This team and Holly

LVJeff

This team and Holly needed something nice to happen to them. Congratulations on a big, big victory.

Reactions: 16 people
Agreed. Keep working hard on practice floor and you will improve. Moving forward Holly has to get some more minuets from Dunbar. She is a player who needs to know she will get her minuets so that she can build her confidence. we will need her down the stretch of the season. Great shooting from MeMe (go Blackman)

Reactions: 1 person
Agreed. Keep working hard on practice floor and you will improve. Moving forward Holly has to get some more minuets from Dunbar. She is a player who needs to know she will get her minuets so that she can build her confidence. we will need her down the stretch of the season. Great shooting from MeMe (go Blackman)

If she had gotten any more minutes than she got tonight, we would have lost. She takes up a place on the floor. nooooooooooooooo defense

Why? She did literally nothing in the game tonight. She struggles to get open with out the ball and can't create her own shot.

It would be nice if she could contribute, at least to increase the rotation, but she hasn't shown anything in her limited action thus far to suggest she needs more minutes.

Reactions: 3 people

She put in some decent minutes.

A good role for her, since she has the body, is against a physical guard like tonight.

Very nice win for the team as a whole. As someone mentioned in the post game presser, this is something they can build on.

She hits 2 threes and that's great shooting? Oh lawd. I still want Holly gone. One win doesn't make a season.

Reactions: 2 people
you "fans" cutting Kortney's effort last night to shreds are truly ignorant.

Go watch the replay.

Reactions: 8 people
Both she and especially Nunn contributed as they should to a much needed team win.

After reviewing the game again, I apologize to DD and MR for ripping their defensive efforts. Russell coming out to the ft line and letting her girl go straight to the basket unheeded needs to be cleared up though.

There were several positives about this huge win, but one thing that I really love a lot is the fact that Notre Dame's guards, despite being more skilled and much quicker, didn't end up having career nights.

They played well and beat our players on the dribble-attack many times, but they didn't crush us. Somehow our team held it together down the stretch. I love that.

congrats to holly and the team on this huge huge win. If Tennessee can somehow manage to break the top 16 and host the first 2 rounds of the ncaa tournament, it would be a huge rebound from the wild inconsistencies we have seen from this team up to the ND win. I mean who would have though this team would beat ND after the embarrassing loss to Ole Miss? Maybe they can keep this up and win the games they should win and at least be competitive against USC and MISS ST. Who knows, this team could stumble their way into a number one seed if they can win out

you "fans" cutting Kortney's effort last night to shreds are truly ignorant.

Go watch the replay.

I second this and it pisses me off to no end! Kort played good minutes and did not let anybody score. She is a team player and if someone can get it done better, she will never complain about not playing.

Just watch her reaction to the win last night...no one was more jubilant for her team. She chest bumped someone so hard (maybe Jordan) that she (KD) went down! I loved it! The crowd LOVES Kortney - she always gets loud cheers when she comes into the game and it cracks me up that the crowd will sometimes boo when they take her out!

Love KD and so proud of her effort last night! Some of you people need to learn how to uplift our players instead of tearing them down. I would say they are just haters, but no way they can know this young woman and hate her - she is good people! Always kind, always willing to stop and talk to the little ones and take a picture with them...always all Lady Vol.

Stepping down off my soap box now and gonna go kick something!

GO LADY VOLS AND GO KORT!!!!

She has a great speaking voice too, though the one extended interview I heard her do once with M Dearstone was so full of "you knows" that I almost screamed... lol

She has a great speaking voice too, though the one extended interview I heard her do once with M Dearstone was so full of "you knows" that I almost screamed... lol

Haha I know what you mean about the "you knows." KD does speak very well and she has that cool husky voice. Love her!

Just not a puppy!!

We love Kort too. And gule is right, she helped the team last night...on court and off:).

And, gule, I wore a white hat last night (just not my hat that someone took to Florida:no:) and waved to you. Hope you saw me; I was in the orange We Back Pat shirt.

CoachJ is getting a white hat, but TO is causing problems...he refuses to give up his orange cap...just 'cause Pat signed it:rock2:.

I second this and it pisses me off to no end! Kort played good minutes and did not let anybody score. She is a team player and if someone can get it done better, she will never complain about not playing.

Just watch her reaction to the win last night...no one was more jubilant for her team. She chest bumped someone so hard (maybe Jordan) that she (KD) went down! I loved it! The crowd LOVES Kortney - she always gets loud cheers when she comes into the game and it cracks me up that the crowd will sometimes boo when they take her out!

Love KD and so proud of her effort last night! Some of you people need to learn how to uplift our players instead of tearing them down. I would say they are just haters, but no way they can know this young woman and hate her - she is good people! Always kind, always willing to stop and talk to the little ones and take a picture with them...always all Lady Vol.

I have been hard, not unfair, but hard on Kortney because she seemingly had a one-trick pony of a game. 3-pt shooter, from anywhere within 10 ft of the arc. . . .But she showed me something as well last night.

I was there, she played their big-physical guard better than most of them. She actually has quicker feet than Shaquilla does and may be as powerful. I have never see her play low post as a position on defense. I am thinking she and Shaq can combine as a low-post tandem to give Cedes a breather.

It is certainly worth a try.

Just not a puppy!!

We love Kort too. And gule is right, she helped the team last night...on court and off:).

And, gule, I wore a white hat last night (just not my hat that someone took to Florida:no:) and waved to you. Hope you saw me; I was in the orange We Back Pat shirt.

CoachJ is getting a white hat, but TO is causing problems...he refuses to give up his orange cap...just 'cause Pat signed it:rock2:.

I am thinking a white Fedora.
Can't seem to pull the cowboy thing off.

I have been hard, not unfair, but hard on Kortney because she seemingly had a one-trick pony of a game. 3-pt shooter, from anywhere within 10 ft of the arc. . . .But she showed me something as well last night.

I was there, she played their big-physical guard better than most of them. She actually has quicker feet than Shaquilla does and may be as powerful. I have never see her play low post as a position on defense. I am thinking she and Shaq can combine as a low-post tandem to give Cedes a breather.

It is certainly worth a try.

Yes. One of the problems KD has had is that the team has wanted to use her a zone-busting perimeter player. The dilemmas are that 1) her shooting % from behind the arc is not that great and 2) that forces her to match up against quicker guards.

She really is better suited to playing more of a power forward role. She needs to work on her post up game. She could potentially have a Sid Spencer impact who did damage down low but could pop up for a 3 pointer when needed.

Spencer was a better athlete but Dunbar looks like she might be stronger and better able to match up better against post players.

Last edited:
Just not a puppy!!

No, no SV - NEVER a puppy!!!!

VN Store

Back