Game Thread Lady Vols vs Stanford

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Sunday, Dec. 18, 2016
Time: 3:00 p.m. ET

the game will be televised on the

SEC Network

you can stream it here

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live
or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are unranked

Stanford is ranked 10 the in the AP Top 25 Poll and 10th in the USA Today Coaches Poll

Team Work,Energy,Effort,Hustle and some Orange and White Pride will be needed in maximum amounts Lady Vols,to win this one,you CAN do it :good!:

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
Just hope the refs don't fall for Mcphees flops, just step off her a little she does the same thing every time.

I predict that Holly coaches us to a game for the ages! Tn. 84 - Stanford 82

DD with 0 turnovers, Nared with 4 block out rebounds and a double double. KD with >15 minutes of court time.

wow, these drugs are tha bomb... lol

Reactions: 4 people

DD with 0 turnovers, Nared with 4 block out rebounds and a double double. KD with >15 minutes of court time.

Glue, you must be sick, first win for the Lady vols ever.

This is as close to a "must win" game in December as it gets. Lose this one, and it could be a real dog-fight just to make the tournament....

Reactions: 5 people
I believe we can win this one if we have the same effort at Texas we win and we need to win the boards

Unfortunately I believe that Texas is way overrated and we need to play much better to beat Stanford. I see a 20 point loss coming.

Well I have faith we can pull this win out and head in the right direction and the Texas, Stanford game was close

This team has the talent to win this game...by 10 points or more...It's more of a "will they" than a "can they". You can place the blame where you like..coaching....players not blending...individual egos....but....a total level of talent says this game is not just winnable....but should be a solid win. It hasn't been that at Tennessee for 2 years in a row. I thought for sure this would be a team to compete for the national title and the SEC title....but we (South Carolina) have fallen short too....We are a great SEC playing team...but outside of that we stumble.

Reactions: 1 person
I've taken Holly totally out of this equation. My mind is zoned into the Lady Vols only and specifically.:eek:k:

I am due. We are due. The team is due a game that is nothing but FIRE! A home game against a top 10 team in Stanford and beat them handedly and thoroughly.

I'm ready! Cause Diamond Deshields is due a take over game. That goes for Mercedes Russell, too!

I'm just staying focus and positive for Tennessee. Might as well keep the faith. I am not going to let Holly bring me down. Only if they lose this game then I get can upset but right now I am ready for the team to WIN!

Forget about Holly!:eek:k:

Holly ain't got nothing to do with this game for me.

It's all about my Love for the Lady Vols.

Go out their and play y'all game. Give us fans an early Christmas present PLEASE make this game enjoyable to watch.

GOLadyVols!:)

I've taken Holly totally out of this equation. My mind is zoned into the Lady Vols only and specifically.:eek:k:

I am due. We are due. The team is due a game that is nothing but FIRE! A home game against a top 10 team in Stanford and beat them handedly and thoroughly.

I'm ready! Cause Diamond Deshields is due a take over game. That goes for Mercedes Russell, too!

I'm just staying focus and positive for Tennessee. Might as well keep the faith. I am not going to let Holly bring me down. Only if they lose this game then I get can upset but right now I am ready for the team to WIN!

Forget about Holly!:eek:k:

Holly ain't got nothing to do with this game for me.

It's all about my Love for the Lady Vols.

Go out their and play y'all game. Give us fans an early Christmas present PLEASE make this game enjoyable to watch.

Wow

"Win in spite of your coaching"

That's what you're saying, Teej

Wow

And I'm certain they are not prescription drugs! Hell, gule, you didn't even waste your time with any gateway drugs, did you?

Wow

"Win in spite of your coaching"

That's what you're saying, Teej

Wow

Yes! It has gotten to this point.

I'm fanatical for my beloved Lady Vols. Holly has coached this the team out of the top 25 two years running and I'm miserable & upset about it. The Lady Vols are my entertainment. Their not the be all to end all but they are a part of my life. Like watching my favorite t.v. show, reading great books, watching a good movie. They have been a constant for some time now and Holly has totally flipped my fun experience of being a fan.

I can not relate to some fans of the team building Holly up as if she's untouchable and some kind of saintly diety to all things Lady Vols basketball.

I'm not the one!

The reality is she is the coach. O.k. But I don't have to like it. But I still like the team in spite of her. :eek:k:

Now you gone and got me all upset when I was all hyped and ready for the game. :crazy:

It's time to regroup.

I predicted they would win this game a few months ago but I also predicted they would beat Texas so now I am unsure. I still think this is a winnable game for the LV but they have to play with energy because Stanford certainly will.

Vanderveer isn't going to accept anything less and she really is great at the XO stuff. So, this one may just come down to who wants it more. Stanford has had some issues executing this year as well also losing their starting PG. Obviously, not anywhere near the degree that Tennessee has but I think that still gives Tennessee a sliver of a chance.

Who knows they might come out and surprise the Cardinal with their improved team effort and focus.

If Tennessee Lady Vols have anything this season they will prove it today. This is almost a must win to get to the NCAA tourney.

If Tennessee Lady Vols have anything this season they will prove it today. This is almost a must win to get to the NCAA tourney.

I think they have a bit more leeway because of how week the SEC is this season, and if they don't lose to the league cellar dwellers and beat a watered down UK, UF and/or TAMU team, they can get in even with a loss against Stanford. But I do agree that this is a big statement game for them.

I think it would be instructive to be able to ask each of the Lady Vols, individually, what is the game plan specifically for this game? See if they can state it. Then ask, how does that differ from the App State game? The Texas game?

VN Store

Back