Did Tennessee break another record?

Amb3096

AP polls came out this week, and Tennessee did not receive a single vote.

Surely this is a first for the Lady Vol program?

Reactions: 2 people
Thread number 750 - to bash Holly and the team. Enjoy

Enjoy viewing the increasing number of empty seats at TBA! Fans who have been loyal to this program for literally decades are fed up with the crappy play of this team, created mostly by a clueless coach. But Holly's sunshine pumpers are making a noble "last stand" in true Alamo style. Ole Davy Crockett would be very proud!:lol:

Reactions: 10 people
never said I was happy being 4 and 4 right now. I am just tired of thread after thread of the same posts. I get it most want Holly gone. I don't blame her as much as some, and I do believe she deserves a chance to coach the #1 class she signed.

Reactions: 3 people

This is very important to acknowledge. Now, is the AP a group of college coaches doing the voting? IF so then they are Holly Warlick's peers. And if they ain't voting for her team than that is very telling. They know a bad team when they see one.

This is very important to acknowledge. Now, is the AP a group of college coaches doing the voting? IF so then they are Holly Warlick's peers. And if they ain't voting for her team than that is very telling. They know a bad team when they see one.

AP is media, The Coaches poll is separate

No bashing but the Lady Vols have the players to be a better team than they have displayed recently in games against rank teams. If the ladies play like they did against Texas then they have a chance to get back into the top 25. It is not like the Lady Vols have not had the players, it is about getting the best out of your players day in and day out. We might be resistant to admit it, but there is a disconnect some where.

Reactions: 1 person
No bashing but the Lady Vols have the players to be a better team than they have displayed recently in games against rank teams. If the ladies play like they did against Texas then they have a chance to get back into the top 25. It is not like the Lady Vols have not had the players, it is about getting the best out of your players day in and day out. We might be resistant to admit it, but there is a disconnect some where.

I think the disconnect is some players want to truly get out and run but they really can't because things are centered around Russell and she doesn't get up and down the floor like the others. We have to find a way to do what we do best and if that is get out and go, lets get it!

never said I was happy being 4 and 4 right now. I am just tired of thread after thread of the same posts. I get it most want Holly gone. I don't blame her as much as some, and I do believe she deserves a chance to coach the #1 class she signed.

When Holly does something that warrants positive posts, then the negativity will end. She can start by preparing the team to beat Stanford.

If she keeps losing games, it should come as no surprise that the majority of threads will focus on thr fact that she keeps losing games...

As soon as one Hate Holly thread dies out, the Holly Haters start yet another thread writing the same old tired Useless words.

Holly WILL be the UT head coach through next season. Bashing her all day every day is just a Waste of their Time, because it will NOT get her fired.

Reactions: 5 people
When Holly does something that warrants positive posts, then the negativity will end. She can start by preparing the team to beat Stanford.

If she keeps losing games, it should come as no surprise that the majority of threads will focus on thr fact that she keeps losing games...

Performance, will shut them up.....Winning heals losses.

Last edited:
I think the disconnect is some players want to truly get out and run but they really can't because things are centered around Russell and she doesn't get up and down the floor like the others. We have to find a way to do what we do best and if that is get out and go, lets get it!

I agree I think we have the horses to play an uptempo game, except for the short bench, but we are still stuck in the offense of Lady Vols past. Next year, counting Green and Carter, we will have 10 top players and speed to run with anyone. I would like to see a change in offense where we take advantage of our athleticism and speed. We need more offense like Nard displayed against TEXAS. Russell runs like she is running in mud. Someone needs to teach her to run on her toes, presently she runs flat footed from toe to heel. With the right training, her speed can be increased. Parachute wind resistance training would also help. A Summer speed training program would be good along with weight training to improve her upper and lower body strength. I think such training would make Russell awesome for her redshirt Senior year.

Last edited:

It is obvious that HOlly will be fired at the end of this season.
At this point, I don't see a top recruiting class saving her or a strong NCAA tourney run saving her....
New A.D. should have a short list already prepared.......

It is obvious that HOlly will be fired at the end of this season.
At this point, I don't see a top recruiting class saving her or a strong NCAA tourney run saving her....
New A.D. should have a short list already prepared.......

If we have another strong tourney run, that would mean another winning record. Do you seriously think a new AD would come in and fire a coach who's never had a losing record, who's got great tournament results, and who just signed the top recruiting class?

I see whats going on. Has to be. Asst. coach Law has told our no.1 class of 17/18 that Holly will be gone after this season and next year we will finally have a real head coach. That's the only logical explanation as to how we signed the no.1 class.

I see whats going on. Has to be. Asst. coach Law has told our no.1 class of 17/18 that Holly will be gone after this season and next year we will finally have a real head coach. That's the only logical explanation as to how we signed the no.1 class.

Bull****.

And your screen name is disgusting.

That is all.

If you don't blame Holly, then who do you blame??

As soon as one Hate Holly thread dies out, the Holly Haters start yet another thread writing the same old tired Useless words.

Holly WILL be the UT head coach through next season. Bashing her all day every day is just a Waste of their Time, because it will NOT get her fired.

"Hate" It's not the right word. I think few who post negative statements don't hate anyone player or coach. However, I think most hate to see what is going on with both players and coach. I fear Holly just doesn't know how to get across what she wants to do. Also I fear what she wants to do just doesn't work now as well as when she learn it. Players now days are much better overall at both defending, scoring, and running the floor than they were in the 90's and early 2000's. It seems to me that the "good" teams these days have been "turned loose", but still have discipline. They are athletic enough to play both ends of the court.

VN Store

Back