Game Thread Lady Vols at Texas

governmentmule

as always Go Lady Vols :clapping:
Date: Sunday, Dec. 11, 2016
Time: 4:30 p.m. ET

the game will be broadcast on TV on FS1

I don't see a stream listed,if you have a link,please post it :hi:

has anybody found a stream for the game yet ? this may work,but I'm not sure about it

FS1 - Live TV Stream

you can listen here

University of Tennessee powered by College Sports Live or

Cumulus | WNML-AF

the Lady Vols are unranked

Texas is ranked 17th in the AP Top 25 Poll

play with some Pride Lady Vols

as all ways Go Lady Vols :clapping:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I think I'll be busy at that time. Got a few stray hairs left on the head to trim and the dogs need a bath. lol

Reactions: 2 people
The most physical team usually win big games.

Lady Vols basketball, we are tougher than you. Lady Vols by... wuteva? I just hope more players besides Mercedes and Nared show up.

Game will come down to guard play, which gives me pause.

Thanks for the heads-up GM. I will watch as many games as I can this season but not expecting too much from the Lady Vols. This team was a terrible shooting group last year, and it doesn't appear they are any better this year. Defense and rebounding can help you win games, but they can't always overcome not being able to consistently put the ball in the basket.

Thanks for the heads-up GM. I will watch as many games as I can this season but not expecting too much from the Lady Vols. This team was a terrible shooting group last year, and it doesn't appear they are any better this year. Defense and rebounding can help you win games, but they can't always overcome not being able to consistently put the ball in the basket.

There will be a whipping. I am not sure it will be as bad as Baylor. I MR and JN are the only two to show up it will be just as bad. I am hoping DD comes alive.:banghead2::banghead2::banghead2:

Will watch 1st half and if effort in Baylor game continues into this Texas game ,I will click to something else .

Lady Vols basketball, we are tougher than you. Lady Vols by... wuteva? I just hope more players besides Mercedes and Nared show up.

I for one hope Holly shows up ....wuteva.

Most games do come down to guard play and that is bad news for us. What I would like to see is when Middleton gets beat on the dribble, which is most of the time, someone anticipate and take a charge.

Most games do come down to guard play and that is bad news for us...

For all of Pat4life's whuteva's, she is correct in this point. Women's college Bball is all about guard play. You have to have three really good guards or you're toast.

...What I would like to see is when Middleton gets beat on the dribble, which is most of the time, someone anticipate and take a charge.

We have a winner. The whole team gets beat on dribble drives and it's up to the whole team to stop it. Help defense is non-existent. And although I can't hear the player's when I'm watching on TV I can hear when I am at the game and the player's do not talk to each other. I never hear Jordan Reynolds say a word and she needs to be talking constantly on offense. I don't hear Russell say anything on defense and it's her responsibility to call out screens and switches. This team is mute.

Most games do come down to guard play and that is bad news for us. What I would like to see is when Middleton gets beat on the dribble, which is most of the time, someone anticipate and take a charge.

Welp, this season will come down to Middleton, Meme, Reynolds and Diamond.

But if Diamond was playing at an All American level, if she can have 30 point burst against top teams, efficiently, we can be alright and get by, cos we won't be expecting those players to score, just come in defend and rebound the basketball get into a flow, take care of the basketball but if Diamond has to take 25 shots for that to happen, 4 turnovers. ouch. lol

Every guard comes in the game prolly feels like I have to do sumthin, all feel like I hafta to do sumthing special, to make up for our veterans lack of production.

And its pressure, upon pressure, and Diamond and Nared are suppose to the pressure relievers. And the moment engulfs them!

We can do it, Diamond. Let's go Ma. You are one of the best scorers in wcbb, put the ball in the basket ma.

Go Lady Vols guards. Go Diamond.

Atkins or Higgins? is going to light it up, which one of our guards is going to respond... dat part. ugh~ I hate not knowing. lol Dreaming of good guards...

Last edited:

No I agree they can't overcome it since they certainly can't play defense either. A player always has a career night against us without exception, and it sure isn't luck

For all of Pat4life's whuteva's, she is correct in this point. Women's college Bball is all about guard play. You have to have three really good guards or you're toast.

We have a winner. The whole team gets beat on dribble drives and it's up to the whole team to stop it. Help defense is non-existent. And although I can't hear the player's when I'm watching on TV I can hear when I am at the game and the player's do not talk to each other. I never hear Jordan Reynolds say a word and she needs to be talking constantly on offense. I don't hear Russell say anything on defense and it's her responsibility to call out screens and switches. This team is mute.

If we don't have quickness issues at guard, we have lazy issues. We are a very poor team fundamentally. It is why we sux.

Will Texas play zone? It's a simple recipe for success against Tennessee.

if they don't! As you say, play zone against Tennessee and win. We only faced a zone pretty much ALL of last year--and we still look like we're seeing it for the first time. We stand around on both ends of the floor.

Love Tennessee, but I amazed at the effort of the Coaching Staff and player's.This is 2nd year, they just all look so unhappy.Hope they can pull it together for Pat.Not sure they will be ready for Texas.You got to guard McCarty,Holmes,Higgs,Lang and Atkins.I also look for the 6 '4 Twin's for Texas to have a great game.Can't wait for Sunday.

And the "Wow, what happened to Tennessee?" tour continues....

It started last year, when you could sense announcers almost feeling sorry for us--a sense that was very much apparent in the Baylor game as well...

Were in for a very tough season. We might finish near to bottom of the SEC. I don't see any teams in the league that will be an easy game. Arkansas, Miss St, and Alabama are undefeated. Vandy has one loss and has beaten Duke. If were going to get it together better happen fast our 8 and 8 SEC record last season looks to be in jeopardy as far as wins this season.
Hopefully we can get through with a winning record as the future looks bright. Holly is rebuilding the teams talent and depth. Looks like were headed for another top five class in 2018 hopefully they all sign as this year could change some minds.

And the "Wow, what happened to Tennessee?" tour continues....

It started last year, when you could sense announcers almost feeling sorry for us--a sense that was very much apparent in the Baylor game as well...

It started when HW became HC.

:dance2:

The UCONN/ND game was enjoyable last night. I loved the player movement on both sides of the ball.

ND's post game needs work. Westbald was overmatched playing against Collier last night, and she had so many turnovers trying to hit high-low passes to Turner. Credit to Williams for forcing bad passes because she was going to pick off any passes that weren't 100% perfect.

Both teams run nice looking offenses, but UConn's was practically a work of art considering they don't have a "Bail Me Out" player like Stewart anymore. The points they scored off set plays were really clinically executed, and it completely negated the size advantage.

Tennessee has the personnel to do the same, and the size to create mismatches. It's too bad that they are just a Inside Out, Read and React and No Quick Shooting team.

if they don't! As you say, play zone against Tennessee and win. We only faced a zone pretty much ALL of last year--and we still look like we're seeing it for the first time. We stand around on both ends of the floor.

The game last season that shocked me was when Tennessee went to Oregon State. Oregon State played man and lost. Don't they have scouting reports?

VN Store

Back