2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar  
598 users online now!    CONTACT US | ADVERTISE | REGISTER       

About this Page -- This is a discussion on 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar Page 3. within the forum Tennessee Lady Vols. ...

Go Back   VolNation > >

Old 01-02-2017, 08:48 PM   #31
volman128

We are also in good standing with Nicoletti. I was told it's between us and Florida State.
VN Likes: 5
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2017, 06:03 PM   #32
Orange_Mamba

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Had no idea Grayson Scott transferred to Paul VI. I guess she's looking for tougher competition spent her freshman season at Riverdale Baptist, sophomore at Blair Academy, and now her junior at Paul VI. Paul VI is MiMi Collins school and UCONN's Mikayla Vaughn.

Last edited by Orange_Mamba; 01-04-2017 at 06:05 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2017, 07:41 PM   #33
westtnvoljackson

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Vaughn is headed to Notre dame not uconn.
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-04-2017, 10:48 PM   #34
volfanIND

2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
2018 LV Recruits on the Radar 2018 LV Recruits on the Radar
Nicoletti's game reminds me so much of Shoni Schimmel but more control. Her basketball IQ is something that sets her apart in this class. Her and Westbrook would really compliment one another if she came to us. Nicoletti doesn't have the speed, but her IQ makes up for all of that.
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2017, 02:47 AM   #35
T.J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfanIND View Post
Nicoletti's game reminds me so much of Shoni Schimmel but more control. Her basketball IQ is something that sets her apart in this class. Her and Westbrook would really compliment one another if she came to us. Nicoletti doesn't have the speed, but her IQ makes up for all of that.
She reads to be a gamer and a fun one to watch, too!

Tennessee hasn't had a player that fits that description since Shannon Bobbitt. Alexa Middleton gives us a flash of that but she's not consistent as of yet. She'll get there though that's what I'm hoping for anyway.

I hope we land Nicoletti.
GOLadyVols!
VN Likes: 1
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #36
Bernard

TN is in great shape on the recruiting trail for P Ododa #1, G Nicoletti #3, W DeCosta#6, PG Scott- Grayson#11, G Balogun #15, F Dixon #20 and PG Massengill#26. We already have a verbal from, F Amira Collins ranked #27th by ESPN and #8th by Prospect Nation!! I see another top 3 class for 2018, we will get 3 or 4 of the above mentioned young ladies, count on it!! My preference is Ododa, DeCosta, Massengill and Balogun all 4 are very athletic and interchangeable, as always GO LADY VOLS!!!!
VN Likes: 4
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2017, 02:03 PM   #37
Only1COJ

I just hope the LadyVols don't end up like UNC a few years ago when everyone transferred. I believe UNC had the #1 recruiting class with hopes of rebuilding their program too. I know there was more involved, but I just hope we can keep all of these recruits happy!!
VN Likes: 2
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2017, 03:36 PM   #38
LadyVol1908

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only1COJ View Post
I just hope the LadyVols don't end up like UNC a few years ago when everyone transferred. I believe UNC had the #1 recruiting class with hopes of rebuilding their program too. I know there was more involved, but I just hope we can keep all of these recruits happy!!
I think there's a different culture here at UT! UNC was in the midst of academic scandal and sanctions....I believe that could have been a big reason most jumped ship then.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2017, 04:12 PM   #39
tennparker3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyVol1908 View Post
I think there's a different culture here at UT! UNC was in the midst of academic scandal and sanctions....I believe that could have been a big reason most jumped ship then.

They also jumped ship because none of them were 100% on their decision after committing. Even Jessica Washington, who was considered the only one as a UNC lean at the time of commitment, has stated her decision at the time was rushed along with the academic scandal factoring in and for her, playing time.

Mavunga wanted to play with Russell and had a twitter meltdown when she found out Russell was no longer considering UNC because all four of them tried to get her to go there.

Diamond and Allisha always thought it would be great to play together and that factored in to a quick decision. Diamond wanted to transfer though almost as soon as she got there. Allisha transferred because she was worried about her hard work in academics being looked at negatively because of UNC's academic scandal and she didn't want to be tied to it. Allisha would've been a Lady Vol had Sylvia not blocked a transfer to Tennessee for her.

Tennessee's 2017 all took their time and made their visits. Their decision were extremely thought out. They are nothing like that UNC class.
VN Likes: 10
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-05-2017, 07:50 PM   #40
mlindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennparker3 View Post
They also jumped ship because none of them were 100% on their decision after committing. Even Jessica Washington, who was considered the only one as a UNC lean at the time of commitment, has stated her decision at the time was rushed along with the academic scandal factoring in and for her, playing time.

Mavunga wanted to play with Russell and had a twitter meltdown when she found out Russell was no longer considering UNC because all four of them tried to get her to go there.

Diamond and Allisha always thought it would be great to play together and that factored in to a quick decision. Diamond wanted to transfer though almost as soon as she got there. Allisha transferred because she was worried about her hard work in academics being looked at negatively because of UNC's academic scandal and she didn't want to be tied to it. Allisha would've been a Lady Vol had Sylvia not blocked a transfer to Tennessee for her.

Tennessee's 2017 all took their time and made their visits. Their decision were extremely thought out. They are nothing like that UNC class.
Did she (Hatchell) block Mavunga too? If so, Wow how much more of a contender we be right now with a potential lineup of;

Gray
Diamond
Nared
Mavunga
Russell

Oh well
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-06-2017, 12:15 PM   #41
mike099

Just looking at the espn recruiting list and there is a 6-6 freshman(class of 2020) at Hamilton Heights in Chattanooga. If she develops, everyone will be after her services.
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-07-2017, 02:35 AM   #42
tennparker3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlindsay View Post
Did she (Hatchell) block Mavunga too? If so, Wow how much more of a contender we be right now with a potential lineup of;

Gray
Diamond
Nared
Mavunga
Russell

Oh well
Mavunga was not blocked. When Mavunga, Gray and Washington all left they gave a list to Sylvia as to what schools they were interested in which is how transfers usually do it. Gray is the only one who listed Tennessee and Sylvia blocked it because she still believes Tennessee did something to get Diamond to leave (Tennessee didn't) and didn't want to lose another player to us. She had no idea Mavunga was going to take a visit to Knoxville as it was a last minute decision.

I'm not to upset with missing out on Mavunga for various reasons.
VN Likes: 3
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 06:45 AM   #43
mlindsay

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennparker3 View Post
Mavunga was not blocked. When Mavunga, Gray and Washington all left they gave a list to Sylvia as to what schools they were interested in which is how transfers usually do it. Gray is the only one who listed Tennessee and Sylvia blocked it because she still believes Tennessee did something to get Diamond to leave (Tennessee didn't) and didn't want to lose another player to us. She had no idea Mavunga was going to take a visit to Knoxville as it was a last minute decision.

I'm not to upset with missing out on Mavunga for various reasons.
Aight cool, thanks for the info!
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-08-2017, 06:46 AM   #44
mlindsay

Anybody know if there will be any unofficial visits at the Miss State game today?
Reply With Quote TOP
Old 01-10-2017, 08:57 PM   #45
shiverz

NA

Last edited by shiverz; 01-10-2017 at 09:10 PM..
Reply With Quote TOP