Tennessee drops from AP Top 25

We received the 5th most votes for teams that finished out of the top 25. Which puts us at #30.
Where were we ranked preseason ?
Was it #4 ?

We received the 5th most votes for teams that finished out of the top 25. Which puts us at #30.
Was it #4 ?

We were #4 preseason a year ago, this year we were #13.

A win at Texas this week could certainly put us back in the Top 25.

Reactions: 1 person
Where does everyone think we will end up at the end of the SEC regular season. ?
Back in the top 25 ?
Between 25 and 40 ?
Higher than 40 ?

Was it #4 ?

14. 4 was last season's team. I doubt we are in the receiving votes list after we lose to Texas.

I really cannot imagine they lose to Texas they are basically the walking wounded right now and somehow Texas is still in the Top 25. Vols will get back in as conference play starts. It will be a slow grind up the chart though.

Unfortunately this is no longer news. Last February the Lady Vols dropped out of the top 25 for the first time in 31 years. That's when the message was sent out. This is just a reminder of how bad things have gotten.

Reactions: 3 people
Unfortunately this is no longer news. Last February the Lady Vols dropped out of the top 25 for the first time in 31 years. That's when the message was sent out. This is just a reminder of how bad things have gotten.

Last year it was front page on the New York Times sports page. Probably won't even get a mention now.

I really cannot imagine they lose to Texas they are basically the walking wounded right now and somehow Texas is still in the Top 25. Vols will get back in as conference play starts. It will be a slow grind up the chart though.

Texas hung around with UConn yesterday - I think they were only down 51-49 but ran out of gas as UConn outscored them 21-5 to finish the game.

If Ariel Atkins's head injury is serious, that could be tough for Texas, though.

Holmes seems to have a ton of potential but right now, Tennessee's front court actually looks to be more solid. If Russell did that well against Baylor's bigs, she should have no problem with Lang. We did a decent job guarding Texas's starting guards last season, but Higgs came off the bench and destroyed our perimeter defense. Not sure I see that going any better this time around...

Texas hung around with UConn yesterday - I think they were only down 51-49 but ran out of gas as UConn outscored them 21-5 to finish the game.

If Ariel Atkins's head injury is serious, that could be tough for Texas, though.

Holmes seems to have a ton of potential but right now, Tennessee's front court actually looks to be more solid. If Russell did that well against Baylor's bigs, she should have no problem with Lang. We did a decent job guarding Texas's starting guards last season, but Higgs came off the bench and destroyed our perimeter defense. Not sure I see that going any better this time around...

That game last year was ugly all around for both teams. UConn changed defenses in the 4th to combat Lang and it was basically game over from there. I think Tennessee has a good chance to win this IF Texas tries to use Lang like they did vs UConn. If Texas opts to use the driving ability of their guards then it might get sketchy because the man defense for the Vols has been leaky and the help side has been late getting to the spot resulting in opponents getting way too many easy baskets.

Keep dreaming, not only will we loose to Stanford, Notre Dame, and Texas, they will loose to SC, Kentucky, Florida, Auburn. Miss St, and Lsu, and then some of the ones she is supposed to win. It is sad times that people support her and still think she can coach

Reactions: 4 people

Texas is taking the Ohio State route with scheduling. I remember last year OS's non conference schedule was murder.

Nuyoika, barring major injuries, I say UCONN wins the national championship again this year. I believe one of their assistants could take our talent and do very well.

I see 2 things needed for post season play, as the regular season will be a tough one.
1. A team member steps up to become a leader and demand more from each individual player, regardless of coaching
2. The team decides "on their own" to play at the level they are capacity (and this goes back to team leadership), and makes a run through the conference tourney.
Otherwise, we may be looking at the NIT this year.

Where does everyone think we will end up at the end of the SEC regular season. ?
Back in the top 25 ?
Between 25 and 40 ?
Higher than 40 ?

Based upon current play unless something changes there is a very real possibility Tennessee is playing in the #11 v. #14 or #12 v. #13 play in games at the SEC tournament. There just don't like to be that many gimmies in the SEC. Ole Miss, Georgia, Vandy, Bama maybe...not sure.

VN Store

Back