So who wrote it?

I don't get it. So any schmuck can write a letter criticizing one of the athletic programs and have it printed in a major newspaper and posted on the internet?

Reactions: 3 people
The letter is a little but the university does not appear to be too concerned about the program. I'm starting to wonder if the caring the university did was largely out of respect for Pat and how hard she had worked. We fans can go on all day long but women's basketball does not make money for the university unless they are winning a national title and even then, it's not making big dollars. I believe the downturn of SEC basketball came about due to the streak of the BCS title streak for the conference in football. I recall in the 90s how Alabama, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Arkansas were tough outs for most teams and now those schools seems to have divested resources as the pot of money has gotten larger. Regardless, I don't see women's basketball being big on the horizon for the new UT administration despite the legacy of the program. I'm not saying that to be harsh, just honest.

There is a small amount of truth to it but the administration did not let it happen.... Holly has won 75% of her games...and has signed the number one class in the country....she made the changes necessary to help secure that class and worked outstandingly..... if we fired her now then we would look extremely foolish when the next coach is not able to even reach Holly's standards..... I have severe doubts about Holly being able to get the Lady Vols to where we need to be but she deserves a chance to grow as a coach and bring us to that elite level all of us desire her to be.

Reactions: 5 people
There is a small amount of truth to it but the administration did not let it happen.... Holly has won 75% of her games...and has signed the number one class in the country....she made the changes necessary to help secure that class and worked outstandingly..... if we fired her now then we would look extremely foolish when the next coach is not able to even reach Holly's standards..... I have severe doubts about Holly being able to get the Lady Vols to where we need to be but she deserves a chance to grow as a coach and bring us to that elite level all of us desire her to be.

I agree, I am skeptical about if Holly can get it done, but I know her love for the program and her desire to uphold Pat Summitt's Legacy so I am going to give her the benefit of the doubt!

Reactions: 1 person
Niceville,
huh?
Not very f'ing nice...!

All I got to say is "Performance will shut em up"

We beat a national power and followed it with two smashes of two cupcakes teams (A quarter in each game, notwithstanding).

This week we play #17. A win would no doubt put us back into the top 25...Four games later, if we take care of business and win 2 of the preceding 3 we should be mid-rankings for the Notre Dame game.

Win it and we are top ten.

The girls are playing some of their best BB right now.
DD is rested for this run and the primaries are healthy.
They just played a series of games and no one on the OTHER team got a career outing.
All things are go.

The only corner this team hasn't turned yet is the "in-game/in-quarter" stop of a torrid run.
It has taken two half-times to stop the prior runs.
This is the staff's next step.

Turn that corner and we
have something.

I will be there today.
See you sv... Maybe even meet gul (gule,,, that is), huh?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

is mediocre on its best days. Yea, we had a very good recruiting class this year--but we also had what must be the worst recruiting class in the history of women's basketball last year, signing nobody until we got one project late (who will never play) and a transfer. DISASTER--and this from a top program in the country. And the year before was not good either--we signed a mere two players when we needed to sign at least four.

As to this idea that the administration doesn't really care about the program because it doesn't make money, that is surely nonsense. You don't let a great athletic tradition deteriorate because it doesn't earn money. We just need new blood.

is mediocre on its best days. Yea, we had a very good recruiting class this year--but we also had what must be the worst recruiting class in the history of women's basketball last year, signing nobody until we got one project late (who will never play) and a transfer. DISASTER--and this from a top program in the country. And the year before was not good either--we signed a mere two players when we needed to sign at least four.

As to this idea that the administration doesn't really care about the program because it doesn't make money, that is surely nonsense. You don't let a great athletic tradition deteriorate because it doesn't earn money. We just need new blood.

Maybe we got this good of a recruiting class BECAUSE we didn't have a great one the year before on purpose. Save a scholarship so you can bring in a "Fab" class....It may not have been their original idea, but it sure worked out for us moving forward.

Reactions: 2 people
Really has been tough to stay positive in the last couple of seasons. I think Holly has to produce a final four with next seasons team if Russell and Diamond stay. There will be no reason acceptable for not making it to the final four next season. We will have the most talented group of players since Parker was here and certainly talent comparable with anyone in WCCB basketball.

The talent is there. That leaves it to one thing...

No administration official would look at an E8 and say "that's mediocre."

Reactions: 4 people
No administration official would look at an E8 and say "that's mediocre."

Unless they have a higher standard for the University in question.

FF is minimal goal for UT
Championships should be the goal, every year!
(Just like it is for YouCon).
Every year!
That is the goal for those who understand this program.
This year is no different.

We only have nine on the roster....but most of them are McD AA's.

Gladiator - you are consistent in 2017 as in 2016 doom and gloom - don't like the coach, the assistants, the players. The football season (defined as mediocre by many) the men's team is less than mediocre) so where else to be negative.

FYI Johnnie R. Prichard, Niceville, Fla. two of the Troy players (sisters) went to Niceville HS. Maybe he attended the game. (smile)

Reactions: 4 people
Niceville,
huh?
Not very f'ing nice...!

All I got to say is "Performance will shut em up"

We beat a national power and followed it with two smashes of two cupcakes teams (A quarter in each game, notwithstanding).

This week we play #17. A win would no doubt put us back into the top 25...Four games later, if we take care of business and win 2 of the preceding 3 we should be mid-rankings for the Notre Dame game.

Win it and we are top ten.

The girls are playing some of their best BB right now.
DD is rested for this run and the primaries are healthy.
They just played a series of games and no one on the OTHER team got a career outing.
All things are go.

The only corner this team hasn't turned yet is the "in-game/in-quarter" stop of a torrid run.
It has taken two half-times to stop the prior runs.
This is the staff's next step.

Turn that corner and we
have something.

I will be there today.
See you sv... Maybe even meet gul (gule,,, that is), huh?

Come on, coach; a gule sighting has been predicted:). May have some open seats around us, if both of you show, I'll probably have more to watch/see than I can handle!

GO LADY VOLS!

Gladiator - you are consistent in 2017 as in 2016 doom and gloom - don't like the coach, the assistants, the players. The football season (defined as mediocre by many) the men's team is less than mediocre) so where else to be negative.

FYI Johnnie R. Prichard, Niceville, Fla. two of the Troy players (sisters) went to Niceville HS. Maybe he attended the game. (smile)

hmmm, interesting comment stllvf - i'm assuming it's directed toward me, but couldn't be sure given I've rarely, if ever, commented on TN football or men's basketball. If "TRUTH" is considered negative, then I'll be negative until I someone proves me wrong. Now, I expect the lady vols to win today, but only because KY is overrated. They should be ranked about #30.

time for those Holly relatives, friends and fans to admit what everyone else in the division 1 women's basketball world knows already (i.e., lady vols basketball is not going very far with Holly, regardless of how many mcdonald's all americans you put on the team. let's just be honest and call it what is is....Holly is a good assistant at best.

time for those Holly relatives, friends and fans to admit what everyone else in the division 1 women's basketball world knows already (i.e., lady vols basketball is not going very far with Holly, regardless of how many mcdonald's all americans you put on the team. let's just be honest and call it what is is....Holly is a good assistant at best.

I consider myself a colleague, when it comes to Holly. So I don't speak as a fan, relative, etc./...

Aside from taking a timeout home with her, that should have been used to settle her team down at the 5:39 mark of the second qtr. (At this point there had been two offensive sets in disarray with two back to back bad offensive bad shots...Needed a timeout right then... Next 3 possessions: Miss, miss and a turnover.)

Aside from that, I think coaching was very good in this outing. Smartly subbed. The game's flow was controlled by UT.

Shaquilla was very good...

Reactions: 2 people
I consider myself a colleague, when it comes to Holly. So I don't speak as a fan, relative, etc./...

Aside from taking a timeout home with her, that should have been used to settle her team down at the 5:39 mark of the second qtr. (At this point there had been two offensive sets in disarray with two back to back bad offensive bad shots...Needed a timeout right then... Next 3 possessions: Miss, miss and a turnover.)

Aside from that, I think coaching was very good in this outing. Smartly subbed. The game's flow was controlled by UT.

Shaquilla was very good...

:clapping:

VN Store

Back