in the Lady Vol circle and went for the basket. Time to get real.

In a way you are correct, but that is what she should be doing all the time. Not just one game a month. Nunn's contribution was unexpected and came at a pivotal point in the game. Without her clutch rebounds and baskets we lose regardless.

Reactions: 3 people
Seriously guys? Arguing about who made clutch shots? You are completely missing why we won the game! We held the #5 team in the nation to 7pts in 4th quarter! That is THE reason and ONLY reason we won! You can argue who made more clutch shots but JN or DD both shot horrendous for the game.

Reactions: 4 people
Nunn and Russell playing together tonight won that game. I was concerned when she took her out with 2 mins. left in game. Desheilds can take over a game if she wants to on both sides of the court. These girls are good enough to beat anyone. When they play hard. It is they just dont play hard all the time.

Nunn and Russell playing together tonight won that game. I was concerned when she took her out with 2 mins. left in game. Desheilds can take over a game if she wants to on both sides of the court. These girls are good enough to beat anyone. When they play hard. It is they just dont play hard all the time.

I looooove when Cedes and Qui are in at the same time!!!! 💙🍊🏀💙🍊🏀💙🍊🏀💙

Holly does not pick player of the game. Doc and his asst. do.

Qui forces Russell to up her game which is why i have been demanding that Holly plays her more. No knock on Russell but when she gets tired she begins to play really lazy and it hurts us (not rebounding or attempting to block shots)! Qui is vital to our success and the more she plays the better we become! I hope Holly sees this! I would love for her to start but even if she doesn't she should atleast get more minutes than middleton imo

Nunn, DD and Russell open in up for points in the paint when in together.

They are also a better rebounding team. When Nunn came in, she basically shut down ND's offensive rebounding. She didn't have to get the ball, but she does such a good job boxing out.

Like others have said, I hope that she sees more minutes. When they play Nunn and Russell in the post together, that makes them more difficult to rebound against and Nunn provides better help defense in the paint than Nared does because she's physically more imposing.

It's a good problem for Tennessee when there are 4 players (Qui, Diamond, Jordan, Jaime) that have a strong case for POG in a matchup against the #6 team.:p

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back