Lady Vols Hoop Report 1/7

Pat4life

Lady Vol Hoops Report (1/7/17) - University of Tennessee Official Athletic Site

Head Coach Holly Warlick Quotes

(On her thoughts about Mississippi State)
"They are more mature and older. They know [Vic Schaefer's] system. They play hard and are extremely talented on both ends of the floor. They will play pressure defense and get after you. Victoria Vivians is just a special kid that plays for them. She is surrounded by great players as well. I think Vic's done a great job of building a team. They all have a great role, and they play it. They are a really good basketball team."

(On having three players who average 15 points per game)
"That gives us a balanced attack. Teams can't only stop one player or one position. We are taking open looks and open shots that each of those players can make. We are also moving the basketball around to everyone. That is a sign of a great team effort, especially on the offensive end. That is what we have needed to win, because we can't just rely on Mercedes, Jaime or Diamond to score everything. I love that it's balanced, because we are moving the ball and getting better and more open looks."

(On whether she likes where the team is at this point)
"I feel good about us. I think we are very focused, and we are playing well with each other. The other night, we missed some layups that threw us off. For the most part, I really think we are playing well together. We understand what we need to do, who we need to attack, how important our defense is and how important rebounding is. At the beginning of the year, I don't know if we quite understood the importance of the defensive and rebounding aspects of the game."

(On the defense staying consistent throughout the Vanderbilt game)
"That is a great sign. When we were missing shots; they weren't able to capitalize. The majority of the time, we didn't let our offense affect our defense. I thought our defense was solid. We communicated. When we don't communicate and react to things, that is when we get in trouble. We had a game plan, and when it didn't go the way we wanted it to, I think our players reacted well and just played the game. That is a great sign."

Reactions: 1 person
thanks...we'll see how we handle the pressure, and if we can continue playing well...and,

GO LADY VOLS!

Yeah we matchup well against MSU. They only beat us by 2 at their place in OT right?

Victoria Vivians... Diamond and Nared, scoring has to neutralize her, she's going to attempt 20+ shots.

If Vivians shots 5 of 19 like she did against Arkansas I think we win. We have to hope she has two bad games in a row.

Reactions: 3 people
If Vivians shots 5 of 19 like she did against Arkansas I think we win. We have to hope she has two bad games in a row.

If you have to have someone face guard/shadow her at all times, have Coach Law go to Diamond and say you say you are the best player in the country and you want to be National Player of the year, Go prove it today, Shut down Vivians while also continuing to score on the offensive side and you can sway voters in your favor (I truly believe Diamond needs to be challenged/told she can't do something so that she uses it as a motivational tool!)

Reactions: 3 people
If you have to have someone face guard/shadow her at all times, have Coach Law go to Diamond and say you say you are the best player in the country and you want to be National Player of the year, Go prove it today, Shut down Vivians while also continuing to score on the offensive side and you can sway voters in your favor (I truly believe Diamond needs to be challenged/told she can't do something so that she uses it as a motivational tool!)

I love this.

I would hope that HW would do exactly what you are saying. I think DD needs the challenge and she can do it because she is bigger than MeMe and should respond. Just hope she accepts the challenge!!:boxing2::boxing2:

VN Store

Back