3974 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar Page 5. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-12-2017, 03:50 PM   #61
Ladyvol777

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Would love to have 1. Olivia Nelson-Ododa, 2. Izabella Nicoletti , 3. Aquira DeCosta, 4. Jazmine Massengill because of the school she plays for, We have 5. Amira Collins. If and I hope not Mercedes Russell and or Diamond DeShields leaves. then also Elizabeth Balogun, team mate of Jazmine Massengill, and Honesty Scott-Grayson. The Lady Vols will have 6 spots open. If MR and DD leaves they will have 8. Can't wait to see Cheridene Green play next year.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 06:25 PM   #62
mtsuraider06

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
For people saying how bad a coach Holly is, she is about to get another top commit in the near future.

She must be doing something right.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 06:34 PM   #63
Amb3096

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtsuraider06 View Post
For people saying how bad a coach Holly is, she is about to get another top commit in the near future.

She must be doing something right.
She's doing a fine job getting recruits...Which could also be attributed to the fact that the programs' rich history can sell itself.

But even you must admit that she's doing a poor job on the court.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 06:59 PM   #64
mtsuraider06

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
My biggest gripe with Holly is that she doesn't use her timeouts efficiently. Other than that, I don't have a problem with her.

I have a problem with us getting a lead and then firing up bad shots. I have a problem with stupid lackadaisical plays that cause turnovers that lead to large runs for the other team. If we had a better bench, Holly could sub out for players that are making these plays. We don't though. Holly has to play the players she trusts, and right now, that's seven players on a good night.

Holly is no different now than when the team two years ago went 30-6. She is coaching the exact same way. The difference, we had a larger bench and more contributors to pull from. We don't have that this year. Having Cooper & Green available would've helped this team so much. But, it is what it is. I don't blame Holly for everything because I know what she has done in the past. I blame the players, who have been playing basketball their entire lives, for not knowing a good shot or a bad shot, a good pass or a bad pass, etc.
VN Likes: 8
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 07:10 PM   #65
sccshortstop

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Lady Vols

Quote:
My biggest gripe with Holly is that she doesn't use her timeouts efficiently. Other than that, I don't have a problem with her.

I have a problem with us getting a lead and then firing up bad shots. I have a problem with stupid lackadaisical plays that cause turnovers that lead to large runs for the other team. If we had a better bench, Holly could sub out for players that are making these plays. We don't though. Holly has to play the players she trusts, and right now, that's seven players on a good night.

Holly is no different now than when the team two years ago went 30-6. She is coaching the exact same way. The difference, we had a larger bench and more contributors to pull from. We don't have that this year. Having Cooper & Green available would've helped this team so much. But, it is what it is. I don't blame Holly for everything because I know what she has done in the past. I blame the players, who have been playing basketball their entire lives, for not knowing a good shot or a bad shot, a good pass or a bad pass, etc.
I always like to hear what you have to offer Raider and this time is no different. Scratching my head on the next great recruit and who that is too.
I have been pissed all year and other years as well about the lack of using a timeout to stop a run. All the great ones do it but not HW. One other thing that pisses me off is when she is steadily waving her arms for them to push it up the floor and then they stop and hold the ball until the clock winds down and defeats the purpose of getting up the floor fast as well.
Finally as I have said since practice started this bench as short and weak as it is will kill us. It does and it has. That is not any players fault but the fault to HW because she did not get any recruits you might say this past year. Like in football injuries are part of the game and the buck stops with her!!
Thanks
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 07:43 PM   #66
alexvol

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Quote:

I have great respect for anything you post especially when it comes to recruiting.But ,the things you reference that trouble you in this team's failures and more and more in a losing effort are directly attributable to very poor Coaching and leadership ....it has been happening for three years now ......it's about time that everyone take a breath and realize that Coaching is a huge,huge problem at the University of Tennessee Lady Vols BB team and corrective action needs to take place soon ....like at the conclusion of this season.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #67
mtsuraider06

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexvol View Post
I have great respect for anything you post especially when it comes to recruiting.But ,the things you reference that trouble you in this team's failures and more and more in a losing effort are directly attributable to very poor Coaching and leadership ....it has been happening for three years now ......it's about time that everyone take a breath and realize that Coaching is a huge,huge problem at the University of Tennessee Lady Vols BB team and corrective action needs to take place soon ....like at the conclusion of this season.
Holly isn't going anywhere, so anyone who doesn't like her should find another team to root for and avoid any undue stress on your life. Holly is not leaving unless she decides to. Period.
VN Likes: 6
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 08:04 PM   #68
sccshortstop

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Quote:
Holly isn't going anywhere, so anyone who doesn't like her should find another team to root for and avoid any undue stress on your life. Holly is not leaving unless she decides to. Period.
And that is exactly what is happening if you look at the stands during their games now. Most there are elderly and they hung in during Pats reign and will not reup for much longer.

I do agree that she is not leaving unless by her own free will.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 08:15 PM   #69
alexvol

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Quote:
It is not a matter of like or dislike of Holly .Rather it is a recognition of how she has wrecked the program that is disliked .Heck .I like Holly .I think she is a great person and has devoted her entire adult life to the Lady Vols but that does not diminish the most damaging effect she is having as a coach of the Lady Vols.Anyone with any basic knowledge of basketball understands that .I have rooted for the Lady Vols since 1977 so please do not challenge my fandom . And ,my life is not stressed at all.That is a very strong statement that she will not leave unless she decides to leave .She just might be nudged by the next Athletic Director to seriously consider retirement...that would be the best of all worlds both for her,the University and the Lady Vols Basketball Program.Hopefully she will come to that conclusion on her own at season's end this year.
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 08:23 PM   #70
Nute Gunray

Quote:

I agree with some of the things you stated in your assessment of the Ole Miss loss. However, bad shots. poor passing, turnovers on a consistent basis is a coaching problem. Does UCONN have all the mature players and TN have all the immature ones? I think not. The difference is coaching.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 08:27 PM   #71
Nute Gunray

Quote:
It is not a matter of like or dislike of Holly .Rather it is a recognition of how she has wrecked the program that is disliked .Heck .I like Holly .I think she is a great person and has devoted her entire adult life to the Lady Vols but that does not diminish the most damaging effect she is having as a coach of the Lady Vols.Anyone with any basic knowledge of basketball understands that .I have rooted for the Lady Vols since 1977 so please do not challenge my fandom . And ,my life is not stressed at all.That is a very strong statement that she will not leave unless she decides to leave .She just might be nudged by the next Athletic Director to seriously consider retirement...that would be the best of all worlds both for her,the University and the Lady Vols Basketball Program.Hopefully she will come to that conclusion on her own at season's end this year.
Well said!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 08:53 PM   #72
LadyVol1908

I'm willing to bet my mortgage, car, life insurance policy, 401k and anything else of materialistic value that this team will look totally different next year WITH HOLLY AT THE HELM....injury free and Mercedes stays, we lose no more than 5 games.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 09:01 PM   #73
alexvol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVol1908 View Post
I'm willing to bet my mortgage, car, life insurance policy, 401k and anything else of materialistic value that this team will look totally different next year WITH HOLLY AT THE HELM....injury free and Mercedes stays, we lose no more than 5 games.
Just how much does that amount to because I will seriously consider taking you up on that bet and you can be assured I can cover it.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 09:54 PM   #74
Ladyvol777

Quote:
Just how much does that amount to because I will seriously consider taking you up on that bet and you can be assured I can cover it.
I'll take what you don't want.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-13-2017, 10:16 PM   #75
wtorange

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVol1908 View Post
If I were you I would not bet that way. Its a sure way to lose money.
Reply With Quote TOP