Amira "MiMi" Collins to TENNESSEE!

"Collins has the physical tools to bring versatility to the forward positions. The 6-foot-3 interior player can be an impactful presence both offensively and defensively. In the last year, we have seen her mid-range jumper become a quality weapon in her arsenal and her range is quickly extending to the 3-point line, a feature of her game we saw on display multiple times this summer. If Collins can continue to develop and round out her skill set, she will grow into the kind of offensive talent that can exploit individual matchups with regularity."

This is great!!

Reactions: 2 people
One of our serious problems this season is depth. Hard to sit lazy or sloppy play if you do not have a bench. That may be changing in the next two years. I believe that Holly is fixing that problem in an impressive way. She needs to improve in many ways, but at least she is showing signs of improvement in the recruiting area. That is a very important area too. Go Lady Vols!

Reactions: 4 people
BTW Coach Law is responsible for her (Collins) verbal commitment as well, Coach Law is getting her job done for those saying she is the problem

Reactions: 6 people
BTW Coach Law is responsible for her (Collins) verbal commitment as well, Coach Law is getting her job done for those saying she is the problem

No one here has been saying Coach Law is the problem......You've been trying to push an agenda for Coach Law for 3 months now....just relish in the good recruiting news instead of trying to put Law onto a pedastool everytime we get a recruit. I'm sure the WHOLE coaching staff was instrumental in getting the recruits here!

Reactions: 3 people
One of our serious problems this season is depth. Hard to sit lazy or sloppy play if you do not have a bench. That may be changing in the next two years. I believe that Holly is fixing that problem in an impressive way. She needs to improve in many ways, but at least she is showing signs of improvement in the recruiting area. That is a very important area too. Go Lady Vols!

That is one true clear good sign!

Above all else recruitment of good solid players is essential to the program at least on paper headed in the right direction.

Thank you for choosing The Lady Vols, Amira!:)

No one here has been saying Coach Law is the problem......You've been trying to push an agenda for Coach Law for 3 months now....just relish in the good recruiting news instead of trying to put Law onto a pedastool everytime we get a recruit. I'm sure the WHOLE coaching staff was instrumental in getting the recruits here!

I give praise where it's due, point blank period....Gotta call it what it is which some fail to do!

People are saying the entire staff needs to go and that isn't truly the case!

Furthermore I am sure the entire staff maybe putting in work on the recruiting trail but Law is very essential to this program especially on the recruiting trail

Do we have more on the way soon?????

I hope so as well! I have a list of who I want/who I think we could possibly land! I wonder if we are still interested in her high school teammate Honesty Scott-Grayson (who is currently ranked 11 on Hoop Gurlz)

I'm glad that we are getting these super talented young women, but it's hard for me to get excited when we haven't done really nothing with the highly rated players we have now. Baylor just made us look like a high school team. Many coaches envy the roster Holly has, yet we have looked terrible in many games. Until the play improve with our current team, it's hard for me to get to excited.

Reactions: 8 people
I'm glad that we are getting these super talented young women, but it's hard for me to get excited when we haven't done really nothing with the highly rated players we have now. Baylor just made us look like a high school team. Many coaches envy the roster Holly has, yet we have looked terrible in many games. Until the play improve with our current team, it's hard for me to get to excited.

Understandable

Only one question remains....with all this talent coming....how can Holly screw it up and run the program into the ground even more than it already is????? Lots of talent, incredible talent.....but it's worthless without great coaching and in that area, we are royally screwed! It's a crime against these kids what they are about to walk into!

Reactions: 1 person
Knoxville News Sentinel:

"They've also watched the Lady Vols go through ups and downs. Two seasons ago, they won 30 games. They suffered a program-worst 14 losses last season. In both instances, they reached the Elite Eight round of the NCAA tournament".

"We got to see Tennessee at its best and Tennessee at its worst," Derwin said. "We got a chance to see Coach (Holly) Warlick handle adversity and handle the good times."
Tennessee again is struggling. The Lady Vols (4-3), who play at No. 17 Texas on Sunday, fell out of the Associated Press Top 25 poll on Monday. Amira Collins said present circumstances didn't give her pause. Her father echoed the sentiment.
"We had enough info on (Warlick) and the staff that we feel confident she will be able to change it around," Derwin said.
Amira's commitment comes less than a month after Tennessee completed a 2017 signing class that was ranked No. 1 nationally. The class is comprised of guards Evina Westbrook, Anastasia Hayes as well as forward Rennia Davis and center Kasi Kushkituah.

While Amira indicated her mind essentially was made up by then, she knows all four players and looks forward to playing with them.
"We felt like adding her to that mix of kids was a great fit," Derwin said."

Reactions: 9 people

Woohooo go Holly and staff. Welcome to the Lady Vols family MiMi.

Reactions: 3 people
The 2017 class has speed something we don't have now. Off to a great start in 2018, been a long time since we got a young lady to commit this early. I still believe after a few more games this team will come together, Me Me is getting better all the time she is the only girl that Tennessee has with speed beside DD. Go lady Vols.

Holly is like Lyle in a lot of ways. Good recruiter, terrible coach.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back