Alexa Middleton??????????????????????

jwhite9

So far Middleton has taken only 1 shot which she has made. Why doesn't she shoot more against top notch teams. Against weaker opponents she's always aggressive on the offensive side of the ball but not when we play ranked teams. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HER TO SHOT MORE. She's clearly the best shooter on the team.

Reactions: 2 people
Alexa came alive on both ends in the 3rd and now the 4th. She has 5 pts. But clearly she should shoot more.

Our other shooter Kortney Dunbar as a junior is just sitting on the bench cheering.

I swear that is just one of the reasons why I want Holly gone.

Reactions: 2 people
So far Middleton has taken only 1 shot which she has made. Why doesn't she shoot more against top notch teams. Against weaker opponents she's always aggressive on the offensive side of the ball but not when we play ranked teams. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL HER TO SHOT MORE. She's clearly the best shooter on the team.

I said it dat TN got dis win today.. Everyone playing good. Middleton great player..

She's following the appropriate game plan

Reactions: 3 people
The three and the midrange jumper she hit curling off a screen were both contested shota, and she calmly hit both. She had provided some good on the ball pressure and picked up steals and caused turnovers. Good game from Alexa.

Reactions: 5 people
Exactly. She didn't score a lot of points, but she did a lot of other things right. The team's average hustle goes way up when she comes in the game too.

She played great and remember Dunbar has an injury but we played a good game have to get better but moving in right area

Reactions: 1 person

Against a top notch team she is out of her league don`t have the skills to play on that level.

against a top notch team she is out of her league don`t have the skills to play on that level.

she
just
did!

If you will think about it, she came in at a 11-4 deficit and the game turned with her entrance to the court.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Against a top notch team she is out of her league don`t have the skills to play on that level.

She has more than enough skill. Her skill (passing/ball handling/court vision/shooting/etc) might be the best on the team. Against very athletic teams her limited speed/quickness limits her opportunities to make shots/plays.

Ah, the comical contradictions.

Alexa is the definition of a role player. She is finding ways to be effective in that role (which depending on the competition is more or less scoring oriented). Holly and staff have helped design that role. AM playing that role effectively, helped the LVs beat a top 10 team. Maybe this thread should be celebrating an instance of good coaching and a coachable player...

Reactions: 10 people
Ah, the comical contradictions.

Alexa is the definition of a role player. She is finding ways to be effective in that role (which depending on the competition is more or less scoring oriented). Holly and staff have helped design that role. AM playing that role effectively, helped the LVs beat a top 10 team. Maybe this thread should be celebrating an instance of good coaching and a coachable player...

Nah. Where's the fun in that. Some of our so knowledgeable "fans" would rather dis a girl who gives her all in a very competitive arena than give her even a fair share of kudos. And, yes, if any "fans" out there are wondering, AM and DD are great both as players and people. And so are our other Lady Vols!

Edit: **##**## autocorrect

Last edited:
I love the way Alexa plays - aggressive and like she wants it - she is all in!! I have seen some be critical of it on here, but I like the way she blazes down the court. Just love her, period! She walked over to say hi to me after the game and thanked me for coming - a dear young woman!

Love me some DD too. She is just beautiful to watch. Y'all know I am no basketball guru, so I am not sure of the correct technical term here - but the way she can go up and hang in the air and maneuver her body around a defender for a shot - Lawd Jesus! It just amazes me! I believe Diamond is a sweet girl - and misunderstood by many. I think she can get down on herself and may be like me in that her face shows her emotions. She cracks me up in her press conferences! Comes out with that bun on top of her head, those glasses on, and will almost always have her earrings on. (I don't know why, but I find this endearing.) As athletic as she is and graceful on the court, I have seen her knock over the microphone or run into a chair as she's leaving...one time she was tapping on the mic and blowing into it because she thought it wasn't working and someone was like, "Diamond! It's on!" and her eyes got big and she was like, "Ohhhhhhh....sorry!" 😂

After the game yesterday, I met Kam Harris, who is just the sweetest and Mercedes, who is a doll and thanked me for coming.

I admit - I am biased and blinded by love for all these girls. I want them to have a good season so very badly. I was so happy and proud for them yesterday!

(Okay, I'm done fangurling now!)

Go Lady Vols! 💙🍊🏀✨

Reactions: 8 people
What injury?

She has a foot injury that is slow to heal. I really would like to see her play some more when she is able. I know she is slow, but perhaps they could run some screens for her to take some 3 pointers.

She has a foot injury that is slow to heal. I really would like to see her play some more when she is able. I know she is slow, but perhaps they could run some screens for her to take some 3 pointers.

You have to balance what Dunbar can provide on offense vs what she's likely to give up on defense. While the same is true of Alexa, she is much more versatile on offense instead of being restricted to a perimeter shooting role.

Alexa will be just fine :) she has shown a lot of improvement in her career as a Lady Vol and I do expect a lot more improvement in the future just hide and watch

Alexa will be just fine :) she has shown a lot of improvement in her career as a Lady Vol and I do expect a lot more improvement in the future just hide and watch

Fine indeed.

On a night when the team struggled and DD was sidelined, A/M goes for a career high. Against a worthy group pf guards for Troy. . . Except for ONE errrrrrant pass. A showboater behind the back for a potential feed. . . But face it. For us that was there,,,,If it had worked,,,, we so needed a reason to erupt..And that would have been it.

Right after a called timeout in the second, the air went out of the tires for the team. We were up by 22... Before the T-O ...After it, a frustrating second qtr was hard to watch, we only led by 7 at the half.

Then the girls got comfortable again. and the game began to "come to them" in its truest meaning.

Meme and A/M had the best outtings to me. Jordan had a pretty good one. Merce got tripled every time she touched the ball. (She has to work on passing out of a triple). Qui had a decent outing.

There was a Kamera sighting.
Nope.
it was a mirage. ;o)

A\M went off.
I am glad I got to see it.

Alexa came alive on both ends in the 3rd and now the 4th. She has 5 pts. But clearly she should shoot more.

Our other shooter Kortney Dunbar as a junior is just sitting on the bench cheering.

I swear that is just one of the reasons why I want Holly gone.
If that's one of the reasons then it's a poor one. KD was where she belonged as evidenced when she came in the game.

VN Store

Back