Help me understand ...

bnhunt

how Warlick still has a job. This team is awful and it starts at the top. This program should always be a top 10 program and clearly CHW is not the answer. Why not just hire a real HC?

Reactions: 9 people
Because everyone wants her to succeed so bad, that they're blind. She is a hometown girl and was always the heir apparent to Pat, and it would make a nice story if she succeeded.. That's why.

Reactions: 7 people
Firing Holly is the equivalent of UT firing Fulmer in a sense. It's what's needed but it doesn't make it easy by any means.

Because everyone wants her to succeed so bad, that they're blind. She is a hometown girl and was always the heir apparent to Pat, and it would make a nice story if she succeeded.. That's why.

Nothing to see here...move along...all is well in TN.

Pay no attention to the weakly led, uninterested administration behind the curtain.

Reactions: 3 people
how Warlick still has a job. This team is awful and it starts at the top. This program should always be a top 10 program and clearly CHW is not the answer. Why not just hire a real HC?

I think what would make it tough right now is, dang, she is recruiting so well. Last year, that would be a joke, but look at this year's class. What do ya do, fire her and run off this #1 class, or keep her and force her to hire an assistant who can actually coach? (hello Mickey DeMoss). Pay her, whatever.

I think what would make it tough right now is, dang, she is recruiting so well. Last year, that would be a joke, but look at this year's class. What do ya do, fire her and run off this #1 class, or keep her and force her to hire an assistant who can actually coach? (hello Mickey DeMoss). Pay her, whatever.

This top class has already signed LOI's and aren't likely to leave and have to sit out a year, especially if we sign a top notch coach. It wasn't Holly that got all these players to sign, it was Coach Law and the Univ. of Tennessee.

Reactions: 4 people

With that logic, someone else should have been elected President of the U.S. NOt because they are the best candidate but because of sentimental reasons.....

AMEN on the assistants!!!! Look at the KY and TEXAS assistants as well as the other top teams! TN could have the BEST so why in the world did Holly choose those two??????

This top class has already signed LOI's and aren't likely to leave and have to sit out a year, especially if we sign a top notch coach. It wasn't Holly that got all these players to sign, it was Coach Law and the Univ. of Tennessee.

Does she get credit for anything?

Reactions: 5 people
Looking at the schedule, she will cause the team to lose two more non conference games and close to half of the S.E.C. games. This will give us another poor season. We will end the season NOT being in the top 25 and not winning the S.E.C. tourney.
People will be forced to address this. When HOlly shrugs her shoulders and tears up and says " I don't have the answers. I thought we were prepared. I just don't have an answer."
THis will be proof that the program WILL NOT get any better because she is lost..... and in over her head.....
THis will force the new A.D. to make a change.....
Plenty plenty plenty of coaches will want this job..... facilities, recruiting, fan support, administration support. history of program SEC conference..........

Reactions: 7 people
Looking at the schedule, she will cause the team to lose two more non conference games and close to half of the S.E.C. games. This will give us another poor season. We will end the season NOT being in the top 25 and not winning the S.E.C. tourney.
People will be forced to address this. When HOlly shrugs her shoulders and tears up and says " I don't have the answers. I thought we were prepared. I just don't have an answer."
THis will be proof that the program WILL NOT get any better because she is lost..... and in over her head.....
THis will force the new A.D. to make a change.....
Plenty plenty plenty of coaches will want this job..... facilities, recruiting, fan support, administration support. history of program SEC conference..........

"I don't have answers" that is what Holly says all the time. She is getting paid big bucks to coach. And she still has a job? Unreal.

Reactions: 4 people
Because Hart is being stupid or doesn't care, since he's leaving, but it has gotten rather absurd. Having one good recruiting class after not have a recruiting class at all (unprecedented!), and a bad one before that, does not mean you are recruiting well. And in case anyone hasn't noticed, we've got a BUNCH of top prospects on the team right now.

Reactions: 6 people

Exactly! Which is why I have stated before if the team continues to falter and if Holly really love UT like we all believe she does, she would step down and let someone like Coach Law finish out the year and see if she could right the ship, she (coach law) might be able to turn things around (she has Head Coaching experience and didn't have the same resources at Illinois that she has here at UT) you might not have to get a big name coach if Law were to finish strong and the team improved more under her than under Holly.

Reactions: 2 people
If next year's class has indeed signed LOI's, it would be a no brainer to cut ties with Holly now. Most any coach would come here with the number 1 class in waiting. I'd hate to see Holly ruin the talent that's coming in. I would like to see Kim Mulkey here. Pay her what she would want.

Since Coach Holly has been here..... what has been our biggest win? She took over for Pat that season 11-12 I think.... and do not remember any truly big wins..... unless you count a win last yr vs Stanford, or comeback vs Gonzaga in NCAA... to me not impressive to others it may be

Reactions: 1 person
Since Coach Holly has been here..... what has been our biggest win? She took over for Pat that season 11-12 I think.... and do not remember any truly big wins..... unless you count a win last yr vs Stanford, or comeback vs Gonzaga in NCAA... to me not impressive to others it may be

They beat South Carolina when they were #4 in the rankings during Meighan's senior year, and then beat #7 Oregon State on the road last year.

I assume that you have just returned from Siberia where you had no internet connection and any other interactions with civilization. Welcome back from your long period of isolation.

FYI, there have been hundreds of threads on this board and an endless number of comments that address that specific question. So, if you really want some perspective on the question, you can just scroll.

Of course, maybe you think your particular way of saying "FIRE Holly" is just so unique, so enlightening, and so important that it needs it own special snowflake status (or did you bring those from Siberia?). :p

VN Store

Back