Game Thread Lady Vols vs Kentucky

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017
Time: 4:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on

ESPN2

you can stream it on

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live
or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are unranked

Kentucky is ranked 17th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 23rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll

no slow start,keep the turnovers down and execute Lady Vols :good!:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 3 people
Date: Sunday, Jan. 1, 2017
Time: 4:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on

ESPN2

you can stream it on

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live
or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are unranked

Kentucky is ranked 17th in the AP Top 25 Poll and 23rd in the USA Today Coaches Poll

no slow start,keep the turnovers down and execute Lady Vols :good!:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Vols got the win wt Kentucky..

Lady Vols by 10. Set the tone ladies! Defense, Rebounds and Good Guard Play win league titles, and consistent energy and effort. lol

During the Holly Warlick era, Tennessee is 50-14 in league games, making Warlick the top-ranked active SEC coach in terms of winning percentage in league play at .781.

South Carolina’s Dawn Staley is the next coach behind Warlick at .659, followed by UK’s Matthew Mitchell at .650.

In only her fifth season as a head coach, Warlick already ranks fifth in wins among active SEC coaches.

Reactions: 4 people
Should be a good game. We cannot let Epps go off and have a career game. Take some charges on those dribble drives.

The KENTUCKY DUKE game was a true example of why a basketball game is 4 quarters. Having watched the first half I would never have predicted the second half play and final score difference.

We need to be ready because I'm sure Epps will be ready. I would say Kyra would love to beat the Lady Vols also in her first game back against them.

The Lady Vols better defend 5 players on that court.

It ain't all about Epps. Yes she's a gamer and can go off for a career night but so can the other Wildcats.

The Lady Vols have a history of letting opposing players have a career night against them. And CHW never has an answer to stop the bleeding. So there's that....

It's fools gold to think that Epps is the only Kentucky player capable of going off.

Defend Lady Vols! Just defend and score.

More than the other team the better.:eek:k:

Epps is definitely the player you have to shut down. They have a couple other good players but none that can shoot the percentages like Epps when she gets going. We have to keep her out of the paint. This should be a win almost a must win can't lose at home in the SEC.

1. "Freshmen reserves help No. 17 Texas women beat Tennessee"
Freshmen Jada Underwood and Joyner Holmes came off the bench to combine for 25 points and both made a pair of free throws in the last 10 seconds to help No. 17 Texas hold off Tennessee 72-67 on Sunday.

I hope Tennessee wins but they must be prepared against Kentucky not just one player.

freaking A, it's cold outside.

Guess who drove thru snow showers today?

Turn the heat on, Percy

hey, Smallvol

I'm planning on coming to the game tomorrow, bringing one of my sisters and anybody else I can drag along.

If you see a tall extremely good looking older gentleman with a white cowboy hat on, I'll be right next to him... lol

No, that's what I'll wear on my head. lol

It ain't all about Epps. Yes she's a gamer and can go off for a career night but so can the other Wildcats.

The Lady Vols have a history of letting opposing players have a career night against them. And CHW never has an answer to stop the bleeding. So there's that....

It's fools gold to think that Epps is the only Kentucky player capable of going off.

Epps and Murray are probably the two biggest concerns. Tennessee has to be able to guard them 1-on-1 and not let them draw multiple defenders and dump the ball to Akhator under the basket for uncontested layups. They haven't been very good at guarding athletic, physical guards so far this season, so that needs to start now. Epps has been a thorn in Tennessee's side for the last 3 seasons, so hopefully they are ready for her.

The X-Factor is Morris. UK is generally not a good outside shooting team, but if she gets hot then it's anybody's game.

The KENTUCKY DUKE game was a true example of why a basketball game is 4 quarters. Having watched the first half I would never have predicted the second half play and final score difference.

Duke is really good this year. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the ACC.

hey, Smallvol

I'm planning on coming to the game tomorrow, bringing one of my sisters and anybody else I can drag along.

If you see a tall extremely good looking older gentleman with a white cowboy hat on, I'll be right next to him... lol

No, that's what I'll wear on my head. lol

Come on over to 105 row 14 and see us. Warning, we are notorious for running late, just sit down, I'll find you with a white hat:). We have four seats, can sit two for sure, and other seats may be available...it's not like the old days:sad:.

This Lady Vols team is hard to figure out because of who we have lost against. Penn State pretty much handled that game. Yet they have been blown out by Indiana and Rutgers in their first two conference games. I hope the team that lost to Penn State doesnt show up tomorrow against the Cats.

So can Diamond Jaime and several of our girls. Sooo

Nice the fewer posts by the haters, now that the Lady Vols put together a nice win streak.

Wut? I can't hear ya. wuteva?

Kentucky don't have anyone able to check Diamond or Nared, so. Let's go ladies, 1st team all SEC performers.

Kentucky better defend all five players on the court for the Lady Vols. ijs

Nice post Ever!

Reactions: 2 people
...The X-Factor is Morris. UK is generally not a good outside shooting team, but if she gets hot then it's anybody's game.

Morris is a completely changed player from last season. When I saw Kentucky in an early-season game a few weeks ago, I didn't even recognize Morris. Not only has her game changed she has somehow changed her looks. She can definitely hurt Tennessee. In some ways this game is tailor-made for Kentucky to score a lot of points. Tennessee's defense is porous enough that if Epps penetrates and kicks out to Morris for a 3-point shot, Tennessee will be unable to defend it. On the other hand if Tennessee plays zone, they are usually so passive that I can still see Morris hitting a few threes from outside the zone.

Another X-Factor will be rebounding. Kentucky's Akhator goes to the boards hard, Tennessee will have to keep her off the boards. Tennessee's shooting is poor enough that if Kentucky is getting defensive rebounds and getting the ball out to Epps and running, Epps is going to go hard to try to get to the basket and score or draw a foul. Tennessee needs some offensive rebounds or high FG % to prevent that.

not quite that bad but this ole florida resident just can't take cold weather no more, lol

I had three layers of clothes on yesterday and it was only into the low 50's. ;)

VN Store

Back