MSU stays unbeaten with first-ever win in Knoxville

Without coaching the Lady Vols are done. All of these turnovers comes back to coaching. This team is not mentally prepared to take the next step. Something needs to be done.

Reactions: 8 people
Without coaching the Lady Vols are done. All of these turnovers comes back to coaching. This team is not mentally prepared to take the next step. Something needs to be done.

I guess they are just waiting on the next AD. The program has totally lost its luster with the general public.

Reactions: 2 people
I guess the thread that stated the lady vols are back really means their not. Well I guess that debate is over with.

These ladies do not have the desire it takes. The last quarter with everything on the line they were standing around.

I guess 6 wins in a row means nothing. This board is unbelievable.

By all means, let's send the team and coaches a trophy and package of cookies for doing what they are supposed to do. It's 2017 where everyone gets sunshine pumped up their rear end for doing what is expected of them. :wavey:

Really there are very few opponents on our schedule we should lose to. ND, Baylor and SC are the most notable. Possibly at Texas -- even though Texas is REALLY underachieving based on their talent level. Beating Stanford and Kentucky at home is nice but really isn't a big deal. We should be doing that. The rest of the teams we have played as of late are garbage.

I don't see what the disappointment of a piss poor performance and missed MASSIVE opportunity has to do with that, though. The team is supposed to be building on success and getting better, not taking steps backward. This is a veteran team.

Reactions: 7 people
Actually MSU is ranked #4 right now. Are they likely really that good? Likely, no. They haven't really played an elite team as of yet. But they are definitely top 15. But this was very winnable for us, especially at home.

Reactions: 3 people
They're unranked. That should be firable offense at UT. This program has declined rapidly under Holly

The Ladyvols have lost a grand total of 34 games in their incredible history in games played at home with over 800 wins. If my math is correct, Holly is already responsible for 8 or 9 of those losses in her short time leading the program. Not good.

I guess 6 wins in a row means nothing. This board is unbelievable.

Six wins, including over Troy, App State, UNC Wilmington, Kentucky and Vandy? We easily have more talent than all of those teams; we should have won those games. Same with Stanford, and same with Miss. State. Do you think Miss. State is more talented than us? They aren't--they just play better. It is a measure of how far we have fallen that fans feel good about beating Vandy and Troy.

Reactions: 4 people
They are sharks waiting for that drop of blood. Anything, and I mean anything negative is all they are looking for.

...need a new coach, because Warlick doesn't have it. Anybody who hasn't seen that by now should schedule a visit to the optometrist. We've not been to a Final Four in a decade, and we're not going to win anything until we get a real coach. HW tries, of course; she cares; she's just not a good head coach--has been over her head since day one.

Reactions: 9 people
These ladies do not have the desire it takes. The last quarter with everything on the line they were standing around.

Those girls had a chance to win. Even with 1:03 left they were within two scores of the #4 team in the country.
In spite of almost having the wind sucked out of them AGAIN in the second.
They responded.
Don't lay that on them.

Last edited:
Those girls had a chance to win. Even with 1:03 left they were within two scores of the #4 team in the country.
In spite of almost having the wind sucked out of them AGAIN in the second.
They responded.
Don't lay that on them.

Yes, this game is definitely not one to spark a stone throwing party. The effort was there; foul trouble to key players is a major dilemma for a team playing on the edge like the LVs; and if their execution had been a little better down the stretch, this game could have had a very different outcome.

Sometimes you win; sometime you lose but every loss does not mean it is the end of the program.

We are Tennessee.. Guess that means nothing to some people...

Yes, but this isn't the same Tennessee program that was under Pat Summitt and was a national powerhouse. Thos team has been decimated by injuries and has zero depth, and after an awful start they've made huge strides. Losing a hard fought game at home to the #4 team in the country is nothing to hang your head about. Tennessee was up by one point with three minutes left, doesn't get much more competitive than that. They also won their last six games, including two over ranked teams. Yeah they lost today, but look at how far the team has come since the Baylor disaster. The team is playing much betterbasketball and absolutely has Final Four potential if they continue to improve. There will be more losses and ups and downs, but I'm thrilled with the progress the team has made in a relatively short time frame and think they can still contend for an SEC title and make a deep run in the tournament.

Reactions: 11 people

VN Store

Back