Middleton make 7 7-pointers

flint

This was the headline when I open the website today.

MIDDLETON SCORES 29, LADY VOLS BEAT TROY, 110-84
Alexa Middleton made seven 7-pointers and Jaime Nared, Mercedes Russell and Jordan Reynolds recorded double-doubles

Wow didn't know you could do that.:loco:

Alexa Middleton made seven 7-pointers and Jaime Nared, Mercedes Russell and Jordan Reynolds recorded double-doubles

All it takes is the right influence.

Coach Jumper, I don't know you, but I believe a big thank you is in order for what you did to help AM. Her turnaround is jaw-dropping. I believe you should be on the staff. Is that even a remote possibility? :hi:

I think we should work to get her a few open looks every game drive and kick we haven't done much of that this season. In last nights game Troy was giving her the shot most of the time and she delivered.

But when did they add a 7 point shot? We can't even get someone to proof read before they post on utsports. WTF

Reactions: 2 people
Coach Jumper, I don't know you, but I believe a big thank you is in order for what you did to help AM. Her turnaround is jaw-dropping. I believe you should be on the staff. Is that even a remote possibility? :hi:

I have been told all of my life "You can't do that, it's impossible.". . . But Momma told me all my youth... "Son if it can be done, you can do it".

I believe her, not them.

One of the earliest responses since my joining VN was "If you make staff at UT using this site, it would be the greatest feat in VolNation History.

In less than a year from my first post here, everyone within the UT org has heard of Coach Jumper....The interesting part, dilly, is... "I am more than ready for an opportunity of this magnitude. I am Not in the least intimidated by the possibility of this happening. In fact I stand ready to prove worthy.

I thank you for your support. dilly.
At some point, it WILL happen.

Reactions: 2 people
Meme could use your help. She has the tools, but she does not seem to know what to do most of the time.

Reactions: 1 person
Meme could use your help. She has the tools, but she does not seem to know what to do most of the time.

Funny you should bring that up.
I sent her an email before this last game.
;o)

I told her,

"Understand that the worse thing you can do for yourself is go in and play "careful" minutes.
If you don't dot in on your statline, you've not impacted the game.
Play hard on defense, take a charge, foul a driver...Make Some Noise, Kiddo, give Holly a reason to remember you for next time"

Whether or not those words affected her performance last night, I can't be certain. But what I can say is her performance was much more memorable than it usually was.

Last edited:
Would a 7 pointer be from the opponent's free throw line? That would be worth 7!

The headline was provided by the National Seismological Centre based in Nepal. That much success from 3-point range in one game for the Lady Vols registered a 7.0 on the Richter Scale! 😜

Middleton is a lot better that is for sure . Now I want to see that against Kentucky

She is ready to have a big game, in a "big" game.

Those guards for Troy were much better than expected...
a perfect wake-up call for the girls, for an even lesser ranked UNCW foe.

That's 49 points right there so it's no wonder we won.:p

VN Store

Back