Elena Christinaki of Florida Quits Team

Amb3096

Eleanna Christinaki of Florida Gators quits team

This helps UT with their SEC standings and record. UF is one of two SEC teams that Tennessee is scheduled to play twice. Christinaki is UF's leading scorer and completely burned the Lady Vols last year, so her absence will make it difficult for them to win without her.

From the article, she sounds like a bit of a brat. Took her ball and went home because she didn't like seeing a bit of discipline. Who knew Jeff Walz was so prophetic?

This helps UT with their SEC standings and record. UF is one of two SEC teams that Tennessee is scheduled to play twice. Christinaki is UF's leading scorer and completely burned the Lady Vols last year, so her absence will make it difficult for them to win without her.

From the article, she sounds like a bit of a brat. Took her ball and went home because she didn't like seeing a bit of discipline. Who knew Jeff Walz was so prophetic?

Law Gator approves.

I agree with most of what you said but I would like to find out what transpired because Amanda Butler is no Saint and after her treatment of Sydney Moss, I put nothing pass her.....

Reactions: 1 person

LV still lose IMO!

Reactions: 4 people

well if she don't like seeing discipline she would be at home with the lady vols and fit right in.

Reactions: 5 people
If anyone needed evidence that Holly needed to go.....

There is a thread with people happy about a Gator player leaving the team because it will help the Vols.

I didnt think Tennessee knew Florida women's basketball existed.

Heck, i didnt

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 people

I hate to see anyone be a quitter. I mean what if soldiers in WWII just threw their rifles down and said I'm quitting, I know its a stretch but you get my message.

I hate to see anyone be a quitter. I mean what if soldiers in WWII just threw their rifles down and said I'm quitting, I know its a stretch but you get my message.

No it isn't a stretch. Had they tried that, they would have been tried and thrown in Leavenworth had they been stateside. And had it been on the battlefield? A firing squad. Good Old Days!

Too bad the whole team did not quit, I see no reason for Lady Vol fans to celebrate over Christinaki quitting the Gators. If Ronni Williams quits the Gators we have a 50/50 chance, maybe.

Reactions: 2 people
Too bad the whole team did not quit, I see no reason for Lady Vol fans to celebrate over Christinaki quitting the Gators. If Ronni Williams quits the Gators we have a 50/50 chance, maybe.

Tennessee shut down Williams last year. Christinaki was the one who killed them with her scoring and passing.

She was planning on leaving at the break anyway. She needed a reason to leave and this was it.

If she intended to leave at the break, she could have left at the break with no reason needed. Doesn't change the fact that she quit on her team in a rather selfish and bratty way.

If anyone needed evidence that Holly needed to go.....

There is a thread with people happy about a Gator player leaving the team because it will help the Vols.

I didnt think Tennessee knew Florida women's basketball existed.

Heck, i didnt

It has gotten to that point for sure. :lolabove:

Amazing that there is enthusiasm when another team has "bad luck" or loses a player. Is that the only way the Vols can win now? Hollow victory.

We shall see if it helps the Lady Vols but my gut is telling me only a forfeit would help the Lady Vols this year.

Reactions: 2 people
We shall see if it helps the Lady Vols but my gut is telling me only a forfeit would help the Lady Vols this year.

The SEC has had such bad luck with graduations, injuries and players quitting teams. If they can't finish with a winning record in this watered down league that only has 2 legit teams (Miss State and SC), then they are beyond hope.

The SEC has had such bad luck with graduations, injuries and players quitting teams. If they can't finish with a winning record in this watered down league that only has 2 legit teams (Miss State and SC), then they are beyond hope.

True dat !!! So we shall now sit back and observe just what happens .You must believe that the teams that have beaten the Lady Vols this year are better than the SEC teams other than South Carolina and Miss State.....I do not share that view.

VT, Baylor and Texas for sure. PSU not so much. A lot depends on matchups. Tennessee will win games against teams with no post size because of Russell alone. UK, TAMU and Vandy will struggle with that size, so that will help pad Tennessee's resume.

Must be Jalen Hurds long lost sister!!!:loco::rock:

I admire Amanda Butler for taking a stand for discipline, but I sure hate to read that the player reacted so poorly.

Some people do really stupid things in the heat of the stressful/embarrassing/humiliating moment, and obviously this young woman made a HUGE mistake. She probably regrets it badly.

If I were her I would beg the team and staff for their forgiveness and ask for a second chance.

Any word on her next move? After what Butler did to Moss (I think that is her name from a few year ago) I can't see her going anywhere in the league.

We are not going to recruit her, are we? We already know what having disgruntled players is like--it isn't worth it! Talk about bad chemistry!

VN Store

Back