John Adams: Lady Vols look worse than last season

Well, John Adams articles are more of a waste of time now than last year. So everything is trending as expected.

Reactions: 6 people
No reason we wouldn't be worse losing Graves and Cooper to injury. Last season players were erratic and this year more of the same. I think the Stanford game is huge because a loss in that game really is going to make it tough to make the NCAA tourney. We want have any big wins in non-conference play and that would make us have to go about 10 and 6 in conference play and I don't see that happening. We need this game hopefully we will come out and play a team game. We need to score more in the paint and we need second chance points. If we can't hold down their offensive rebounds chalk up another loss at home.

Reactions: 1 person
Adams actually raises some good points in terms of why there is cause for concern; the persistent lack of effort (though against Texas--after the now standard slow start--the intensity did rise considerably vis a vis the Baylor game) and 2) the trajectory.

This team seems to be trending in the wrong direction. Yes, they made the elite 8 but they were on the whole a notch worse than the previous season and this year's season seems to be looking less promising.

That is a trend that needs to change quick for Holly to silence her critics.

Reactions: 2 people
Well, John Adams articles are more of a waste of time now than last year. So everything is trending as expected.

Because you don't like what he writes? Because he doesn't write things that you want to read? Because the Vols are great but he is falsely contending that they aren't? Get real--typical nonsense from rural folk.

Reactions: 9 people
Adams actually raises some good points in terms of why there is cause for concern; the persistent lack of effort (though against Texas--after the now standard slow start--the intensity did rise considerably vis a vis the Baylor game) and 2) the trajectory.

This team seems to be trending in the wrong direction. Yes, they made the elite 8 but they were on the whole a notch worse than the previous season and this year's season seems to be looking less promising.

That is a trend that needs to change quick for Holly to silence her critics.

for about a decade now....

That was a good read, indeed.

Adams stated the exact same things most of us on this board have stated. So nothing new there but at least the media is writing about it.

GoLadyVols!

I am not a John Adams fan but he summed up the situation with the LV BB exactly....hit nail squarely on the head

Reactions: 5 people
Coaching is the problem. I know this has been stated a thousand times on this message board. Holly lacks the intrinsic qualities to be a good coach. It does not matter how many talented players are on the LVs team. Holly does not know how to coach them to play their best. The LVs will lose to ND by 25 to 30 points (maybe more). Holly will have the same remarks that she had after the 22 point lost to Baylor. Too bad, so sad for a great WCBB program like UT and for the great UT fans.

Reactions: 3 people
When Pat was still leading our program, I never got the feeling she was grooming Warlick to someday take over for her at UT or become head coach somewhere else. So far, Holly has made it quite clear that she didn't learn much, if anything, from Pat Summitt.

Last edited:
You would never get this kind of honest assessment of the lady vol basketball program from the likes of dan fleser or maria cornelius..

Last edited:

images

Reactions: 3 people
You would never get this kind of honest assessment of the lady vol basketball program from the likes of dan fleser or maria cornelius..

THIS::good!: I've been waiting for football season to end so Adams would turn his attention to LV basketball. Time for the press to be objective about the problem.

Because you don't like what he writes? Because he doesn't write things that you want to read? Because the Vols are great but he is falsely contending that they aren't? Get real--typical nonsense from rural folk.

Rural folks??? It's just BS as this that's turns off many of us other Tennessee people (and others around the country) to our STATE university. Don't think this holy and smarter than thou attitude is not noticed by us rurals. You might find this has an effect on recruiting some of the better ball players from "out here " that go elsewhere....

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back