New AP Top 25 Poll

Amb3096

2017 Women's College Basketball Rankings and Polls for Week 10 - ESPN

Tennessee drops 1 spot in the receiving votes category to #27, just behind Syracuse.

They have 3 tricky games ahead of them with Ole Miss, ND and Auburn. If they lose to ND but win the other 2, that should get them back in the top 25.

On a side note, UK's streak in the AP 25 came to end this week, leaving the SEC with only 2 teams in the Top 25: #4 MSU and #5 SC. I can't remember the last time that the SEC had less representation in the rankings. There's no reason that Tennessee shouldn't finish lower than #3 in the SEC standings this year.

Reactions: 3 people
If we beat you were are supposed to beat and finish 3 in sec By the end of the year we will be will be in the polls I am confused on How California and K State is in the polls butr whatever

Winning 2 of the next 3 is far from a guarantee with this team

Reactions: 2 people
We can beat ole miss Aurbun will be tricky if we can not hit shots in their zone then we are in trouble.

Being ranked in the top25 is a consulation prize for many. As it should be.

We can beat ole miss Aurbun will be tricky if we can not hit shots in their zone then we are in trouble.

Both Ole Miss and Auburn have the potential to be trap games, but especially Auburn. They have outside shooters and a lightning-quick PG who is very good at scoring and distributing. They lack size, so if Tennessee can exploit that mismatch, they should be able to score at will.

Ole Miss is guard oriented, and has a couple of obese post players that can push Mercedes off the block.

Tennessee will have to bring their A game to win both of these.

Both Ole Miss and Auburn have the potential to be trap games, but especially Auburn. They have outside shooters and a lightning-quick PG who is very good at scoring and distributing. They lack size, so if Tennessee can exploit that mismatch, they should be able to score at will.

Ole Miss is guard oriented, and has a couple of obese post players that can push Mercedes off the block.

If we Zone Ole miss and Pick and roll those bigs we can win and auburn I am more sketchy as they will sit in the zone and iff middleton and jackson does not shoot well we are in trouble/

If we Zone Ole miss and Pick and roll those bigs we can win and auburn I am more sketchy as they will sit in the zone and iff middleton and jackson does not shoot well we are in trouble/

Pick and roll is easy to defend against Tennessee, unless Diamond or Alexa has the ball. If it's Jordan, you can go under the screen because she can't shoot and probably won't drive. Same with MeMe, who is more of a corner spot shooter. If Jaime has the ball, double team her because she's not a good passer. I doubt Alexa gets much PT because of the speed of Ole Miss's guards, so that just leaves scenarios where Diamond is handling the ball to worry about.

Nunn has to play significant minutes to give Mercedes a breather. Those Ole Miss posts are massive, and can wear Mercedes down even if they aren't huge scoring threats.

Tennessee did not exploit mismatches against MSU. So they'll probably won't do it against Auburn.

Time after time I kept screaming give the ball to Jordan when little Morgan Williams was trying to guard her in the post. MeMe, Alexa and Jaime weren't even looking in her direction when any of them had the ball and CHW was on the sidelines with her hands on her hips!!!! I could not believe they didn't see Jordan in the post. Not one, not two but 3 times that happened!!!

If anyone gets a chance go back and watch the game. Tennessee could had beaten MSU if we had better coaching for sure. Because I just don't know what CHW has done to make her team better. It has gotten worse!

We could had won that game!!!!

And gotten back into the Top 20 not 25.

It is surreal that The Lady Vols are out of the Top 25. This is the 2nd year in a row that it has happened. I am so sad for my team. They deserve so much better than the coach that they have.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Tennessee did not exploit mismatches against MSU. So they'll probably won't do it against Auburn.

Time after time I kept screaming give the ball to Jordan when little Morgan Williams was trying to guard her in the post. ...

I was 15th row, section 104... Screaming the very same thing,. TJ

5'11" posting over a 5' nothing guard....and it WAS available several times.

Reactions: 2 people
maybe coach holly should introduce all the team members to each other again? seems like they don't know each other on sight. :(

Reactions: 3 people
January is the month to get back in. I said a week or so ago this is the month last season where they lost most of their games. If they can show even a little improvement in W/L percentage this month maybe that means things are starting to click. If they win 4 of their next 6 which I think is certainly achievable (Ole Miss, Auburn, Vanderbilt, Florida), combined with some losses for those bottom 5 teams, that could get Tennessee back in assuming they don't get completely destroyed by Notre Dame or South Carolina.

Close losses to them in the realm of 10 or so points where they are competitive all throughout like the Miss St game shouldn't hurt too bad but if they get beat like they did vs Baylor (which I don't expect they will) I would think they reenter @ 25.

as long as they are in the top 64, we're good.

make the tourney, get put in geno's bracket, pull out the can of whoopass on those u cons and ride the big ORANGE wave to Championship #9.

yes, I can see it.. :)

VN Store

Back