Game Thread Lady Vols vs Appalachian State

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2016
Time: 7:00 p.m. ET

the game may be Televised on

the SECN+

you can stream the game on

Watch Live Sports Events and ESPN Programs Online and on Mobile Applications - WatchESPN

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are unranked

Appalachian State is unranked

keep up the effort you displayed in the 2nd half of the last game Lady Vols,but you have to do it for the entire game,every game going forward

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Reactions: 2 people
yes, Appy won't beat them that bad. I predict a 84 - 82 AP win.

who knew? :)

This should be a 20-30 point, never in question, blowout. Form the very gitgo.

Anything else could be "handwriting on the wall"

Exactly and this is the game that you find a way to get Harris, and Dunbar in and limit Jordan. Experiment with Diamond or MeMe running the PG position.

I just hope that they will be competitive. That is all that I ask.....play the game with emotion and like they are happy to being on the court.

What should we look for as far as improvements in this game? How much do we take away, or do wait until the Stanford game?

1. Energy (Energy, high fives, chest bumps, something, its been so long since we've seen emotions on the court, our energy with our talent should overwhelm em) Are we diving for loose balls? Are we active on defense and offense?

2. Focus (Are the ladies locked in to do their job, each player on the court? Are we knocking down shots? Do we look like we know what we're doing? Is our defense generating offense?

3. Execution (Are we looking to get the best shot? Are they boxing out, consistently? Are we bumping cutters? How many assists on made baskets? Are we pushing tempo?)

This is a selfish game, a game to work on the Lady Vols, a glorified practice, I'm looking for Nunn to get more minutes, I'm looking to see if Jordan minutes decrease.

Looking to see if Nared streak continues of playing solid bball. Hopefully the team look at this game as the first quarter game, before Stanford!

I would like to see the starters minutes stay relatively the same...minus Jordan.

Really, we have to wait til the Stanford game to really know for sure, but this is a good confidence game, sometimes you just need a win.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Holly has won three SEC titles during the past four years, including two regular season titles (2013, 2015) and a tourney title (2014).

Reactions: 2 people
What should we look for as far as improvements in this game? How much do we take away, or do wait until the Stanford game?

App St. averages 8 steals/game, so improved ball control for one. They also have a 5'6" senior guard averaging 16+ points/game, so improved one-on-one perimeter defense might be another. I thought the LVs played their best perimeter defense of the season, and maybe even the last few years, during the 3rd quarter of the Texas game. Would love to see continued growth there.

Reactions: 3 people
If AP wins, or if it is a close win, Holly should be fired immediately, no question.

If someone makes another post like this, or close to this, they should be fired from this board immediately.

Really, is this how you choose to spend your lives? Making your little jabs at the expense of a fine person doing her best and fans that just want to be fans not snarky asshats.

Sorry, teach, it ain't just you. Just stopped at your post.

Reactions: 5 people
Exactly and this is the game that you find a way to get Harris, and Dunbar in and limit Jordan. Experiment with Diamond or MeMe running the PG position.

Do we really need a strategy to beat that team. I remember when the name on the front of our jersey would win games like this.

If someone makes another post like this, or close to this, they should be fired from this board immediately.

Really, is this how you choose to spend your lives? Making your little jabs at the expense of a fine person doing her best and fans that just want to be fans not snarky asshats.

Sorry, teach, it ain't just you. Just stopped at your post.

They are right, though...

I agree. Hopefilly, Diamond, Jaime and Mercedes can put on their warmups by the end of the 3rd quarter, and Schaquila, Kamera and Kortney can get extended minutes.

As others have said, this is one of those games where there's not much you can assess as to how the team is playing. Even without a strategy, they will overwhelm them with their size and athleticism. Although it won't show up in the box score, I'm curious to see how many open threes they allow. App st won't go inside with Tennessee's size, so they will be launching them from outside. Even if they are open, I doubt they will connect with many, but getting some good practice defending the three will come in handy for thr Stanford game.

Reactions: 1 person
Yeah, the Lady Vols should be able to beat Appy State even if everyone played left-handed.

But I swear, if Appalachian State were to somehow get the win tomorrow, that would very likely be the end of my lifelong devotion to Lady Vols basketball as my primary sports passion, and to women's college basketball in general.

VN Store

Back