The Streaking Lady Vols

Coach Jumper

I can be there tomorrow
The Women's page on the KY site refers to us as the "streaking Lady Vols"... And they are

The team is going into SEC play with a stronger identity than last year. By far...

We have seen what the best rotation for this team seems to be as well as 6th man.

Unlike last year, we are going into SEC play with some confident shooters...

Unlike last year the girls are comfortable and enjoying themselves, in games.

Cedes is playing her best ball, as is Jaime.
Jordan and Meme have made an in-game connection they can build from. (With Meme's speed, Jordan's efficiency and A\M's shooting,,, We have the gamut at guard)
DD is rested and most likely, restless.
Kortney played the best game and defense I have seen out of her this last game. She wasn't "just a gunner".
Now that the cupcakes are out of the way, we can see if A/M is ready for a slice of chocolate cake.
Shaqui is starting to play in rhythm in the offense. (I truly think she will be A key in SEC play.)
There was a Kamera sighting.

KY will be a good test for us. After the Stanford win, they will be expecting a great outing out of us. If we deliver, we should vault back in the ranks.

Reactions: 5 people
The Women's page on the KY site refers to us as the "streaking Lady Vols"... And they are

The team is going into SEC play with a stronger identity than last year. By far...

We have seen what the best rotation for this team seems to be as well as 6th man.

Unlike last year, we are going into SEC play with some confident shooters...

Unlike last year the girls are comfortable and enjoying themselves, in games.

Cedes is playing her best ball, as is Jaime.
Jordan and Meme have made an in-game connection they can build from. (With Meme's speed, Jordan's efficiency and A\M's shooting,,, We have the gamut at guard)
DD is rested and most likely, restless.
Kortney played the best game and defense I have seen out of her this last game. She wasn't "just a gunner".
Now that the cupcakes are out of the way, we can see if A/M is ready for a slice of chocolate cake.
Shaqui is starting to play in rhythm in the offense. (I truly think she will be A key in SEC play.)
There was a Kamera sighting.

KY will be a good test for us. After the Stanford win, they will be expecting a great outing out of us. If we deliver, we should vault back in the ranks.

They play better team ball without diamond

Reactions: 4 people

I would be very surprised if KY beats Tennessee. They don't have a bench, and they don't have a lot of post offense. Rice isn't very good on offense or defense, and Akhator is a bit undersized to be playing the low post. Even though she's physical, I don't think she will be able to defend Mercedes.

KY lives and dies by how much scoring Epps and Murray do. The only way they have a chance is if Akhator can establish herself on offense and keep Mercedes out of position in defense, and Morris lights it up from the perimeter. This should easily be a 10+ point game for Tennessee.

They also play no defense without Diamond. 84 points allowed against Troy? That won't cut it against a tournament quality team.

Reactions: 3 people
image.png

Reactions: 1 person

Yes, yes, Diamond is disruptive, selfish, blah, blah, blah.

The LVs beat a pair of unranked teams where they had significant advantages in terms of athleticism and size advantages. So, you would expect them to play well and be able to move the ball, because they were not getting much pressure from their opponents (particularly as the game wore on).

Much of the difference actually lies with Jordan doing a much better job at PG; what remains to be seen if she can translate that improved performance to SEC competition.

Against better comp, you can rest assured the LVs will need Diamond's offensive spark and her ability to press on the defensive end.

Reactions: 7 people
Where did they perform this streaking .....on Peyton Manning BVLD ? Wish I had been there to observe:)

Good post!

I agree that Jordan and MeMe are the key. IF the Lady Vols can keep pushing the ball and play fast they are a much better team.

Good quality guard play consistently is the KEY! Jordan Reynolds must be in attack mode. Defense remains the top priority. The LVS constantly get beat by smaller and quicker guards that's where Cedes and Nunn must protect the paint.

It's up to the coaching staff to make sure they have game plan for success.

I have my doubts about that though. We shall see.

But yeah we can and should beat Kentucky. That's if Mercedes plays like she's 6'6. Kentucky can't guard that!

Not at all, Restless, and ready to play.

I knew the title would get me heckled after I posted it.
Any way lesson learned.
I think I will leave this page to the streakers

Coach Jumper don't mind the streakers. Keep posting your thoughts on the games. I appreciate it.:)

Wilt Chamberlain can be found for study on You Tube.
Great enough to average 50 points a game for a full season and still
bring the rest of the team together. Even though he was mainly a
slam dunker he had great moves and passes for posts to learn and emulate
on both ends of the court.

Yes, yes, Diamond is disruptive, selfish, blah, blah, blah.

The LVs beat a pair of unranked teams where they had significant advantages in terms of athleticism and size advantages. So, you would expect them to play well and be able to move the ball, because they were not getting much pressure from their opponents (particularly as the game wore on).

Much of the difference actually lies with Jordan doing a much better job at PG; what remains to be seen if she can translate that improved performance to SEC competition.

Against better comp, you can rest assured the LVs will need Diamond's offensive spark and her ability to press on the defensive end.

Agree with you for the most part. And Jordan looked to set up teammates in the first half except towards the end. Since becoming aggressive on both ends she has shown what she's capable of. I just hope she continue the trend. Without it we wont go far in post season play. But i feel she has the goods.

I think Diamond does need to get into the team concept like Reynolds has done and try to find the player with the best shot. Resist shooting the three and taking it to the basket in traffic and instead work for those 10 footers like Reynolds has been making we can shoot another high percentage if we continue this thought process on offense.

VN Store

Back