Cheryl Reeve...a thought?

CincyLadyVol

With the Minnesota Lynx personnel aging, would it be a good time to possibly approach Cheryl Reeve to coach at the collegiate level?

Reactions: 1 person
With the Minnesota Lynx personnel aging, would it be a good time to possibly approach Cheryl Reeve to coach at the collegiate level?

We pay Holly more for screwing up then Minnesota pays Cheryl Reeves for winning championships. Why not make the call before some other college does?:rock:

His name says it all: Walz.
Appropriately enough, it rhymes with Tennessee Waltz.

Minnesota has plenty of solid years left. At the risk of being hated for saying it... if Cheryl was interested in the college level wouldn't she wait for her friend Geno to retire?

Love it, after Holly is done! Holly will leave on her own terms.

Are you sure about that? She will not leave on her own terms if we get an AD with the balls(assuming the AD is a male), to make some changes.

i dont think the AD will come in gunz blazing to fire holly. but cheryl is a great coach.

The university would never spend the money to buy out Holly's contract and then pay another coach at the same time. It would be far too expensive.

Make him have a vasectomy. Problem solved

That wont stop the blood from flowing. Lol. Sorry guys I had too. Smh. Sad to say but I dont think Holly will ever step down and the AD wont fire her either. Hopefully everything will be better next season with the talented class we have coming in but I just feel something has to give. I know we are shorthanded but our defense is still suspect not much improvement there and on offense we are turnover probe even without pressure. Maybe we were spoiled with Coach Summitt but geesh Holly light a little fire under the girls. The wqy we've been getting spanked why not throw Harris out there for 10-15 mins. Ugh.

Minnesota has plenty of solid years left. At the risk of being hated for saying it... if Cheryl was interested in the college level wouldn't she wait for her friend Geno to retire?

No way! Geno will coach another 5-10 years.

Reeve could be a candidate for UConn, but I think they will hire one of their own, like Jen Rizzoti, to follow Geno unless he is watching how the Lady Vol's situation has worked out after Pat passed.

I would love to have another Lady Vol step in for Holly, but who? The former players that are now coaching really haven't set the world on fire in the coaching ranks. Kellie Harper has done well, but only at smaller schools. She struggled a bit at NCState. Could she coach UT? I don't know.

Nikki Caldwell was doing well at UCLA, but she hasn't done a whole lot at LSU. Again, could she coach at UT? Some questions there.

Reeve is a bit fiery, like Pat. She seems to know her X's and O's. Seems to care about the game. And a big plus for recruiting is her name is known for winning in the WNBA and she certainly would know what it would take to play in the league. I think that would be appealing to players wanting to continue playing after college.

Don't know much about her, but I'd sure talk to her about the job. I really think she'd be intetested. The position is still a great one, but if the current staff stays much longer, it won't be one for long!

she couldn't win the wnba with four Olympians on the roster, plus she is about as nasty mouthed as DT.

:(

Reactions: 3 people
That wont stop the blood from flowing. Lol. Sorry guys I had too. Smh. Sad to say but I dont think Holly will ever step down and the AD wont fire her either. Hopefully everything will be better next season with the talented class we have coming in but I just feel something has to give. I know we are shorthanded but our defense is still suspect not much improvement there and on offense we are turnover probe even without pressure. Maybe we were spoiled with Coach Summitt but geesh Holly light a little fire under the girls. The wqy we've been getting spanked why not throw Harris out there for 10-15 mins. Ugh.

Kentucky is even more shorthanded with fewer Top 10 HS players and 3-4 walkons, but they are still playing competitively, even with their two losses to ranked teams to date.

UConn has one true post player that doesn't even start on their team, and they have beaten 2 top 10 teams and 4 ranked teams. They have essentially a 7-person rotation until their lead is big enough to call off the dogs.

It's not the players or the depth. It's the coaching. Last year's team was deep as hell with 3 players that were ranked #1 by HS recruiting services, and they were the worst team of all time (a record sure to be eclipsed by this year's team). Do people expect that Anastasia Hayes will be that much better than Te'a Cooper was as a freshman? Or Evina Westbrook better than Diamond was coming off her NFOY award? Jaime Nared was a big time scorer in HS just like Rennia Davis was, so what happened to her first 2 years at Tennessee? Kasi will add depth, but she won't be better than Mercedes is right now.

All these people saying "wait till next year" seem to forget that we've been saying that for 5 years now. The constant is not the players, that have been coming and going. It's not Kyra, who is a distant memory yet the baffling play still continues. It's Holly, and until something is done about her (or she does something and finds assistant coaches who can mask her ineptitude as a coach), it will continue in spite of the #1 recruiting class. People getting their hopes up for next year will likely be disappointed.

Reactions: 3 people
Kentucky is even more shorthanded with fewer Top 10 HS players and 3-4 walkons, but they are still playing competitively, even with their two losses to ranked teams to date.

UConn has one true post player that doesn't even start on their team, and they have beaten 2 top 10 teams and 4 ranked teams. They have essentially a 7-person rotation until their lead is big enough to call off the dogs.

It's not the players or the depth. It's the coaching. Last year's team was deep as hell with 3 players that were ranked #1 by HS recruiting services, and they were the worst team of all time (a record sure to be eclipsed by this year's team). Do people expect that Anastasia Hayes will be that much better than Te'a Cooper was as a freshman? Or Evina Westbrook better than Diamond was coming off her NFOY award? Jaime Nared was a big time scorer in HS just like Rennia Davis was, so what happened to her first 2 years at Tennessee? Kasi will add depth, but she won't be better than Mercedes is right now.

All these people saying "wait till next year" seem to forget that we've been saying that for 5 years now. The constant is not the players, that have been coming and going. It's not Kyra, who is a distant memory yet the baffling play still continues. It's Holly, and until something is done about her (or she does something and finds assistant coaches who can mask her ineptitude as a coach), it will continue in spite of the #1 recruiting class. People getting their hopes up for next year will likely be disappointed.

I hate to say it, but you are probably correct.

I will add look what Duke did to SC yesterday and 8 players played. How many HS all americans on Dukes team?

VN Store

Back