Is Diamond injured ?

Not her knee at all. He mentioned her thumb as did Dan Fleser. Her thumb against App State. Will most likely sit out the next 2 games. She is expected back on Jan 1st against UK

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
all I know is "Thank GOD we had DD" and Stanford doesn't. Big shot maker and Defensive POG for that tip away near the end of the game when UT was beginning to frazzle.

Reactions: 4 people
Diamond played fine today

The team shot 39% primarily against man defense and only scored 59 points. Diamond took the most shots on the team (she is a volume shooter) but only shot 29%. The rest of the team shot 43%. The team would have been better served if she let someone else shoot (meaning someone who can get the ball through the basket at a higher clip). A win is a win, but Diamond has to get her teammates involved, especially since they all shoot so much better than she does.

Reactions: 5 people
The team shot 39% primarily against man defense and only scored 59 points. Diamond took the most shots on the team (she is a volume shooter) but only shot 29%. The rest of the team shot 43%. The team would have been better served if she let someone else shoot (meaning someone who can get the ball through the basket at a higher clip). A win is a win, but Diamond has to get her teammates involved, especially since they all shoot so much better than she does.

I'm glad the lady Vols beat Stanford.

I am also glad I'm not the only one who sees this. I am not a fan of Diamond. I think she is not a team player and her selfish play may push Holly out the door.

Just when things seem to be turning around, they always seem to get that disruptive injury. Hopefully DD will keep her edge during the convalesce.

Reactions: 3 people

DD also had some great passes for assists and some turnovers trying to make assists. Her main job is to create scoring opportunities. Many of her misses were we shot used her speed and handle to get a good 10 foot jumper or a shot at the rim. She just misses a lot of easy shots (the misses are the problem not a shot). SHe also gave great effort on the defensive end, not the typical trait of a selfish player.

She was about 3 easy shots away from having an AA performance.

Reactions: 8 people
It seems as though no matter what either do (Holly or DD) they will always be hated....Diamond had some key defensive stops (Block, Rebound, & steal) late in the game that saved us, she also make some key shots and passes when it seem like we were about to give the game away.....

A competitor is what she is a selfish player is what she is not! She wants to win and doesn't understand why they aren't, yesterday showed what we can do when we come to play! I think this is the start of something and I hope it continues!

We better dominate Troy and UNC-Willimgton without her, because she does a lot that many of you dont see (as she is really the player most teams scout to stop on this team)

Reactions: 12 people
It seems as though no matter what either do (Holly or DD) they will always be hated....Diamond had some key defensive stops (Block, Rebound, & steal) late in the game that saved us, she also make some key shots and passes when it seem like we were about to give the game away.....

A competitor is what she is a selfish player is what she is not! She wants to win and doesn't understand why they aren't, yesterday showed what we can do when we come to play! I think this is the start of something and I hope it continues!

We better dominate Troy and UNC-Willimgton without her, because she does a lot that many of you dont see (as she is really the player most teams scout to stop on this team)

I am mystified that there is as much negative Diamond sentiment expressed on this board. I will preface that I am sure the vast majority of LV nation are thrilled to have DD on the team.

But the naysayers, I really think they are overreacting to Diamond's facial expression. One common complaint is that she "pouts" too much; Diamond is not pouting on the court; Her serious face, owing to the structure of her lips, looks like pouting. She is a very pretty gal but she does have a pouty expression, when she is not smiling. But that expression does not indicate what her actual emotional state is. Everything about her actions as a player signals, that she is a team player.

I just want DD to start finish the easy shots she creates for herself. Her shooting % and sometimes trying to force passes are her only negatives against a lot of positives.

Reactions: 12 people
she looked beautiful to me.. don't care if she missed a shot or three, she saved our bacon the last half of the 4th period.

Reactions: 8 people

I'm glad you and madtown post. With the trolls and negajerks (NOT negavols) that post on here, it is nice to have intelligent and knowledgeable posters not eaten up by envy and insecurity of some very talented 18-20 year olds.

Reactions: 2 people
With diamond out 2 games we are down to 8 or maybe 7 depending on the status of Dunbar. I wonder if we play zone more the next two games.

VN Store

Back