7225 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Page 2. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-11-2017, 12:10 PM   #16
Spook1
Ancient Vol

Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Lady Vols Basketball Coaching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nute Gunray View Post
You are stating the problem with WCBB except for schools like UCONN, ND, Baylor, SC, Stanford and maybe Maryland. They either have good coaching but a lack of player talent or they have poor coaching but good talent or they have both poor coaching and a lack of talent. The overwhelming majority of WCBB teams fall in the first and third categories. A good example of the first case is Wes Moore of NC State. He could compete with Geno if he had the player talent that Holly has now and will have next year.
Lady Vols continually have 15 or more turnovers per game with DeShields having usually 5 or more per game. This has been happening for the past two years, yet the Lady Vols coaching staff does absolutely nothing toward stopping turnovers!!!!!!!!! Mississippi State made 10 steals against the Lady Vols because they concentrated on making those steals. We had 19 turnovers and Mississippi State make 12 point from them...we lost the game by 10 points. If we had guarded the ball better and made only half the turnovers, Lady Vols would have won the game. It's time the coaches got off their fat a.....s and did something about stolen balls, turnovers and concentration on stealing balls from opponents. I have no conficence that anything will be done....SOS for the next game!!!!!!

Last edited by Spook1; 01-11-2017 at 12:13 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:45 PM   #17
LVJeff

Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenacguy50 View Post
Hopefully Holly won't be here next year. I'd love to see what Kim Mulkey could do with that talent.
Kim Mulkey will be 55 years old in a couple months and her reported salary is over $1 million dollars and total compensation package is worth a reported $10 million.

IMO there is zero chance of her ever being at UT.

ON EDIT: I see that Mulkey's deal expires in 2017 so by golly the timing sure is right. Get her here.

Last edited by LVJeff; 01-11-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 12:50 PM   #18
movinonup

Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
For every Saban, there will eventually be a Sweeney.

For Pat, it was Geno.
For Geno, there will be someone......eventually, but not in the foreseeable future.

I can't stand the man, but have to hand it to him - the product he puts on the floor year after year is amazing.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #19
DonDiego
Almost Margaritaville

Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
Was going to leave this stinker alone but just can't do it. One, you play in the SEC so I will have to straight up admit you would know an awful lot about cupcakes. You have SC and that's it. No other team comes even close to contending. MS? Oh my god. I can't laugh anymore about that. If ever you want an example of the problems with the rankings we use look no further.

As for, "extended practice" it's long been known that UConn players look forward to games if for no other reason that they're shorter and easier than practices. Their players have been saying that for a few decades now and judging from results I see no reason to think the process has changed.

For the record I lament your coaching situation, I really do. Holly is loyal to the bone. Pat picked her and I can't see her willingly stepping aside even if she wanted to. She was chosen and until someone higher up relieves her she's going to carry out her orders. Anyone who cares about the women's college game wants to see as many good, no, great teams on the floor as there can be. That's just good for everyone. But my sympathy doesn't extend to snide little remarks like, "wgas" coming from a coach, no less. They're going to extend that win streak quite a bit further this year until someone or the season stops them. This is something no one has done, not even Summit. You don't have to like it, not even sure that I like it, but the fact remains that it's a BFD. Get your coach, load up your bench and put up or sit back and enjoy the spectacle but at least have the good grace to keep your crap in a pot under the bed.
'...Holly is loyal to the bone'. You got any proof of this?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 03:39 PM   #20
NoBackBoard

I knew the streak was boring the sports world but I didn't know UConn fans were bored too.

You all should be happy.

Is this the only place UConn fans can get any competition?
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 05:33 PM   #21
itsasport

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobackboard View Post
i knew the streak was boring the sports world but i didn't know uconn fans were bored too.

You all should be happy.

Is this the only place uconn fans can get any competition?
you found me out
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 07:13 PM   #22
Ladyvolfan4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by noirwest View Post
Was going to leave this stinker alone but just can't do it. One, you play in the SEC so I will have to straight up admit you would know an awful lot about cupcakes. You have SC and that's it. No other team comes even close to contending. MS? Oh my god. I can't laugh anymore about that. If ever you want an example of the problems with the rankings we use look no further.

As for, "extended practice" it's long been known that UConn players look forward to games if for no other reason that they're shorter and easier than practices. Their players have been saying that for a few decades now and judging from results I see no reason to think the process has changed.

For the record I lament your coaching situation, I really do. Holly is loyal to the bone. Pat picked her and I can't see her willingly stepping aside even if she wanted to. She was chosen and until someone higher up relieves her she's going to carry out her orders. Anyone who cares about the women's college game wants to see as many good, no, great teams on the floor as there can be. That's just good for everyone. But my sympathy doesn't extend to snide little remarks like, "wgas" coming from a coach, no less. They're going to extend that win streak quite a bit further this year until someone or the season stops them. This is something no one has done, not even Summit. You don't have to like it, not even sure that I like it, but the fact remains that it's a BFD. Get your coach, load up your bench and put up or sit back and enjoy the spectacle but at least have the good grace to keep your crap in a pot under the bed.
If you want to brag on UCONN and put down the SEC and especially Lady Vols there's a place called the BONEYARD that you are well aware of. Go post there.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-11-2017, 08:08 PM   #23
LVJeff

Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvolfan4ever View Post
If you want to brag on UCONN and put down the SEC and especially Lady Vols there's a place called the BONEYARD that you are well aware of. Go post there.
Yep. It took me a while to realize it but yet another conner went on ignore.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-12-2017, 05:27 AM   #24
Rickster

Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff Are Yoi Watching Lady Vol Coaching Staff
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyvolfan4ever View Post
The ignore button works well too. I use it in situations like this.
Reply With Quote TOP