unacceptable !

djtee

Jordan Reynolds played 34 minutes against Texas and only 2 pts I think Holly and her staff should be held accountable for Reynolds horrendous play on the offensive, to me it`s gotten worse.

Reactions: 8 people
After a torrid start feasting on cupcakes, Jordan's numbers are finally starting to move towards what we expect of her.

6.4 ppg
38% FG
27% 3PT
3.1 apg

For her, these numbers are still high. I expect her ppg, FG% and 3PTFG% to drop by another 15% or so by the time the mid-point of the SEC season is here.

Reactions: 1 person
Holly Warlick will not survive this season barring a miraculous turnaround. She lost a lot of support last year from the higher ups but was given the chance to turn it around. She has not and they have gotten worse. She is a very nice lady but she is not a head coach at least at a place like UT

Reactions: 10 people
Holly Warlick will not survive this season barring a miraculous turnaround. She lost a lot of support last year from the higher ups but was given the chance to turn it around. She has not and they have gotten worse. She is a very nice lady but she is not a head coach at least at a place like UT

She never should have been given the job in the first place. When Pat left it was the perfect time to bring in new blood and revive the program, now we have a coach who has no clue what she's doing and refuses to take any responsibility for this teams lackluster play. Hopefully she hasn't suckered anyone into thinking she'll do anything with a high ranked recruiting class and she'll be out sooner rather than later.

Reactions: 8 people
Is this public knowledge she lost there support I doubt it I truly do. Esp after making them money in the elite eight. However, we do need to turn this around soon. If we could finish 23-8 in regular season that would be good

She never should have been given the job in the first place. When Pat left it was the perfect time to bring in new blood and revive the program, now we have a coach who has no clue what she's doing and refuses to take any responsibility for this teams lackluster play. Hopefully she hasn't suckered anyone into thinking she'll do anything with a high ranked recruiting class and she'll be out sooner rather than later.
As much as I love Pat Summitt, the time that she had to give up her beloved coaching duties, she was not in a state of mind to decided the fate, who would be the head coach of this program. As much as she put into this program, it is a disgrace how the program has fallen in these short years.

Reactions: 6 people
Is this public knowledge she lost there support I doubt it I truly do. Esp after making them money in the elite eight. However, we do need to turn this around soon. If we could finish 23-8 in regular season that would be good

They need to first show that they can beat teams higher than Div II quality before we start projecting them to finish 3rd in the SEC.

One can say that the Texas game was promising, but the Longhorns were also without their 2nd leading scorer who was injured in their last game. Plus their post depth took a hit when they lost their top post reserve to injury at the beginning of the second half. Taking this into consideration, the Texas game was one that should have been a win, not an encouraging result because they played hard for 3 quarters.

Reactions: 2 people
To me it is unacceptable for a 6-6 center(MR) to get 7 shots and only score 8 points with 37 minutes play.

Also, folks are bringing up the short bench for Tennessee. UCONN played 6 players double digit minutes in their win over KSU yesterday. Two players were in the game, but only for one minute.

Did anyone else see ASU put on a posting clinic on Kentucky yesterday? Amazing how teams with zero top recruits get it done.

Reactions: 4 people
To me it is unacceptable for a 6-6 center(MR) to get 7 shots and only score 8 points with 37 minutes play.

Also, folks are bringing up the short bench for Tennessee. UCONN played 6 players double digit minutes in their win over KSU yesterday. Two players were in the game, but only for one minute.

Did anyone else see ASU put on a posting clinic on Kentucky yesterday? Amazing how teams with zero top recruits get it done.

I am also tired of hearing about the short bench.. Remember the CP3 teams.. They usually used a 7 player rotation and never seemed to get winded.

23 and 8 wont happen. We will push if not exceed the 14 loses of last year. As promising as the team looked for a couple of quarters last night we still are not that good. Reynolds has got to sit and live or die with middleton and Jackson. They will be back next year!!:thud::thud:

Reactions: 3 people
I am also tired of hearing about the short bench.. Remember the CP3 teams.. They usually used a 7 player rotation and never seemed to get winded.

You're exactly right. As much as none of us care for Geno give him this team and I guarantee that you would see a different animal on the court.

Why is the LVs discussion always centered around Holly and her complete lack of a clue towards coaching? How many more years will be have to hear and see this play out? When does the AD of a stellar program as UT once was, decide it's time for a change? It will take over 5 years to rebuild UT once a good or even great coach is found. In fact, it may never come back now due to how much it has fallen. What player would want to come to this now? None.

We stink.

Overcome slow game starts with Dunbar firing away at once. Great if she makes and if not getting rebounds and shooting put backs make for creative early game scoring opportunities. Forget about man to man defense the first few minutes. Hustle back to
zone with great urgency.
Diamond D can make this a great team if kept at point guard. She should not be held back from using her outstanding size and great talent at the point guard position.

Overcome slow game starts with Dunbar firing away at once. Great if she makes and if not getting rebounds and shooting put backs make for creative early game scoring opportunities. Forget about man to man defense the first few minutes. Hustle back to
zone with great urgency.
Diamond D can make this a great team if kept at point guard. She should not be held back from using her outstanding size and great talent at the point guard position.

I've said the same thing, tell her takeover and do what she does because (imo) it is the only way Holly is going to save her job.

As seen with Russell against better (stronger) Post players she has a tendency to struggle/disappear, therefore making her the focal point hurts everyone else.

Diamond (and Nared is beginning to show) that they are the stars and it doesn't hinder what Russell can do it should only heighten it.

Diana Taurasi has run the point for several seasons with Phoenix and she gets her points while also getting her teammates involved. Diamond is looking for her teammates I just truly believe they aren't on the same level that she is (although it is starting to look as though her and Nared are developing a chemistry and an understanding of one another on the court)

The problem is we DON"T get the rebounds and the put-backs! Some of the team is still trying to get down the court! Saw this too many times yesterday,and NOT on "fast breaks." And our attempts at fast breaks are in slow-mo for some of our players! Is their conditioning THAT poor?

Then, there is no "put back" because someone is always standing too close looking scary at our players!

Why is the LVs discussion always centered around Holly and her complete lack of a clue towards coaching? How many more years will be have to hear and see this play out? When does the AD of a stellar program as UT once was, decide it's time for a change? It will take over 5 years to rebuild UT once a good or even great coach is found. In fact, it may never come back now due to how much it has fallen. What player would want to come to this now? None.

We stink.

WHAT?! We just signed the #1 recruiting class in the country! I just wish that if folks are going to slam the coach, the players, or the program, that they would at least know the basics. Or is this just a forum for negavols to pile on because that's the easy thing to do online these days?

If anyone watched the Pat Summitt memorial ceremony than they got to see what it means to be a Lady Vol.... Holly is everything a Lady Vol should be and she deserves more support than what our fan base gives her. I hate to see us struggle and Holly hates to see it as well.... Recruiting the last couple of seasons had slacked both in numbers and in the type of player we been to reach our ultimate goal of being champions. Holly identified the problem and made the changes necessary to bring us the number one class in the country and an excellent start to the 2018 class.

This years team was bound to struggle bc we only have 7-8 players and really only 3 that have shown they can play at an SEC level.... it feels like we are playing 3 on 5 most games.... it is definitely Holly's fault but she made the changes necessary to fix the roster issue. I think she deserves a couple more seasons to be able to coach the new class to see what she can do..... people keep bringing up fulmer but they forget that the season before he was fired was better than any season we have had since. Also the comment about Geno being able to coach anybody up then why was he 18-11 in year 9 at UCONN.... Go Lady Vols!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
23 and 8 wont happen. We will push if not exceed the 14 loses of last year. As promising as the team looked for a couple of quarters last night we still are not that good. Reynolds has got to sit and live or die with middleton and Jackson. They will be back next year!!:thud::thud:

Middleton will have her playing time cut in half with the new class coming in Jackson ?

WHAT?! We just signed the #1 recruiting class in the country! I just wish that if folks are going to slam the coach, the players, or the program, that they would at least know the basics. Or is this just a forum for negavols to pile on because that's the easy thing to do online these days?

If you would look through this site's history before spouting off you would see that the concern is not a recent thing.

She already has a team of number 1 players and All Americans. What will change with a few more?

Must have been a helluva sell job to the new recruiting class or they just have a love to be a Lady Vol because any player that understands bb can see the issues here and would steer clear.

It's time for a new voice and a fresh start. And I'm also gonna say this right now.....

DD's window to be coached into a great player has closed at UT. I'm of the school of thought that she should've transferred to UConn or one of the other top schools that have alpha type HCs with a resume (ND, SC, Baylor, Stanford, etc.). Her talent and athleticism, IMO, is still raw and undeveloped and you can see it in her play last year and this year. She's still playing on that raw talent and athleticism every game.

Folks have been asking can she make her teammates better? I say no because I think she's still trying to figure out how to use her talent herself. You can see it on the floor because she's not leading the huddles and she's not telling her teammates where they need to be or what they need to do. When your confidence, physical/mental maturity matches your talent, it's easy to see because you visibly by instinct lead.

She had an unbelievable freshman year at UNC without any real coaching with Hatchell out. They ran a wide open system that maximized DD, Gray and Mavunga's talents as the alpha Freshman on that squad with DD being the alpha dawg.

The fall from what she did as a freshman to now is clearly visible and right in front of everyone to see. Injuries, sitting out and lack of coaching of her talent, IMO, is why she is where she is now.

She will get better but not at UT.

Reactions: 5 people
If you would look through this site's history before spouting off you would see that the concern is not a recent thing.

I've been reading this site for years. I just haven't posted here. But I just finally had enough, I guess. Every day, I see folks saying the most negative things using incorrect information to support it.

At least your Alpha theory was a little different and entertaining. "spouting off"... lol

VN Store

Back