The clock is ticking...

kxtop

First I truly respect Holly Warlick, she held this program together during the period of Pat's failing health and had the unenviable task of following a legend, thank you coach! But time is ticking with this great program in an obvious downward spiral. It is time for a coaching change, best if Holly resigns moving on to a well deserved great job in Tennessee's athletic department, or less palatable but necessary, she is terminated (but still with a great athletic department position). Hiring a big time coach to replace these legends QUICKLY is an urgent! Past this season serious damage can and likely will be done.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13 people
First I truly respect Holly Warlick, she held this program together during the period of Pat's failing health and had the unenviable task of following a legend, thank you coach! But time is ticking with this great program in an obvious downward spiral. It is time for a coaching change, best if Holly resigns moving on to a well deserved great job in Tennessee's athletic department, or less palatable but necessary, she is terminated (but still with a great athletic department position). Hiring a big time coach to replace these legends QUICKLY is an urgent! Past this season serious damage can and likely will be done.

Never mind.

Last edited:
I think the plan is to ride out this season and see what she can do with a mostly new group of players with a fresh attitude. I expect that at least three different starters and three other major rotation players will be involved in most of the minutes played next season. Time to make the best of this lost season were not very good players don't have the attitude or desire to step it up. Roster is to small to do much about it just let them play and hopefully 2017 will be the emergence of the way Lady Vol basketball used to be.

Reactions: 2 people
I think the plan is to ride out this season and see what she can do with a mostly new group of players with a fresh attitude. I expect that at least three different starters and three other major rotation players will be involved in most of the minutes played next season. Time to make the best of this lost season were not very good players don't have the attitude or desire to step it up. Roster is to small to do much about it just let them play and hopefully 2017 will be the emergence of the way Lady Vol basketball used to be.

I don't want to give up on them yet. They are slow starters by all accounts so lets give the coaches and players time to get it together. It's apparent they are not playing well right now but they could still come around.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't want to give up on them yet. They are slow starters by all accounts so lets give the coaches and players time to get it together. It's apparent they are not playing well right now but they could still come around.

Sounds like a synopsis of the football season.

What's the count up to now?

I can't keep up with it Rickster... and we can't even enjoy the recruiting threads for all the negative talk that doesn't belong there. I get freedom of speech but I am not sure why this is allowed on this board.
I have never seen anything like it. Same thing from the same people every day over and over and over again.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6 people
I can't keep up with it Rickster... and we can't even enjoy the recruiting threads for all the negative talk that doesn't belong there. I get freedom of speech but I am not sure why this is allowed on this board. I get freedom of speech but I am not sure why this is allowed.
I have never seen anything like it. Same thing from the same people every day over and over and over again.

Man the **** has gotten out of hand! I went to the "Collins to Tennessee" and it seems like it's more about bashing Holly than the actual recruit. This board just isn't the same anynore, it's been hijacked by negative people who like to repeat the same **** hoping more people will jump on the bandwagon of dissing the coaching staff.......and the kicker is Holly isn't going anywhere, anytime soon!

And what the hell is up with the sniffing of UCONN'S ass these days....we get it, they play good basketball...it's been evident for years!!!! They do have their own site where they welcome fans of opposing teams, only if you praise them first....we have alot of LadyVol posters that I think they'd enjoy.

Reactions: 11 people

A good coach would have these same players in the top 5.UT can't allow Holly to coach the talent out of a new crop of talented players.

Reactions: 10 people
Here's positive input: Holly can recruit, is totally loyal to the university, has served everyone well as a player and assistant coach and will always be a Lady Vol legend.

Patience is a virtue. Don't forget this fact.

Holly's 2017 recruiting is nothing less than miraculous, and the early start to the 2018 class is encouraging.

Holly is her own worse enemy. She needs to get out of her head, stop complaining and admitting she has no answers or focus right now. Draw the wagons, practice fundamentals, demand excellence, become a tougher taskmaster. Your team is soft. I know you aren't because I witnessed your guts in competive action. Take control of this team NOW and remind these young ladies the competition to play going forward starts now, not when the Number One class comes to town. Middleton, Jackson, Dunbar and Nared should be very afraid. Mercedes must become stronger physically but she's headed in the right direction. Diamond may be a lost cause, unfortunately. When her game is on = nirvana. But "on" is becoming more rare. Sad.

Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 8 people
Here's positive input: Holly can recruit, is totally loyal to the university, has served everyone well as a player and assistant coach and will always be a Lady Vol legend.

Patience is a virtue. Don't forget this fact.

Holly's 2017 recruiting is nothing less than miraculous, and the early start to the 2018 class is encouraging.

Holly is her own worse enemy. She needs to get out of her head, stop complaining and admitting she has no answers or focus right now. Draw the wagons, practice fundamentals, demand excellence, become a tougher taskmaster. Your team is soft. I know you aren't because I witnessed your guts in competive action. Take control of this team NOW and remind these young ladies the competition to play going forward starts now, not when the Number One class comes to town. Middleton, Jackson, Dunbar and Nared should be very afraid. Mercedes must become stronger physically but she's headed in the right direction. Diamond may be a lost cause, unfortunately. When her game is on = nirvana. But "on" is becoming more rare. Sad.

Go Lady Vols!

I am reminded by this post of something about "old dogs and new tricks".....

This has been talked about to death, but here goes. CHW has had her chance to continue on after a legend. She has failed miserably, time to move on. Some of you like her so much that you want to give her forever to prove she can be a good coach. It will not happen. She had all the resources avaliable, and a roster full of talent at her fingertips right here. For the life of me, I can't figure out how long do you give a person to improve the team from the failings of the year before? Maybe it is forever. I used to be a diehard, now I have just about lost all interest in watching.

Man the **** has gotten out of hand! I went to the "Collins to Tennessee" and it seems like it's more about bashing Holly than the actual recruit. This board just isn't the same anynore, it's been hijacked by negative people who like to repeat the same **** hoping more people will jump on the bandwagon of dissing the coaching staff.......and the kicker is Holly isn't going anywhere, anytime soon!

And what the hell is up with the sniffing of UCONN'S ass these days....we get it, they play good basketball...it's been evident for years!!!! They do have their own site where they welcome fans of opposing teams, only if you praise them first....we have alot of LadyVol posters that I think they'd enjoy.

I totally do not get all the Geno fangurling in this forum! I get it - he's an awesome coach - but take that **** somewhere else!

The negas takeover of the Mimi Collins thread was a disgusting disgrace!

GO LADY VOLS!!! ❤️🍊🏀✨

Last edited:
This has been talked about to death, but here goes. CHW has had her chance to continue on after a legend. She has failed miserably, time to move on. Some of you like her so much that you want to give her forever to prove she can be a good coach. It will not happen. She had all the resources avaliable, and a roster full of talent at her fingertips right here. For the life of me, I can't figure out how long do you give a person to improve the team from the failings of the year before? Maybe it is forever. I used to be a diehard, now I have just about lost all interest in watching.

BROKEN RECORD.

I really wish y'all would get some new material. 😁

Reactions: 5 people
No coach at Tennessee will be replaced until the new athletic director has been named. Honestly? A year after the fact.. besides,who ever that AD will be,will be focused on football 1st! Because as strong as lady vols basketball "Was" TBA does not hold over a 100,000 fans on a game to game basis..

Last edited:
Come on Lady Vol nation, we just need few more new threads on why Holly should be fired (like today) to shift the very cosmic balance of the Universe. Just a few more downer threads and the LVs will never miss another shot, lose another game, and all your wildest dreams will come true. We are soooh close. To help out, here a few possible new thread ideas…

Let’s face it, Holly is doing terrible.
Let’s face it, Holly needs to step dow.
Let’s face it, Holly is doing terrible and needs to step down.
Is Holly doing terrible and does she need to step down?

I THINK (always a great justification for a new thread), Holly is doing terrible and needs to step down.

I just came to the board for the first time and wanted to share my important opinion with you—Holly needs to step down…

Here is why Holly is doing terrible and needs to step down
Body of post: Holly needs to step down because she can’t coach

Holly can’t coach…

Come’on folks the permutations are endless and it never gets olds. It’s like the movie groundhog day; each day a volnation poster wakes up and goes “Oh my GAWD! No one has realized that Holly is doing terrible and needs to step down. I MUST TELL THE WORLD!”

Reactions: 4 people
It's a cycle I anticipate will go on until the end of time or until Holly retires in 15-18 years.

Step 1: Get all excited for the season.

Step 2: See how they play and realize they are not the Tennessee of old.

Step 3. Get angry at the coaching staff.

Step 4: Decide it's the players and not the staff.

Step 5: Get excited about the recruits.

Step 6: Go back to Step 1.

It will go on for eternity until people either accept the new normal or find another team to support. The thing is even though it's different it could also be enjoyable if fans were willing to let go of the old and try and find a way to embrace the new. Is it ugly in comparison to what you're use to? Yes. However that doesn't mean this part of the journey for the program isn't as important as where they have been or where they plan to go.

Vol fans are passionate and while not a Vol fan myself I can certainly appreciate that. Put it this way a lot of you have been Vol fans for most or all of your lives. That means something and I doubt no matter what happens you will stop being a Vol fan. If they never win another championship you will most likely still be a Vol fan. The optimists don't accept the pessimists and vice versa but at the end of the day if you're a passionate Vol fan you are in it together.

One can only chuckle at people who think HW is somehow going to change who she is, or her coaching style, or improve as a coach, at this point. This is her 5th year as head coach, she is 57/58 years old. She is not going to suddenly learn how to coach.

VN Store

Back