How big of a blowout??

BuffDaddy

Here we are....an hour before tip off....rainy,gloomy Sunday.....so let's have some fun and make some predictions....obviously, Stanford will beat the Lady Vols today, question is...how big of a blowout will it be? How many points will Stanford beat Tennessee by? I'm thinking 25!

I don't think that will happen will be less than 10 but I expect we want make enough plays to win the game. Someone has to guard McPhee if you can stop her you put a big dent in Stanford.
I think we could win this game if we played a little defense and decided to rebound and take intelligent shots.

Reactions: 1 person
Here we are....an hour before tip off....rainy,gloomy Sunday.....so let's have some fun and make some predictions....obviously, Stanford will beat the Lady Vols today, question is...how big of a blowout will it be? How many points will Stanford beat Tennessee by? I'm thinking 25!

My prediction
We will compete.
From the gitgo.

CHW quits experimenting with the lineup.
Starts the right set and we get off on the right foot.

I have predicted twice Stanford 81 Tennessee 58. I hope I'm wrong. But I haven't seen anything from this team to show me they have the toughness to be competitive. They tend to hang their head when things don't go their way. And that's all on coaching.

I know nothing about Stanford except that they beat Texas, at home, by 12 and have lost only once this year. I do know a lot about how we play, unfortunately: Stanford by 8.

Cannot think we can just throw it up and it will go in. Ladies, we CAN lose the lead like this!

You were saying?

Reactions: 7 people
Tennessee wins by 9. DeShields shows up and plays with leadership and pride.

Good things happen when you take pride in your work, and the LV's worked at defense and rebounding better than I have seen all season. I liked the zone and thought they were active and effective in it. (I thought they would blow the lead in the 4th when they went back to man).

The team still can't shoot worth a lick and that is a major problem. It just didn't hurt them in this game because Stanford didn't shoot worth a lick either.

BTW...it was nice to see Erica McCall get stuffed a couple of times.

Reactions: 3 people

You my friend have been awarded ...The Eyeore Award.

Attachments

• Eeyore_3.jpg
    Eeyore_3.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: 10 people
An optimist laughs and move forward; a pessimist forgets to laugh

A pessimist anticipates the worse and tends to be gloomy in many areas (not just about a basketball game)

Go Lady Vols.

Wipe that egg offa yo' face !

Loser!

Reactions: 2 people

Don't count them there chickens fore they hatch!!!

I may be a little optimistic, but I'm thinking Lady Vols by 8 in a low scoring affair. 😀. Seriously, I did hear Mr Dearstone interview the UT assistant coach before the game, and he said the Lady Vols had to make this game a "bar fight" to beat Stanford. I wonder if Holly bought a round for the fans after a great win. 😎

VN Store

Back