Tennessee Played Well Vs. Texas

teacherdean

With a 15 point deficit the Ladies came back strong. The Ladies played well. Nard was simply a beast. This team just needs to play with the same mentality going forward. Jackson played a good defensive game. Give Holly her props they played and exercised a very good game plain. The difference today was our short bench.

Today Ladies you showed that you have a game, however, you need to bring it every game.

Reactions: 6 people
I guarantee you if we had Cooper, DeShields, Nared, Green and Russell in our starting lineup playing together this would be a much better team.

Reactions: 4 people
With a 15 point deficit the Ladies came back strong. The Ladies played well. Nard was simply a beast. This team just needs to play with the same mentality going forward. Jackson played a good defensive game. Give Holly her props they played and exercised a very good game plain. The difference today was our short bench.

Today Ladies you showed that you have a game, however, you need to bring it every game.

Agreed. Having virtually no subs wore the starters down in the 4th quarter. Where was Dunbar ?

Reactions: 1 person
The difference was not the short bench. The difference was they spotted Texas 15 points before they started to play smart.

It's nice that they played 3 good quarters, but that 1st quarter was inexcusable given where the team is at right now.

Reactions: 7 people
The difference was not the short bench. The difference was they spotted Texas 15 points before they started to play smart.

It's nice that they played 3 good quarters, but that 1st quarter was inexcusable given where the team is at right now.

the difference was the same as it always is. piss poor coaching.

Reactions: 11 people
Totally right-on! The first quarter killed them as well as fouls. If they continue to hang together and play like they did today during the remainder of their games, they're definitely in this year's tournament with a decent ranking!

I didn't think it was much of a game except for Nared's shooting. Poor shooting overall, poor rebounding overall, and the inability to guard the high-post screen in the first quarter. Every team runs the high-post screen against the LV's and they have yet to defend it.

Reactions: 2 people
NO hater. We are happy seeing improvement. We are happy the lady vols played good ball for longer stretches. We are happy cos players we thought needed to step up, stepped up. We are happy, cos we a saw a TEAM for longer stretches. The 3rd quarter was our best defensive quarter of the season, I would show them that every day.

WE are not happy, losing. But we can finally say, dang at least they played hard.

Cos, we all know if they would have played this hard, against VT and PSu, those would be victories.

Hater, constructive feedback, or move the fux along.

A good game? Not hardly. We were 15 points behind in the first half! Yea, we rallied, but we lost--period. Reynolds was 1-9; DD made 8 shots missed 12. Russell had a meager 8 points for the game--was not influential enough. We were out-rebounded by a lot. We gave up 20 points in the key quarter of the game--the 4th. You CANNOT give up 20+ points in the 4th quarter and expect to win--not with our crap offense. We had only 8 assists. Wasn't Texas missing two of its regulars in this game--one of the key bigs missed the entire second half. Yes, we were less bad than we were in the last game. Champagne for everybody!

Reactions: 6 people
I read this thread thinking we won and then I check the score on espn and we lost. Lady Vol fans should never be happy with a close loss or we will be like our football team.

Reactions: 1 person
NO hater. We are happy seeing improvement. We are happy the lady vols played good ball for longer stretches. We are happy cos players we thought needed to step up, stepped up. We are happy, cos we a saw a TEAM for longer stretches. The 3rd quarter was our best defensive quarter of the season, I would show them that every day.

WE are not happy, losing. But we can finally say, dang at least they played hard.

Cos, we all know if they would have played this hard, against VT and PSu, those would be victories.

Wuteva

Reactions: 5 people
I read this thread thinking we won and then I check the score on espn and we lost. Lady Vol fans should never be happy with a close loss or we will be like our football team.

how far we've fallen. We sound like Appalachian State: "We didn't play as badly as we did last game!"

I knew someone would start a thread like this. Let's all be happy that we only lost by a few points! That is the victories that we look for now. Give me a break! As has already been stated, we in no way, shape, or form played well. Quit thinking that things are going to change under this coaching staff because its not going to happen.

Reactions: 7 people
No one is happy we lost . I am happy we competed I am happy we ran a ton of plays for diamond and as y'all say just throw it inside. If we compete like this from now on we will win a ton of games yes I know some teams will play zone but same mentality

Pitiful, pitiful post. We're happy because players are playing harder? We're happy because the team who has been practicing for months looks like they might be playing more like a team? We're happy because a very experienced team seems to be finally playing hard?

Get real. This is a team coached by a very poor coach, and your creative means of using foul language really doesn't change that.

And everybody who doesn't see things your way isn't necessarily a hater.

Reactions: 3 people
Pitiful, pitiful post. We're happy because players are playing harder? We're happy because the team who has been practicing for months looks like they might be playing more like a team? We're happy because a very experienced team seems to be finally playing hard?

Get real. This is a team coached by a very poor coach, and your creative means of using foul language really doesn't change that.

And everybody who doesn't see things your way isn't necessarily a hater.

Trust me, you're wasting your breath with that one.

Reactions: 5 people
These games mean nothing. The NCAA games are the only ones that matter. Stop watching, commenting on this preseason crap. Save money for March madness tickets.

Maybe you didn't notice Texas was 2 and 4. Same story. I don't see how you could be a fan of our coach "that's being generous calling her a coach" and pretend to love the Lady Vols. Open your eyes SHE CAN'T COACH OR EVEN PREPARE A TEAM

VN Store

Back