2018 LV Recruits on the Radar

I am hoping for Ododa and 15 and 26 seem to be very receptive to Tennessee. I don't know if we take more than four expect five is possible because you really don't want to turn down a top ten player.

Reactions: 1 person
I am hoping for Ododa and 15 and 26 seem to be very receptive to Tennessee. I don't know if we take more than four expect five is possible because you really don't want to turn down a top ten player.

The two guards you mention both play for a Chattanooga team and MAY want to play together in college? They both have multiple offers and have already visited!!! This school travels all over ! They do not just play in their area but all over the United States. This experience will help them in college rather than a player just playing in their own state?

Reactions: 2 people

I've read much about Ododa on the board but we already have a verbal at her position in Collins.

I'm thinking Christyn and Jazmine as LVs.

I've read much about Ododa on the board but we already have a verbal at her position in Collins.

Actually, Nelson-Ododa and Collons would complement each other in the post position and could, and would, easily play along side each other. Nelson-Ododa is more of a true center with forward skills, while Collins is more of a power forward.

Jim

Reactions: 4 people
Actually, Nelson-Ododa and Collons would complement each other in the post position and could, and would, easily play along side each other. Nelson-Ododa is more of a true center with forward skills, while Collins is more of a power forward.

Jim

Yeah I can see that also. But where would that leave Kasi? She'll only be a sophomore.

We can never have too many post players but I worry nonetheless because of our coaching staff. Developing and implementing the players into a system remains suspect. Unfortunately it's a balancing act for Tennessee. I'll take the best players foremost and worried about that other stuff later. :eek:k:

Get the center and Balogun, the shooting guard from Tennessee. We need some real scorers.

By 2018 we'll only have three post so far on the team. With Green, Kasi, and Amira, then Green could leave after the 2018 season not saying that she will but it's a possibility. I'm sure they're full court pressing for another post. Knowing how bad we get riddled with injuries every year. We could do a guard , forward, and another post.

Didn't UCONN just sign like 4 guards in the top 50 for the 2017 recruiting class? Crazy if she goes there especially if she wants to play right away.

There will be transfers. Maybe not Walker or Williams if she signs there, but the other combo guards will see the writing on the wall and realize that if they want to play meaningful minutes, then it's time to pack up.

By 2018 we'll only have three post so far on the team. With Green, Kasi, and Amira, then Green could leave after the 2018 season not saying that she will but it's a possibility. I'm sure they're full court pressing for another post. Knowing how bad we get riddled with injuries every year. We could do a guard , forward, and another post.

Don't forget Kamera Harris.

If they get Odoba, then that will be a nice rotation of Odoba/Kasi as starters and Amira and Kamera as reserves. Odoba could also play alongside Amira. If Green stays, then that's even more depth.

Yeah I can see that also. But where would that leave Kasi? She'll only be a sophomore.

We can never have too many post players but I worry nonetheless because of our coaching staff. Developing and implementing the players into a system remains suspect. Unfortunately it's a balancing act for Tennessee. I'll take the best players foremost and worried about that other stuff later. :eek:k:

With Nelson-Ododa (hopefully) and Collins, we would have Cheridene Green as a RS-SR, Harris as a Jr and KK as a sophomore in 2018. Not by any means too many post players, and probably the right mix of talent.

Per the discussion about guards/wings, it is going to be hard to get a top ten point guard just because we will have Cooper as a RS-Jr and Hayes as a sophomore, but getting Massengill and Balogun (if they really are a package) and Izabella Nicoletti or Aquira DeCosta would ease the pain rather well, in my opinion

Jim

Reactions: 3 people
I do not think we get Olivia . As we will be post heavy but I do think we need a forward like Dixon and two guards that can shoot

I prefer all three. I think Ododa and Collins would compliment each other nicely. Along with KK and Green (for her senior season.) And I almost forgot about Harris. That's a nice, versatile and lengthy post rotation. I really like both Christyn and Jazmine and hope they would like to play together at Tennessee, but for some reason I feel like it's one or the other. I hope I'm wrong though. The thought of a backcourt consisting of Cooper, Hayes, Westbrook, Davis and Massengill and/or Williams is scary. If Williams is a UCONN lean I'd pursue Massengill heavily. Both Cooper and Hayes are smaller guards and Massengill and Westbrook would give Tennessee length and capable defenders at the guard position, something we currently lack. I would consider Davis a wing, and wouldn't be surprised to see her starting her Sophomore year. With Diamond (if she stays for her SR season) and Nared graduating after next season, a wing like DeCosta should be a priority as well. But I really like Ododa, Williams and Massengill to go with Collins. But I'm just a fan who's optimistic about the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
We are in good position with Nicoletti, Nelson-Ododa and DeCosta as of now, especially Nicoletti who has Evina in her ear from what I've heard.

Nicoletti is the best shooter/scorer in 2018, possibly in all of high school right now. The girl flat out just knocks down her shots and plays light years ahead of her age. I have heard 4 different people now who are close to the program say she is likely down to us and another school... not UConn though.

Nelson-Ododa is close with the DeShields camp and so there is an established connection. That will help with familiarity at least. She is not going to care about competition wherever she goes. She also trains with Kelley Cain.

DeCosta has been high on Tennessee for a long time now and I believe Jolette has been the main recruiter for her services and there is a close connection there. Aquira and Evina were AAU teammates and are close friends. We are in her top 6. She, IMO, is the best player in 2018 based on where she is at and her incredibly high potential.

The Tennessee girls will be high on our lists but we will have South Carolina and Kentucky going toe to toe with us, among others. I think between Dixon, Balogun and Massengill we have the best shot at Balogun. With Collins and if we get Nelson-Ododa I would expect our post recruiting to be done for 2018... Especially since DeCosta being a possibility and she can play the 3 or 4 spot.

Reactions: 4 people
If we can land Nicoletti that would huge specially because she is supeb passer which help when you have a ton talent on one team. Just look how Lonzo Ball from UCLA make such a different to that team with his passing. I also read that she as the attitude of Diana Taurasi when it comes to winning. To me that is very important because not all talent players have that I'm win at any cost mentality. Players that do have that mentality can elevate team to win no matter if the team is play bad and aren't afraid of the big moments.

We are in good position with Nicoletti, Nelson-Ododa and DeCosta as of now, especially Nicoletti who has Evina in her ear from what I've heard.

Nicoletti is the best shooter/scorer in 2018, possibly in all of high school right now. The girl flat out just knocks down her shots and plays light years ahead of her age. I have heard 4 different people now who are close to the program say she is likely down to us and another school... not UConn though.

Nelson-Ododa is close with the DeShields camp and so there is an established connection. That will help with familiarity at least. She is not going to care about competition wherever she goes. She also trains with Kelley Cain.

DeCosta has been high on Tennessee for a long time now and I believe Jolette has been the main recruiter for her services and there is a close connection there. Aquira and Evina were AAU teammates and are close friends. We are in her top 6. She, IMO, is the best player in 2018 based on where she is at and her incredibly high potential.

The Tennessee girls will be high on our lists but we will have South Carolina and Kentucky going toe to toe with us, among others. I think between Dixon, Balogun and Massengill we have the best shot at Balogun. With Collins and if we get Nelson-Ododa I would expect our post recruiting to be done for 2018... Especially since DeCosta being a possibility and she can play the 3 or 4 spot.

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks to everyone for contributing there insight on the recruits! It's an exciting time right now especially that our Lady Vols are on a 5 game winning streak beating not one but two Top 25 teams in the process!

It appears that the team is trending up and not down. :dance:

GOLADYVOLS!:)

VN Store

Back