best thing you can do tomorrow? stay home

Darth_Vol

I've cancelled my plans to attend tomorrow, I would suggest anyone else who cares about the future of the program do the same. Maybe we are stuck with Holly, and it probably doesn't change anything. But a crappy attendance for a nationally televised top 5 matchup, during We Back Pat Week, would be an embarrassing statement even the administration couldn't ignore as to the current dissatisfaction of the fanbase.

Trust me, you won't miss anything....

Reactions: 10 people
I've cancelled my plans to attend tomorrow, I would suggest anyone else who cares about the future of the program do the same. Maybe we are stuck with Holly, and it probably doesn't change anything. But a crappy attendance for a nationally televised top 5 matchup, during We Back Pat Week, would be an embarrassing statement even the administration couldn't ignore as to the current dissatisfaction of the fanbase.

It's a "We Back Pat" game.....no.

Reactions: 26 people
I know what your saying but I already have the tickets and it is a "Back Pat" game and not "back Holly" game. Last game this year that I'll attend.

Reactions: 4 people

Death,as shown on another thread,attendance this year is already down by almost 25 percent from Holly's first year and by about 40 percent from Pat's last year. So far declining attendance has evoked no action from the university's hierarchy. This may be because of Bama Dave,who knows? At this point,not attending simply shows disrespect for the players. Maybe the new chancellor will facilitate a change. But let's continue to support our Lady Vols!

Reactions: 9 people
Death,as shown on another thread,attendance this year is already down by almost 25 percent from Holly's first year and by about 40 percent from Pat's last year. So far declining attendance has evoked no action from the university's hierarchy. This may be because of Bama Dave,who knows? At this point,not attending simply shows disrespect for the players. Maybe the new chancellor will facilitate a change. But let's continue to support our Lady Vols!

Benion, I like your opinion:good!:.

Reactions: 2 people

You stay home but let me know where your seats are so I can maybe upgrade.

:thud:

Tennesseeduke

Reactions: 11 people
How about going to support the players? The coaching situation will take care of itself once the new AD is in place. Support the team.

Reactions: 6 people
I understand the frustration but the strategy would be a classic case of cutting off on'e nose to spite the face. I am in the camp that Holly has two more seasons unless something extreme happens like missing the NCAA. Her past record--which like it or not looks good on paper--and #1 recruiting class have bought her some time. If the UTAD fired Holly now they would be eviscerated in the national press, particularly given the specter of the hostile climate that are still lingering.

But what makes this job attractive to quality coaches and recruits in the future?: One factor is fan support.

The other reality is that posts on this board will have little impact on attendance but winning and losing does. And if the LVs get blown out against ND (which is a possibility), that will likely depress attendance further; But a close or a "miracle on ice" upset would be a huge boon to attendance.

Reactions: 5 people
Warlick has already been the UT coach for three seasons longer than she should have. She should have been axed after two years. Keeping her is dumb and bad for the program--has been bad, will continue to be bad. There are two possible scenarios with Warlick: One is that the bottom will fall out of the program and the AD will see the obvious and sack her. The other is that Warlick wins just enough to keep the AD from sacking her, in which case the Vols will stumble along, mired in mediocrity. I would much prefer the first. Hart was foolish to give her an extension.

Reactions: 7 people

A wise insight, ben

Normally I might agree, however, I would rather honor Pat than dishonor her because Holly is a bad coach. I am sure Pat never envisioned this fiasco when she recommended Holly for the HC position. This game is for Pat and not the pathetic coaching display of Holly. In fact, I honor the Lady Vols because of Pat's legacy. Holly makes it very difficult but the Lady Vols are my team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people

Anyone calling for a BOYCOTT of any Lady Vols basketball games is an Idiot, and sure as hell is not a true fan of University of Tennessee athletics in general.

Reactions: 14 people
Anyone calling for a BOYCOTT of any Lady Vols basketball games is an Idiot, and sure as hell is not a true fan of University of Tennessee athletics in general.

Calling someone an idiot is harsh, I would soften the blow and say misguided and a bit over frustrated. Win, lose or draw I love and support the Lady Vols.

Reactions: 5 people
I'm staying home,, of course I live >600 miles from Ktown, lol

Probably watching the game wearing my white hat:angry:.

I'll wave to you...just watch for when the cameras pan the arena. Can't miss me, wearing orange (proper shade with Lady Vols on it).

Reactions: 1 person
Calling someone an idiot is harsh, I would soften the blow and say misguided and a bit over frustrated. Win, lose or draw I love and support the Lady Vols.

Darthie is no idiot, just a cup half empty type of guy with little tolerence for....hate to say it...coaching of the caliber we have been seeing lately:sad:.

But boycotting the game hurts nothing but the players and the program.

I'll be there.

Go Lady Vols!

Darthie is no idiot, just a cup half empty type of guy with little tolerence for....hate to say it...coaching of the caliber we have been seeing lately:sad:.

But boycotting the game hurts nothing but the players and the program.

I'll be there.

Go Lady Vols!

I opt to go and back my lady vols in my normal spot....Unless of course, if Darth's vantage isn't closer to the bench,,, I might occupy that chair for him

It's not a top 5 matchup anymore and I don't think it ever will be as long as Holly is around. I'll be shocked if they can keep it under a 10 point loss. Attendance is already way down and that will be the straw that breaks the camels back if they miss the tourney. Attendance alone won't get you fired but it can be the deciding factor after a mediocre season. Just ask Buzz, Fulmer, or Dooley.

It's not a top 5 matchup anymore and I don't think it ever will be as long as Holly is around. I'll be shocked if they can keep it under a 10 point loss. Attendance is already way down and that will be the straw that breaks the camels back if they miss the tourney. Attendance alone won't get you fired but it can be the deciding factor after a mediocre season. Just ask Buzz, Fulmer, or Dooley.

Tennessee is presently #27... Beat ND and they have to give us top 25 again.

I will be there!

We're #27 even after our loss to Ole Miss? Interesting. I figured we would drop quite a bit.

No new rankings have been released since the Ole Miss game. After that loss and once they get throttled by ND, they should fall out of the "receiving votes" list.

It's sad when we talk about Tennessee's ranking in terms of where they fall on the "Other teams receiving votes" list...

VN Store

Back