Jazmine Massengill Commits to Tennessee

Not to be "that guy", but how are we on the recruiting roll that we are? Given our poor performance and seeming ineptitude of this coaching staff, doesn't really add up...

Reactions: 2 people
now we need to recruit a great coach!

We have one....she's about to show you how great she is with the players she's getting! Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook, and Massengill are the type of guards that's been a pain in our sides for so many years!!! Athletic, quick, and shot makers....now WE finally have guards of the same caliber......if we get Nicoletti....OMG!

Reactions: 11 people
We have one....she's about to show you how great she is with the players she's getting! Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook, and Massengill are the type of guards that's been a pain in our sides for so many years!!! Athletic, quick, and shot makers....now WE finally have guards of the same caliber......if we get Nicoletti....OMG!

This!

Reactions: 8 people
Not to be "that guy", but how are we on the recruiting roll that we are? Given our poor performance and seeming ineptitude of this coaching staff, doesn't really add up...

Because the recruits get it....they understand and see the deficiencies we possess and it's not the coaching staff....otherwise why bring your talent here for it to be squandered by Holly and her ineptitude??

Reactions: 6 people
Because the recruits get it....they understand and see the deficiencies we possess and it's not the coaching staff....otherwise why bring your talent here for it to be squandered by Holly and her ineptitude??

I agree that we have deficiencies in some of our Mcdonald AA game but its up to coaching to mask and make a game plan fit around the talent you have. Learning how to move without the basketball lots of motion can make it hard to guard. Coach Reaves is getting it done on recruiting trail I hope Holly gives her a nice bonus from her check.

Reactions: 1 person
I agree that we have deficiencies in some of our Mcdonald AA game but its up to coaching to mask and make a game plan fit around the talent you have. Learning how to move without the basketball lots of motion can make it hard to guard. Coach Reaves is getting it done on recruiting trail I hope Holly gives her a nice bonus from her check.
Do you think Holly coaches them to stand still and not move without the ball??? Some of these girls have been playing basketball almost all their life. Why should they have to "learn" to move without the ball. It should be second nature, with guards especially.....we'll see how Holly does with this group she's getting because she's not going anywhere to be honest....no matter how much people bash her and her coaching deficiencies, no matter how many "Holly pleaseeee retire" threads we make after a loss, she's just not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Reactions: 5 people
Do you think Holly coaches them to stand still and not move without the ball??? Some of these girls have been playing basketball almost all their life. Why should they have to "learn" to move without the ball. It should be second nature, with guards especially.....we'll see how Holly does with this group she's getting because she's not going anywhere to be honest....no matter how much people bash her and her coaching deficiencies, no matter how many "Holly pleaseeee retire" threads we make after a loss, she's just not going anywhere, anytime soon.

Yep, support her lousy coaching abilities all you want...but I've attended funerals where the atmosphere is a lot more inspirational than the Warlick pre-game locker room scenes we witness. That's basically what we're being treated to...a funeral scenario for a once proud program!

Yep, support her lousy coaching abilities all you want...but I've attended funerals where the atmosphere is a lot more inspirational than the Warlick pre-game locker room scenes we witness. That's basically what we're being treated to...a funeral scenario for a once proud program!

Wow, I'm glad I don't feel like that, I'd hate to feel like I'm attending a funeral, that'll be a miserable way to feel every time our girls played! .....why not go cheer for another team?

Reactions: 9 people
Wow, I'm glad I don't feel like that, I'd hate to feel like I'm attending a funeral, that'll be a miserable way to feel every time our girls played! .....why not go cheer for another team?

I 'll stay where I am, thank you. I've been a Tennessee supporter attending athletic events since 1966...and I know a coach in over her head when I see one! This one is about 6 feet below the surface in coaching ability.

Reactions: 3 people
Everyone needs to chill on Holly for another year. Let's see what she can do with a loaded roster. I have faith that she will do it next season.

Holly, aside, for a moment...her staff is gettin' it done in a big way...thank you staff and thank you young ladies for being Lady Vols...:rock::pepper:

GO LADY VOLS!

Reactions: 4 people

Keep Dreaming, for me it is more of a nightmare

Everyone needs to chill on Holly for another year. Let's see what she can do with a loaded roster. I have faith that she will do it next season.

She had a loaded roster last year, too.

The recruiting reinforcement should mean there's no sweating about just making the tournament, but they will not be a Final Four caliber team. We can celebrate making the S16 or maybe the E8.

Let me understand your position on this topic fully. For the record, are you saying that the fact that the team has underperformed the last two years is mainly, even exclusively, the players fault ?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

This has been a theme every season"wait until next year" aren't you all tired of saying this? There's no excuse to getting beat to teams like Ole Miss and Penn State. Tennessee has lost all national respect. It's excuse after excuse. Wait until we get shooters. Then Dunbar and Middleton come nothing changes. It's really sad. Forget the coaching aspect, my thing is why doesn't these teams give there all for Holly every game. Look terrible on offense often than seldom. It has been a downward spiral the last few seasons. Yes, we've been to Elite 8, but come on when have we beat a top 5 team or have felt confident that we are going to the Final Four or this could be a special season. It has been a long time. Just because you've been a long time assistant doesn't mean you're meant to be a head coach. I seldomly watch games anymore, but when I did watch the talent on the court should be much better. Mississippi State has maybe one McDonald's All-American,but has jumped into the national scene while we are continually going backwards. Holly may not be going anywhere, but this program is continually spiraling downward and it's sad. The ones that want her to stay and keeps defending her, I don't understand how you are confident things are about to change. She has DeShields, Russell and Nared who were all top 5 recruits, but we still struggle against teams that we should slaughter. I'm glad we are getting top recruits again, but will they be coached correctly and developed is my concern.

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back