Hey, anybody else think Holly should go?

madtownvol

GOTCHA!!!! :crazy:

I bet this thread has 1000 looks in less than a day.

Go LVs and rise above this moment of adversity!

Madtownvol

PS.

Feel free to fill this thread with any positive thoughts about the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Madtownvol

PS.

Thanks for the opportunity, but after careful consideration, I cannot think of any positive thoughts!

LOL! All of Volnation thinks she should have been canned last year! But the real problem is most likely in the locker room DD is the most selfish player in WCBB. I can't stand watching her play. She has the skills to draw multiple defenders but she doesn't have the desire to make the pass to the open person so its alot of 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 for her. Last year was so hard to watch...

There may not be an I in team but there sure is (2) I's in Diamond DeShields. :)

Reactions: 4 people
LOL! All of Volnation thinks she should have been canned last year! But the real problem is most likely in the locker room DD is the most selfish player in WCBB. I can't stand watching her play. She has the skills to draw multiple defenders but she doesn't have the desire to make the pass to the open person so its alot of 1 vs 2 or 1 vs 3 for her. Last year was so hard to watch...

There may not be an I in team but there sure is (2) I's in Diamond DeShields. :)

Way to throw your best player under the bus Holly!:cray:

Reactions: 2 people

Madtownvol

PS.

How about a poll instead

Take Holly like this for a while...

original.gif

....then just let go.

Last edited:

I hear what you're saying, but this is a common misperception. DD makes most of her turnovers trying too hard to get others the ball. She is also one of the few that can create her own shot, so she puts it on her back when the team needs scoring.

She leads or is close to leading the team in assists. She also rebounds, blocks, and leads in scoring.

No need to throw her under the bus. Take a closer look.

Reactions: 10 people
I would not get my hopes up because, unless things really go South, Holly will be back in the saddle leading the Lady Vols for 2017-2018. I believe that if she fails, with what she has coming in, there is a chance that she could get the axe. I think in Holly's heart, she believes that she can turn this program around and I believe administration will give her a chance.

No she can't go until she get's the LADY VOLS program as bad as the football program in the shape as it was when Dooley was here.:eek:hmy:

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄😒😒😒😒😒😒🙄🙄🙄😑😑😑😑

You are wrong about Diamond.

Reactions: 7 people
I hear what you're saying, but this is a common misperception. DD makes most of her turnovers trying too hard to get others the ball. She is also one of the few that can create her own shot, so she puts it on her back when the team needs scoring.

She leads or is close to leading the team in assists. She also rebounds, blocks, and leads in scoring.

No need to throw her under the bus. Take a closer look.

Correct. Diamond is misunderstood.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly should start looking at walk-ons on campus to play point guard. I bet we have a person going to school that is a better point guard than Reynolds or Middleton. We should find that person.

I think she needs to go but she wont go, not this year or next year. There is too big of a shake up at the top to change any coach of any sport. We need to remember the clause that allows a commit to change her mind if the head coach is let go before she starts school. Nope, sad to say, Dolly will be here until '18 at the earliest. Might as well get use to being the sister of the bride.:cray:

I think she needs to go but she wont go, not this year or next year. There is too big of a shake up at the top to change any coach of any sport. We need to remember the clause that allows a commit to change her mind if the head coach is let go before she starts school. Nope, sad to say, Dolly will be here until '18 at the earliest. Might as well get use to being the sister of the bride.:cray:

I hope you are wrong on all of this. First of all about the change at the top: The two leading candidates for AD are well aware of all things UT. Holly has had plenty of time to prove herself and has failed. She makes plenty of money to do her job, and she isn't doing it well.

I'm not aware of the clause you mentioned, but even if that is the case, we should have a new coach in place fairly quickly. I would be willing to bet that the new coach will have great credentials and will be someone that any of those new players will be happy with. These players didn't commit because of CHW, they were recruited by Coach Law and like The Univ. of Tenn.

Let me put some facts in this thread as well:

2015-16 season saw the Lady Vols set several team lows since they've been in the NCAA (1981-82 - present):

Most losses in a season (14)
Fewest wins in a season (22, tied with 1981-82, 1984-85 and 2008-09 team)
Lowest place finish in conference (7th)
Most SEC losses in a season (8)
Lowest win percentage in conference play (.500, tied with 1984-85 team)
Lowest overall win percentage (.611)

So far in 2016-17 season UT is 4-4. But don't worry, Appy St is coming up and I'm sure UT will win by 30+ so all is good!

TopGun - My bad...you are right, after the NLI is signed the commit has to follow through or lose a year if they go somewhere else per NCAA. I posted based on one of the Holly believers on the Summitt, I should have know better. But I did look up the rule. There is some talk about an escape clause being introduced. But I still fear that the changes at the top will just push it aside until after Dolly screws up the first year of a number one recruiting class. :hi:

VN Store

Back