Assistant Coaches

spoton

Not motivational.......never see them getting excited......rarely gets out of their chairs........

Reactions: 1 person
Not motivational.......never see them getting excited......rarely gets out of their chairs........

Welcome to the forum and posting.
I agree and have thought this for a few years. I see other staffs getting into games and really trying to pump up the players. Coach Reeves appears to just sit and watch and every once in a while Dean will move. Law is the most animated one it there is any animation at all. This may be the way Holly wants them to be. Who knows but I guess if they are going to keep Holly and I have no doubt they will and for the life of me I don't know really why them it will be more of the same.:mf_surrender:

they've gotten long in the tooth and fat & lazy as assistants, especially Dean & Jolette. imvho. working for the dollar instead of championships?

She will be given one more year with her incoming class to be successful. I suggest that Holly make a bench change and get someone who can help her run a offensive system that involves movement without the ball who actually coaches it and player get it. Holly mentions this all the time player movement but her team does the same every game so either the player are stupid or she doesnt know how to teach them.

She will be given one more year with her incoming class to be successful. I suggest that Holly make a bench change and get someone who can help her run a offensive system that involves movement without the ball who actually coaches it and player get it. Holly mentions this all the time player movement but her team does the same every game so either the player are stupid or she doesnt know how to teach them.

(Players)

they've gotten long in the tooth and fat & lazy as assistants, especially Dean & Jolette. imvho. working for the dollar instead of championships?

This is one of the most absurd posts I have ever seen on this forum. I don't have as much knowledge of BB and the history of the program as many on here, but I DO know the statements and assumptions made in this post are 100% WRONG. :machgun:

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people

Holly is not going to do this. She wants her assistants to be good recruiters and fulfill the role she fulfilled for Pat. Holly and Kyra Elzy did not get along because Kyra was more into player development and offensive/defensive schemes than recruiting. Holly believes that you will win games if you have a full bench load of talent. This is true to some extent. However, that talent must be developed and coached per offense and defense. UCONN is the supreme testimony to this truth.

Holly is not going to do this. She wants her assistants to be good recruiters and fulfill the role she fulfilled for Pat. Holly and Kyra Elzy did not get along because Kyra was more into player development and offensive/defensive schemes than recruiting. Holly believes that you will win games if you have a full bench load of talent. This is true to some extent. However, that talent must be developed and coached per offense and defense. UCONN is the supreme testimony to this truth.

Well Nate you may be right but recruiting has been piss poor other than this group coming in and a few players who have been a hit and the most being a miss. So those so called recruiting coaches you speak of must have all fell asleep last year.

Well Nate you may be right but recruiting has been piss poor other than this group coming in and a few players who have been a hit and the most being a miss. So those so called recruiting coaches you speak of must have all fell asleep last year.

I said Holly wanted her assistants to be good recruiters, I did not say they were good last year.

The recruiting coordinator was not into recruiting? That's not good.

The recruiting coordinator was not into recruiting? That's not good.

The recruiting coordinator was hand picked by Holly and had been a former player so she should have know what she was getting. Mitchell was more than happy with her recruiting at Ky before she left there and hired her immediately back when she left the Lvs.

This is one of the most absurd posts I have ever seen on this forum. I don't have as much knowledge of BB and the history of the program as many on here, but I DO know the statements and assumptions made in this post are 100% WRONG. :machgun:

You did prove you know nothing!

where are the results that show our assistants are getting the job done then?

if they had a shred of competence left, Tn wouldn't be at the bottom of the SEC.

I think that all of these comments is just because TN is not playing well and that has nothing to do with their assistant coaches. Everyone had been pointing their finger either to the player's etc... "The bottom line is Holly cannot coach, simple as that." You can give Holly #1 recruit 3 years in a roll she still can't win...

I think that all of these comments is just because TN is not playing well and that has nothing to do with their assistant coaches. Everyone had been pointing their finger either to the player's etc... "The bottom line is Holly cannot coach, simple as that." You can give Holly #1 recruit 3 years in a roll she still can't win...

I have never been a basher of Holly or have orange colored glasses for her, BUT when you have as many AAs as she does should we all not expect them to at least shoot the ball with a better percentage of accuracy. I am not taking about 3 point shots in particular but layup and putback and regular old damn shots? Holly has not coached worth a damn but she has not missed a shot from her place on the sidelines!!!!!
:bash::bash:

MR is missing shots because she is getting mugged most of the time. IF Holly had insisted she learn to shoot a sky hook I doubt anyone could block that shot. Instead she throws up bricks with girls hanging all over her arms. :(

MR is missing shots because she is getting mugged most of the time. IF Holly had insisted she learn to shoot a sky hook I doubt anyone could block that shot. Instead she throws up bricks with girls hanging all over her arms. :(

Gule I am giving MR the benefit of doubt and I really not speaking negative of her (other than the chippies) but those that are suppose to hit the outside jumper. Surely with the AA players some of them made it to that designation by shooting the ball!

A hook shot is easy if you hold the ball high, know where you are in relation to the goal and can pivot right or left. Stanford had a girl a couple/ three years ago shooting them. Russell needs to expand her game.

In reference I say MR cannot effectively pivot one way or the other or at least has not ever shown it.

You'd think that after years of offensive problems, the coaches would install a new scheme, focus on player movement, ball movements, screens, shooting, etc., and fix the recurring problems, but it doesn't happen. Same issues, year after year.

You'd think that after years of offensive problems, the coaches would install a new scheme, focus on player movement, ball movements, screens, shooting, etc., and fix the recurring problems, but it doesn't happen. Same issues, year after year.

You don't think yelling "Inside OUT, Read and react and NO QUICK SHOOTING!!!!" is sophisticated enough?

Sadly, that's probably the extent of her coaching.

VN Store

Back