WBB Signees

Orange_Mamba

Decided to make a thread to update you guys on how the girls are doing so far this season.
*TPG=Turnovers Per Game
* Westbrooks rebs, ast, and stls, are through 12 games

Anastasia Hayes
- Avg: 20.2
- Rebs: 4.5
- Ast: 4.2
- Stl: 3.7
- TPG: 1.8
- Ast/TO: 2.36
- FG: 53%, 3pt: 30%, FT: 68%
- Team is ranked #3 in the nation (15-0,6-0)
- McDonalds All-American
- Naismith Top 25 finalist

Kasi Kushkituah
- Avg: 13.2
- Rebs: 8.9
- Ast: 1.3
- Stl: 0.8
- Blk: 1.8
- TPG: 1.4
- Ast/TO: 0.95
- FG: 65% FT: 36%
- McDonald's All-American Nominee
- Supassed 1,000pts
- Team record: (13-4,6-0)

Evina Westbrook
- Avg:24.5
- Rebs: 7.7
- Ast: 6.5
- Stl:5.5
- McDonald's All American
- Team Record (12-3,5-0)

Rennia Davis
- Avg: 26.2
- Rebs: 9.9
- Ast: 3.7
- Stl: 3
- TPG: 1.9
- Ast/TO: 1.95
- FG: 64% 3pt: 40% FT: 77%
- Supassed 2,000pts
- Team Record (18-3,6-0)
- Potential McDonald's All American
- Naismith 25 finalist

Reactions: 15 people
Decided to make a thread to update you guys on how the girls are doing so far this season.
*TPG=Turnovers Per Game

Anastasia Hayes
- McDonalds All-American

Kasi Kushkituah
- Supassed 1,000pts

Evina Westbrook
- Team Record (12-3,5-0)

Rennia Davis
- Supassed 2,000pts
- Team Record (18-3,6-0)
- Naismith 25 finalist

Great job!!

Reactions: 2 people
I personally know Anastacia. She will bring it. The others will as well. These kids just bought Holly another 2-3 years.

they just smoked Norcross I believe, RHS is deep too, and she has 3 sisters that have major talent

I personally know Anastacia. She will bring it. The others will as well. These kids just bought Holly another 2-3 years.

That guarantee should only be available if she proves that she knows how to coach them. The 5 stars we have were great when they got to Tennessee, however, they are falling way short of their high school acclaim. Nothing happening to this present crop of 5 stars says the incoming 5 stars will make Holly even a middle of the road coach. I would not count my eggs before they hatch. Again, "Wait until next year, and the next, and the next, etc.":loco:

Reactions: 2 people
That guarantee should only be available if she proves that she knows how to coach them. The 5 stars we have were great when they got to Tennessee, however, they are falling way short of their high school acclaim. Nothing happening to this present crop of 5 stars says the incoming 5 stars will make Holly even a middle of the road coach. I would not count my eggs before they hatch. Again, "Wait until next year, and the next, and the next, etc.":loco:

Yes our coaches have not gotten the best of MRussell Diamond is Diamond reckless and will not change. But I also understand that Geno has truly gotten the Elite players and we have gotten really good players. MRussell was number one player coming in but she is not on the same level as when UConn signs number one player. Hopefully Westbrook will change this for us.

Yes our coaches have not gotten the best of MRussell Diamond is Diamond reckless and will not change. But I also understand that Geno has truly gotten the Elite players and we have gotten really good players. MRussell was number one player coming in but she is not on the same level as when UConn signs number one player. Hopefully Westbrook will change this for us.

If Holly and Geno switched teams immediately after UConn won last year, I'm sure that Holly would have UConn unranked. She wouldn't know what to do with the players and how to take advantage of their skills. Collier and Williams would have stagnated. I have no doubt Geno would have this Tennessee team in the Top 5.

Collier, Williams, Nurse and Chong were not elite players, but Geno made them into so. The talent discrepancy is at the coaching level, not the player level. Pretending otherwise just sets up another few years of, "Just wait until next year!!!"

Reactions: 3 people
*TPG=Turnovers Per Game

Anastasia Hayes
- McDonalds All-American

Kasi Kushkituah
- Supassed 1,000pts

Evina Westbrook
- Team Record (12-3,5-0)

Rennia Davis
- Supassed 2,000pts
- Team Record (18-3,6-0)
- Naismith 25 finalist

Can you put this into perspective? Could you look at hs senior year stats for our CURRENT starting 5?

Reactions: 1 person

How about when we sign the #3 player (DD) ? Or the #5 (BG) or #6 (JN) player ?
Are all our players not as good as other teams players with a similar ranking ?

UTSports.com had an article released this morning saying all 4 would be playing in the McDonald's AA game ......doesn't that make them McDonalds AA ?

If Holly and Geno switched teams immediately after UConn won last year, I'm sure that Holly would have UConn unranked. She wouldn't know what to do with the players and how to take advantage of their skills. Collier and Williams would have stagnated. I have no doubt Geno would have this Tennessee team in the Top 5.

Collier, Williams, Nurse and Chong were not elite players, but Geno made them into so. The talent discrepancy is at the coaching level, not the player level. Pretending otherwise just sets up another few years of, "Just wait until next year!!!"

Let's see. In Izzy, Ariel, and Cierra's final year Holly had that team ranked #6 at the end of the season. You have attributed that success to them having been coached by Pat for one year, even at a possible diminished capacity. And now you claim she would take very good players Geno has had for several seasons and have them unranked the very next season. Smh

As usual someone turns this into a bash Holly matter. :bash:

Reactions: 4 people
With the signing of all these all-americans, it will just put more pressure on Holly. SHe right now has potentially the best big girl at 6-6 & possibly the best athlete and 2 guard in the country. These girls are fighting against themselves and have no coach to pull them out of it.

Let's see. In Izzy, Ariel, and Cierra's final year Holly had that team ranked #6 at the end of the season. You have attributed that success to them having been coached by Pat for one year, even at a possible diminished capacity. And now you claim she would take very good players Geno has had for several seasons and have them unranked the very next season. Smh

Yes, because they are mostly underclassmen and all of them were role players last year. UConn plays with a 6'1 low post and 5'11 high post. They are good because Geno built a system focused on ball and player movement until someone gets open. He also runs plays to get KLS free for 3-pointers. Holly does none of this. At best, she would have Collier post up and force the ball in and have the rest of the players stand around. At worst, she would start Butler so Holly can play her precious "Inside OUT!!!" game and waste Gabby Williams.

There is no way Holly would have the skill, knowledge or expertise to manage this roster. She can can't even do that when she has a full roster of AAs playing their natural position.

Those shooting percentages are exciting as we have in the past recruited players that shot 35 percent in high school but took enough shots to average a lot of points. Rennia Davis is hitting 40 percent of her three point shots we could really use her this season.

Kasi Kushkituah
- Supassed 1,000pts

Has anyone seen her play? The past two seasons her numbers have been pretty modest. That doesn't mean she won't be a good college player but I wonder how raw she still is at this point (especially her FT %)....

UTSports.com had an article released this morning saying all 4 would be playing in the McDonald's AA game ......doesn't that make them McDonalds AA ?

I released this before the announcement came out. I just knew for certain that Westbrook and Hayes was going to make the team.

Can you put this into perspective? Could you look at hs senior year stats for our CURRENT starting 5?

Here's the HS stats

Jordan Reynolds.
- Avg: 18.1
- Ast: 3.9
- Reb: 6.3
- Stls: 3
- Ast/TO:
- Blks: 0.5
- FG: 53% 3pt: 44% FT: 64%

MeMe Jackson
- Avg: 9.3
- Ast: 4.3
- Reb: 5.3
- Stls: 1.5
- Ast/TO: 1.96
- Blks: 0.2
- FG: 37% 3pt: 32% FT: 47%

Diamond Deshields
- Avg: 26.0
- Ast: 3.8
- Reb: 7
- Stls: 4.5

Jaime Nared
- Avg: 29.2
- Ast: 2.6
- Reb: 13.8
- Stls: 4
- Ast/TO: 0.99
- Blks: 1.1
- FG: 45% 3pt: 23% FT: 81%

Mercedes Russell
- Avg: 25.1
- Ast: 3.9
- Reb: 12.3
- Stls: 2
- Blks: 5.5

Alexa Middleton
- Avg: 17.1
- Ast: 3.4
- Reb: 3.8
- Stls: 3.1
- Ast/TO: 1.13
- Blks: 0.2
- FG: 41% 3pt: 38% FT: 77%

Has anyone seen her play? The past two seasons her numbers have been pretty modest. That doesn't mean she won't be a good college player but I wonder how raw she still is at this point (especially her FT %)....

No, but I know she was coming off of an injury (before which she was ranked much higher in her class). She also shares the scoring/rebounding load with Maya Dodson.

VN Store

Back